Please lower or waive Second Life® fees during the COVID-19 pandemic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Wendy Starfall said:

I think what you mean is: Why not me?

Earlier I responded to you that I'm sorry you couldn't get the help that you needed, when you needed it. But to be quite frank? This is not about you, or some past event.

It's about a current issue, that affects people globally, and as it just so happens, we are users of a platform that includes many, many artists and content creators, who need help now, not yesterday or in the past, but right now.

That right there, is your problem and precisely why you won't get any support here, or most places inworld.

It IS about me, it is about countless others you're not thinking about. It is about past issues as well. It will help dictate how, when, where and who will get help in the future.

Stop making it about you. 

Now I'm done because I will get super bitchy from here on out.

You will not get my support or the support of anyone I know that's for damn sure, because this whole I'm thinking of the little guy has now been proven to be a load of horse poop. 

Good day. 

Edited by Tari Landar
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Wendy Starfall said:
23 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Truth be told, removing or reducing fees for a subset of people is far, far harder and more time consuming that just flat doing it for everyone - which of course definitely should not be done.

That's why my personal suggestion would be the LindeX or process credit fee.

A single variable to change, based on the residents economic limits tier.

This appears to be the most simple to implement, but I'm not familiar with their system, and as I said earlier, this is just an educated guess.

Even for only one fee, you still have to go through everything that I listed if you want that change to only apply to a subset of residents -- i.e. based on their economic limits tier.

Just now, Tari Landar said:

That right there, is your problem and precisely why you won't get any support here, or most places inworld.

In fact, I have been getting quite a lot of support since I posted the topic.

Signatures are going up and people are discussing things and having fun.

This forum topic isn't the alpha and omega of the petition, or its underlying cause.

It's all good, my dude. ❤️

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Even for only one fee, you still have to go through everything that I listed if you want that change to only apply to a subset of residents -- i.e. based on their economic limits tier.

I don't think so, but that's something only someone working at Linden Lab can clearly tell.

1 minute ago, 0Witchy0 said:

This person just spam flooded the official Firestorm support group until they were blocked. Clearly not the best way of spreading their "cause"

I don't have anything to do with this. It's obviously not my style as I'm trying here for many hours to make my point, and defend this point, with eloquence and dialectic.

As I said, I didn't expect the official fora to be like this, and was hoping for a more productive outcome. Silly me?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wendy Starfall said:

I'm taken seriously enough so you feel it is worthwhile to spend your time and energy to argue with me. You must be taking me quite seriously, and that is a good thing.

Do not equate your being taken seriously as doing good for your cause, Wendy. I find your argument so poorly formed and your claims so devoid of evidence that your efforts work against your case for me. I've seen this happen countless times and it frustrates me. There might some day be a well reasoned, evidence based argument posited here that won't get the time of day because of a history of fatally flawed previous attempts, yours included.

Nowhere does the Law of Holes apply more than right here.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wendy Starfall said:
17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't think so, but that's something only someone working at Linden Lab can clearly tell.

Actually, anyone with some solid IT experience with applications, databases, and coding would know it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Actually, anyone with some solid IT experience with applications, databases, and coding would know it.

You cannot know something that you can only guess. We are obviously both professionals, and we have different opinions. That's okay, but assuming that you actually knew things without any insight, data, source code, or model, is not how we do it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wendy Starfall said:

I don't have anything to do with this. It's obviously not my style as I'm trying here for many hours to make my point, and defend this point, with eloquence and dialectic.

Either way, it linked back to your post.

10 hours ago, Wendy Starfall said:

Last Friday I started a petition where I'm asking Linden Research, Inc. and Tilia Inc. to consider lowering or waiving fees during the COVID-19 crisis:

https://www.change.org/LowerFeesForArtistsSL

As my petition isn't getting the momentum I had hoped for, I've decided to also open a topic here on the official forums.

To summarize, I'm asking that any or all of these fees could be lowered or waived during the corona crisis:

LindeX Exchange Fee
Tilia Process Credit Fee
Marketplace Seller Sales Commission
Land Use Fees for Private Full Regions

I am not asking that these fees are waived or lowered for everyone, nor that they are lowered or waived forever, as we all know that this isn't going to happen. I am asking specially for all of those who are within the 30-day economic limits tier "Resident 2", who usually make only a bit over 1,000 USD a month, and who are the most likely to be unable paying their sim rent, or worse end up unable to pay for their existential basics, such as rent, food and internet bill.

