My idea to save SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

The day we see Second Life become "Sexy Disco Life" is the day I sell up and leave.

With respect, it might be best you do that. 

Yesterday's 'SL' is dead. The glorious future will be electro clubs and if you can't adapt to that, well...

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Now if only male avatars could look like this.

He's impressive, all right.  I just keep thinking he's likely to thump me over the head with a club and drag me back to his cave by the hair.  I'd prefer a more civilized approach, if you know what I'm saying...

il_fullxfull.301880233.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, RiffRegan said:

With respect, it might be best you do that. 

Yesterday's 'SL' is dead. The glorious future will be electro clubs and if you can't adapt to that, well...

One of the wonderful things about SL is that it is what the users make of it, i.e., it's the users that take the blank canvas and build the worlds and experiences that they envision.  

The other wonderful thing about SL is that it's a very large place and it can act as host to a wide variety of different worlds, experiences, lifestyles.  So if you think that the future is in electro clubs, then go for it!  Find some like-minded people and create an area of SL that is just electro clubs and the associated support they need, and promote it to your heart's content.  

Likewise, people with other dreams of what SL should be will continue to gather together with other like minded people and continue with supporting, or building and promoting, their own visions.   SL is too big to become a one idea only type of existence.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

SL, do you admit you are a sinner and accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior?

/me dunks SL in water

There.  SL is saved.  I can get back to my biker gang's discussion on RP now.

For some reason I keep thinking of the music video to Save Me San Francisco:

Not so much the lyrics, but catchy tune, love the reveal at the end. Just my sort of thing! 😍🥰

• Like 2

On 4/4/2020 at 9:12 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

The "see live music events in Sansar" idea was the last gasp before they sold the platform.

The day we see Second Life become "Sexy Disco Life" is the day I sell up and leave.

I was thinking of asking you on a date to go to my fave disco haven...  😭

On 4/4/2020 at 6:44 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Based on previous posts, I'm going to guess Trolling

It used to be, trolling requred you to be subtle or witty enough to be convincing and get real reactions.

How low we've sunk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Personally, I think the “saving” of Sl will be; (a) better business decisions by LL and (b) flattening the learning curve required for New Residents to get to the point where they can “mingle” confidently and make better use of the variety of content available.

But if we MUST change SL to a musical-era format, my vote is for ABBA-Life.....

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2912377f5a5745be24d3

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

Disco-schmisco.

80s rock is where it's at.

that Europe guy ?Joey Tempest? is a great singer

buuut if there is going to be a music thingy theme for SL then

😺

this is the ultimate Dad song. When your Dad starts singing this song with actions then run away ok. or you going to die

• Haha 3

Did you know that Disco music started because of the end of the Vietnam War?  At the end of war, people took to the streets, dancing and singing and partying, and then "discotheques" became all the rage.   

With the Vietnam War over, it also signaled the end of most protest music and it became more along the lines of "party music" until perhaps the group U2 revived protest music.  

I like some Bee-Gees and some ABBA but I mostly do not care for disco music.  

And, to the OP...why would you want two of the same kinds of platforms when this is what Sansar has become as you say.  There is no need to have two of the same.

Second Life still has the best content anywhere...it would never be just club gear stuff.  

Edited by FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.