Please lower or waive Second Life® fees during the COVID-19 pandemic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Wendy Starfall said:

I agree and I'm very familiar with everything else you said. But this is not what I'm suggesting. I wrote "any or all" of these fees and only for "Resident 2" and lower economic limits tier.

That could be something like reducing process credit from 5% to 2.5% (just as an example) or waiving it for a month or two, where we can only hope that this crisis isn't taking another two months. Then things would look quite different again.

What I suggest would realistically mean 20 to 100 bucks more a month for that creator.

During these times, that small amount would make a huge difference.

To get another $20 per month by reducing a fee 2.5% they'd need to be pulling out $800 per month. (20/.025)

To get $100 it would therefore need to be $4000 per month. And it was you who said that anyone taking out $2000 wouldn't need any help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wendy Starfall said:

I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand:

These content creators have businesses in the real life that are dormat, halted, shut down.

Their only source of income right now is the small amount they make with their SL shop.

The problem is, EVERYONE has a real life income that has been reduced or completely gone.  EVERYONE.   Content creators, and I am one of them, don't need special privileges.   And honestly, if anything could be done, LL could just freeze everything in place, charge no one anything, and stop all LL transactions in world so people could use their REAL hard to earn money for food, housing, cleaning supplies, MASKS, and just let everyone log in, have fun, I am sure LL can handle a couple months of that without going broke.   They can even leave the purchase of Lindens open for the Linden markets to still function, but.. Hey!   That's just a thought?   

Wendy, you're going to be defending yourself non stop with these posts, I don't see LL doing anything about it anyway.   So the entire thread is moot.

iBL

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wendy Starfall said:

These content creators have businesses in the real life that are dormat, halted, shut down.

why the heck do we have to pay for their Real Life businesses... you'r nuts, do they pay for ours? After this crisis there's a expected unemployment that's 4 to 10 times highers as before, can i come to you to get my 33.000 euros yearly? (around 18/20 nett payment, before social fees)

Edited by Alwin Alcott

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

why the heck do we have to pay for their Real Life businesses... you'r nuts, do they pay for ours? After this crisis there's a expected unemployment that's 4 to 10 times highers as before, can i come to you to get my 33.000 euros yearly?

and my 120K?

8 minutes ago, Wendy Starfall said:

I'm not sure why this is so hard to understand:

Their only source of income right now is the small amount they make with their SL shop.

LL is not the governemt. Its not their obligation to cut down on their own business, to ease the financial strain of some selected residents for whatever benefit. Its entitled behond believe to think a certain group of residents is 'worth it'. If your SL business isn't self-paying -> close it. If it is -> Take what little it makes you and be happy. But don't go around demanding that LL  cuts into their own business and stop pretending you simultainously care for their employes, when you directly ask the company to decrease their financial abilities just to be "nice" and get some PR out of it (or not).

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, iBuilder Miles said:

I am sure LL can handle a couple months of that without going broke. 

i wouldn't bet my money for that .. if you see how many companies are falling already.. also ones to be thought to have a healthy amount of cash to run for some time.

Okay, I wish you luck @Wendy Starfall, I had hoped this thread would be different, but, it's not.   I am out.  Peace everyone, and please remember to be respectful of everyone, their thoughts and opinions my differ, but that's okay.   If anyone is entitled to anything in this world, it's their opinion.   

Peace, make love, not babies.

iBL

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iBuilder Miles said:

So the entire thread is moot.

The more comments it gets, the higher it ranks in the search, the more people will read the OP. I'm happy to continue responding until I find something to do that requires my full attention, like eating or masturbating. ❤️

• Like 1

Back in 2008, I owned 2 sims. I was a content creator myself... in that I created a place for people to play and enjoy and socialize.

When the financial crash happened that year, I ended up selling my sims. I was sad about it. I couldn't afford it any longer. And not only  was I sad about it, a lot of others were too. Regardless, it had to be done. Back then, no one suggested a bit of relief for people like me that hit hard times in SL. "That's just the nature of business, take it or leave it."

Jump to 2020, COVID-19, Crashed economy, Social isolation... And at this point, I'm angry that Linden Lab hasn't made any sort of relief effort for anyone on their platform, or made any mention of COVID-19 on their blog, or staying safe, or any real community involvement.