The situation with quarantines and shutdowns is devastating for artists, virtual sex workers, indy coders, graphic designers and students who have a hard time making a living. It is devastating to all of those who don't get business right now, who won't get a paycheck and only bills - except for maybe the small amount that they can generate with their SL stint. They will need that now more than ever.

Please consider signing my petition, and who knows, if it happens in some way I am sure that extending such a gesture will not only be positively remembered by an already quite critical and cynical community, but also give Linden Lab and Tilia Inc. an opportunity to be well reflected by the media, and creators have a greater incentive to stay on the platform and rely on it during these hard times.

I don't want to step on anyone's foot, I know that some merchants who are in the higher tiers will be angry with me, but what I'm asking is really for those who are off the worst, not for those who earn more than 1,999 USD every month through SL anyway. I also know that Linden Lab has to care about their own employees first and foremost, which I respect very much.

Still I think this is worth a shot.

Please stay healthy.

Sincerely,

Wendy Starfall

I agree with Wendy she is right. With this virus it is getting to be outrageous and out of hand. Rl even discounting or giving free delivery, prices need to drop or go to zero for sure. When increase took place it was horrible for SL VIP.  SL we Love you please help us out during this time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

There are multiple current threads expressing similar views. 
Have you asked your grocery store to cut prices? 

The Answer is no but this is a game or something to have fun and be relaxed. The logic tell you to save money and taking that as a point lots of us will be forced to cut this and it's not fair.

I think Linden Labs have a big support from people like me and maybe you to make this like a very good business. This is a good time to give us back that support. Im not making any complain. Just im asking for help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wendy Starfall said:
4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You cannot know something that you can only guess. We are obviously both professionals, and we have different opinions. That's okay, but assuming that you actually knew things without any insight, data, source code, or model, is not how we do it.

Let me rephrase -- anyone with any logic would know that it is far easier to apply something (not charging a fee or charging a reduced fee) to the whole rather than having to check some set of criteria first.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ShannonRoseLuv said:

I agree with Wendy she is right. With this virus it is getting to be outrageous and out of hand. Rl even discounting or giving free delivery, prices need to drop or go to zero for sure. When increase took place it was horrible for SL VIP.  SL we Love you please help us out during this time.

Optional entertainment doesn't count as a necessity, though. A company like Second Life is under no obligation to change anything, despite the times we are living in. It will only hurt them and us in the long run if they go bankrupt. 

22 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

It IS about me, it is about countless others you're not thinking about. It is about past issues as well. It will help dictate how, when, where and who will get help in the future.

I don't know that this argument holds up, Tari because of the fact that the issues you brought up about yourself may have been issues that were not known about.  How can someone help, if they do not know someone needs help?

ONTO the issues addressed by the OP:  As to another poster in this thread who said LL at Lab Gab said they may look at individual cases...well, that's the answer there for me.  I think individuals should contact LL themselves regarding their issues and talk to them no matter this issue or any other issue.   Many companies will "work" with people during terrible times.  

This is a terrible time.  I feel like a stream train is coming full speed at me called the coronavirus.  The situation is horrible in America right now.  It's the worst and the end is not even known.

As far as a general waiving, I don't really know much about it nor how it would work.  

I do not want to sign a petition but I'd rather the OP contact LL directly about the situation.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Wendy Starfall said:

But you're ok sending this message to every single open collar user when then log on ? Everytime. 

FsuWVCN.png

Looks like spam to me.....

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Chegardo String said:

The Answer is no but this is a game or something to have fun and be relaxed. The logic tell you to save money and taking that as a point lots of us will be forced to cut this and it's not fair.

I think Linden Labs have a big support from people like me and maybe you to make this like a very good business. This is a good time to give us back that support. Im not making any complain. Just im asking for help.

Life isn't fair. Are you going to ask Covid-19 for a refund or discount?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoffeeDujour said:

But you're ok sending this message to every single open collar user when then log on ? Everytime. 

FsuWVCN.png

Looks like spam to me.....

Imagine paying 1.2k Lindens for a collar only to have the maker turn into into a spam machine. Troll or no troll, you've got to see how that's messed up, @Wendy Starfall

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.