You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if this is the right place so if this moveable, please move it mods 

So okay, I've been looking at maybe making a child avi and trying out having a rp family, whenever I get a propet laptop and junk and remembered that some rp families use huds to help their immersion. I know about the yuu/nuu one but I was wondering, are there other huds some families use? I heard of one called Xeolife and people said Life2 is a money grab so yeah, I'm curious. I don't even see the life2 hud anymore but there are still items being sold for it?

Anywho, what do you guys use? Child avi rpers are absolutely welcome to reply too cause apparently, you guys know more about rp huds than me when it comes to child avi immersion. XS

I have been looking around at different rp huds myself and found one called BeYou the other day but haven't had the time to look into it more. There is a main sim and from what i understand even classes for it.

4 minutes ago, meatjuice said:

I have been looking around at different rp huds myself and found one called BeYou the other day but haven't had the time to look into it more. There is a main sim and from what i understand even classes for it.

I've heard of BeYou but no idea where to find it. I did hear it can get expensive, but I'm not sure how either. I'm interested if you find out more about it. 

1 minute ago, gudetama00 said:

I've heard of BeYou but no idea where to find it. I did hear it can get expensive, but I'm not sure how either. I'm interested if you find out more about it. 

from what I have heard so far most of the rp hud systems get expensive but from what i have seen it does seem to be the most active and there are all kinds of sims for it. 

the main sim is just called beYou. the hud is free to grab too there or on mp.

BeYou is pretty expensive. Sure, it can be fun, but, if you're looking for a one time payment kind of deal, don't do BeYou. Take note, that BeYou is very strict with their buying and selling things and have a tightly regulated buy/sell rate system, so as not to undercut or overprice people. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it if you're just looking for RP, since it does cost alot and you'll have to tend to it often. If you don't take proper care of yourself, you die and have to pay L$777 to stop being dead. Though, it may be more expensive than that, I don't know. I'm not active with BeYou anymore.  Nothing against the creators, just wasn't my thing.

Best of luck with whatever huds you decide to try. ^_^

• Like 1

Yuus/Nuu and Parents Little Helper (and I think one or two other similar huds) are not like the others. These are primarily for things like picking children up, carrying them, offering treats/praise/punishments (timeouts and such that is) and other things like that. Yuus/Nuu I believe is more involved than the others. They are basically direct interactions between one av and another, not personal stats upkeep systems.

The others are for maintaining certain stats like health, hunger, cleanliness and such. Think...the sims. 

BeYou, Life2(when it existed, I do believe it's been yanked off the market, despite products still existing for it) are both expensive af. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, they're expensive on the upkeep front, and most who participate end up giving up. I wouldn't use either system, nor any others that come with such ridiculous costs for basic self maintenance.  Its not a justifiable cost, imo. 

Xeolife is very similar in functionality to both of them, but it's MUCH more budget friendly, even if you purchase items. The creator even offers some free items that will let you keep your stats up (all the time, not a one off) completely for free. This, as far as I know, is the only RP "life" type system, that does this. All others range in cost. Now, you can also buy things, of course, and you can make and sell things, if you so wish. But Xeolife is the only sort of that kind of hud system I have ever seen that can actually be done 100% free, if you don't have the budget (and lots don't...no judgment here).  It's also a better choice if you're not sure this is the kind of rp you want, or if you don't intend to do it for a long time, because you're not going to die and have to pay a hefty fee to live again lol. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Beyou is crazy expensive. Yes, its very very active in second life but its even way more expensive than Life 2 ever was. 

you can find it by going to the main sim Beyou through the search when you are in world .

If you do not mind paying for every little thing, then yes its fun and its got a lot of people doing it but I really dont know how everyone is affording to do Beyou.

Edited by caribenaMermaid

Both Parents Little Helper and Yuus/Nuu are good options. I prefer Parents Little Helper since it is cheaper and generally has more options. 

Kei Folland, the same person who made Parents Little Helper also has a hugger designed for kids.  

Look at Sleepy ZZZs to RP you're asleep. 

Both Tushiez and Puddlepants offer great diapers. You can find Tushiez on Marketplace and Puddlepants in world. 

Xeolife is by far the cheapest and safest 'Life' Hud to use. You could end up spending loads of money on BeYou only for their servers to go down like Life 2 did. 

Mogli does a fun tickler you can wear on your stomach which people can click and make you laugh. 

Pooterbilt has a whole health / medical system where you need medicines and shots etc while Sweet Baby has a Cold and Flu system for kids. 

Similarly, there are a couple of spankers around which are appropriate for kids if you want to try discipline RP. 

A relay is good for keeping you on timeout mats / chairs and you can buy furniture like school desks which make you write lines or answer maths questions. 

Hope it helps!

Not an RPer myself but somewhere along the way I've picked up the idea that parents buy this sort of thing for their RP kids. Even if that's not the common practice or the way it's done in the family you eventually choose, you'll want to be using whatever system they are.

Also, these sorts of systems can disappear or not be updated if the creator can't maintain it. Just some things to consider since it's all in the future and hypothetical.

• 1 month later...

I like XeoLife. I've met the creator and he's really nice. Because the scripts are available for creators and because there is no monthly sub for creators (what turned me off of Life2), I have had all kinds of ideas for items.

I've made roleplay items that lower your stats (like a scraped knee) and I'd like to make some pet accessories like a food dish or maybe a toilet addon (for water).

I've also contemplated things like cooking classes, where you set the stats for the food based on what ingredients you used and how you think it turned out, and have even had an idea of making a line of "favorite shirts" or something that very slowly boost your cheer stat, possible at the cost of hygiene. So there is a lot you can do with it if you really want to, don't have to if you don't want to, and can use it for a lot of family roleplay (like making a prim object you wear for Cheer when you're out with family, or a "sick" object like my scrape idea to roleplay a day at home sick).

Cherished Cherubs has a great hud for infants, kids and parents. I really enjoy the system, and have tried most others. BeYou has the most amazing farming system for kids, but I wasn't able to afford it sadly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.