So, it's up to us to start the dialog to get things rolling and we should be united in this, and not fighting among ourselves and arguing for the sake of arguing.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Wendy Starfall said:

The more comments it gets, the higher it ranks in the search, the more people will read the OP. I'm happy to continue responding until I find something to do that requires my full attention, like eating or masturbating. ❤️

Send Nudes.  LOL!  JK.. have fun with that.

1 hour ago, Wendy Starfall said:

Please refer to this comment:

So... the topic of this thread is your PETITION. But you think that people discussing your PETITION and how you are misusing your product to push your PETITION is off-topic. 

You keep saying "off-topic" (when I suspect what you mean is uncomfortable for you).

image.png.5306f7e2d3135fcec8c3720bb069a284.png

• Like 5

I'm definitely sympathetic with how some sim owners might be having a hard time paying their tier during this pandemic, if it had caused them to temporarily lose their job / income.

But at the same time, if we go by the numbers, it would make more sense financially for LL to keep the current tier;

If they reduce the price by let's say, 50%, then that means sims that are having trouble staying up would last twice as long, but it would still give LL the same amount of money while doubling the operating cost (because they'll stay twice as long for the same amount of money).

Maybe LL can have some sort of program where they do an "offline preservation" of sims that can't be paid for by their owners during the pandemic, and restore them once the sim owners can pay for them again, but I don't see them lowering the price / tier for lands.

• Like 2

Just now, Seicher Rae said:

You keep saying "off-topic" (when I suspect what you mean is uncomfortable for you).

No, actually I don't. I already responded to that earlier.

It's easy to use another topic as counter point when the poster, me, only ever opened one other big topic about a similar issue. With those investigation skills you should work for the NSA. 👍

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

most people read on date i think, not ranked

Most people read when people argue with each other. Keep the energy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Eva Ryan said:

ump to 2020, COVID-19, Crashed economy, Social isolation... And at this point, I'm angry that Linden Lab hasn't made any sort of relief effort for anyone on their platform, or made any mention of COVID-19 on their blog, or staying safe, or any real community involvement.

LL did have a notice on the front page about COVID-19 and is offering a reduced something or other for education or conferences through SL or something like that.  Someone else may have that information if you really want it.  

But, to address this thread and give it a spin, how about a fund raiser/charity event for the creators who really need it to be held here in Second Life?   It would need a committee to determine who is in fact in need, however.  

Creators give a lot...maybe it's time we gave a charity event for them just as we do all these outside charity events that happen in Second Life.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lucagrabacr said:

Maybe LL can have some sort of program where they do an "offline preservation" of sims that can't be paid for by their owners during the pandemic, and restore them once the sim owners can pay for them again, but I don't see them lowering the price / tier for lands.

I don't see that happening either, more likely and arguably easier to implement would be a reduction in credit process or LindeX fees for a limited time.

The offline preservation sounds great, but it's also way more effort than adjust 1 variable.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wendy Starfall said:

/me hands you a Magic Wand 

And of course, more people reading your OP does NOT mean more people will go to your petition to support it. The two are different things entirely.  I'd say "good luck with that" but I disagree with your petition and your means of advertising it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Numbers are funny that way.

Give it your best shot. The validity of your counter points are killing it.

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I'd say "good luck with that" but I disagree with your petition and your means of advertising it.

I already learned that the official SL fora are where the gen. pop disagrees with almost "everything Wendy Starfall". But that's okay, I appreciate people's opinions.

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

If this is what it is like to have a discussion with the OP, then I now understand why there was the big brewhaha a few years ago that had half of the people leaving her group. Yikes.

I'm not sure what you are referring to. 15,000 people joined my group Fire Flower, and a couple thousand my Discord server. Most people like a chill attitude, drama and humour. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I now understand why there was the big brewhaha a few years ago that had half of the people leaving her group

818556152_fireflower.png.d85bea52ddad48644fc548a9cc5e73d0.png

Started with less than 10 members when I made the group public in October 2017.

It grew quite a lot, considering that it isn't store related or some gross, explicit adult thing.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.