What Log Home add-on do you want?

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I have health problems, and because of that, I burn through my energy to finish a project, and then crash. So what you see is a rough build inworld, with old school prims. It is from cube and cylinders, plus MP bought railings. And a roof that I just pushed through, it is not visible over the second floor ceiling. I can't seem to find energy to take it up and polish it. Rationally, I have seen things on the Marketplace that absolutely do not look "polished" but I can't do that.

Sometimes I feel like a tease. I am proud of what I made and want to show off, but is it 'unfair' to keep it for myself?

No one see imperfections in images like that, but when they buy it and inspect it, they can feel tricked to buy something they thought was better.

Making a store is harder than it seems. I started once, but could not finish. I could offer demos, but that is a new listing and I must upload textures with DEMO on and make the build no modify and... If I had the energy, I would do it, because who say no to money.

It looks so nice in the pictures and in world ❤️.  You’re a clever lady and modest!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, seanabrady said:

These are looking good. I noticed a number of people talking about rotating the houses. I noticed on mine that the ability to rotate is built into the house controller.

Only the Grand View can be rotated. Unfortunately the rotation is a single 90° clockwise and back :( So if the houses on your parcel face North and you want the Grand View to face South or West you're out of luck.

• Like 5

I also wanted some kind of bathroom partition for the upstairs loft in the Grand View, and this low prim beauty of a room add on with a sliding stained glass door is on Marketplace...the matching windows are a nice touch!  I wish I was talented enough to create my own mesh add ons  :)   I posted a bunch of pix of the decorated house and bath on the "Show Off Your Homes" thread ...

3 - GrandView Bath add on sml.png

• Like 9

Hi Nika, if you ask me, i would like sort of french doors for the big passage ways in the Grand View home on the first floor.. from the window entry hall to the next room (which is my kitchen) and the room behind tit. Not a door fan but then i could best separate the second lil room in the back and leave it not furnitured (spend too much for the garden lol) Pics of what i did coming soon!

I am grateful for the open contemporary design of the beautiful Grand View. Kudos to Magic Mole.

And a big thank you to @Blush Bravin for the deck idea. I made one out of prims and assorted goodies lying around my vast inventory. The only thing missing from the house is a basement to store that inventory in. Anybody know how to make one? 😄

boathouse_042.png

boathouse_044.png

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Malayaa said:

I also wanted some kind of bathroom partition for the upstairs loft in the Grand View, and this low prim beauty of a room add on with a sliding stained glass door is on Marketplace...the matching windows are a nice touch!  I wish I was talented enough to create my own mesh add ons  :)   I posted a bunch of pix of the decorated house and bath on the "Show Off Your Homes" thread ...

I had been working on a "missing bathroom" add on for the Grand View too, but it didn't have those nice windows. Not a big fan of the stained glass door - would rather have it be plain frosted glass

• Like 2

On 4/6/2020 at 10:53 AM, Malayaa said:

Thanks to your earlier post, I bought this and removed the door to use in the Lincoln. With a bit of resizing, the doors work just fine. :) 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 4

On 4/5/2020 at 3:14 AM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

In that case i would want a log cabin that looks like a freaking log cabin.. That looks like a house with siding.. Logs are round. That is the best LL can do? Seriously? 

Rounded logs would add enormously to the mesh geometry and render cost. So yeah, it's a necessary compromise for the overall quality of the regions. A different name would be more appropriate though.

On 4/5/2020 at 5:42 AM, Blush Bravin said:

I've made a small deck extension for the exterior.

468004846_add-onlog_001.thumb.png.32f58504b140c9dfb163c925728340cc.png

Inside I added exposed beams and a partition in the upper loft area to add a bathroom/closet area creating a nice master suite.

1567502104_add-onlog_004.thumb.png.c93b3dba99ea6ff570a7ccbc29231809.png

I retextured the Roost fireplace with stone and added a chimney.

I haven't really begun to furnish the home yet. These additions are so simple to make that I'm not sure whether or not to put them into a package for sale. Of course the fireplace isn't my creation so that for sure won't be for sale.

Are the deck and walls original mesh or built from kits?

If original somethings I could not reproduce myself, then I'd be open to the idea of getting them from you. 😉

On 4/6/2020 at 5:26 PM, Marianne Little said:

Making a store is harder than it seems. I started once, but could not finish. I could offer demos, but that is a new listing and I must upload textures with DEMO on and make the build no modify and... If I had the energy, I would do it, because who say no to money.

Marianne, what you do with so little has always astonished me. You have a real eye for home decorating. Taking the most ordinary of common place things and combining them into beautiful, warm and comfortable living spaces

you may have thought about it already but I am pretty sure that you could hang your shingle out, and would be more than a few people who would queue at your door, with relatively substantial budgets, which they would put into your L$ account, from which you would buy,as gifts to them, the stuff they need. And give you edit rights so you can mount it all for them, and pay you good money on top of this, so that they can obtain a Marianne Little curated home. Marianne Little being one of the best, if not the best, name in the home decorating business

you may not think you are worthy of this, but I tell you that you are. I made a white box house out of prims as an example of old school building. You took that simple box design and turned it into an amazingly good and comfortable home

so stick your shingle out please. You talent needs some love that can buy you stuff, and I am pretty sure you will get lots of love when you do this

Edited by Mollymews
and
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2020 at 2:50 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

Are the deck and walls original mesh or built from kits?

If original somethings I could not reproduce myself, then I'd be open to the idea of getting them from you. 😉

They are my prototypes for creating them in mesh. I've not started the mesh objects yet. I will, but have no idea when I will get to it as RL is keeping me otherwise occupied.

• Like 2

On 4/10/2020 at 1:36 AM, summernightsdream said:

Answering my own stupid request from a few posts before, lol .... tried to adapt the French Door i got for my Doyle Victorian and played with textures .. that's what i got - happy now!

GrandViewFrenchDoor.thumb.png.fea68e87d96e667d7420ab549f496210.png

Love that glass pattern. And I do mix a lot too (although sometimes I take it too far), I love eclectic stuff. It looks really nice with that earth tone on the wall

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2020 at 5:28 PM, Mollymews said:

you may have thought about it already but I am pretty sure that you could hang your shingle out, and would be more than a few people who would queue at your door, with relatively substantial budgets, which they would put into your L$ account, from which you would buy,as gifts to them, the stuff they need.

.... so stick your shingle out please. You talent needs some love that can buy you stuff, and I am pretty sure you will get lots of love when you do this

Totally agree with everything you've said here about Marianne's talent.  And, the 'home designer' role exists already in SL.  There are people in this forum who decorate for their friends and acquaintances, and I think I know of one person who does it as a business.  So it's a viable thing, people do it.  If you decide to take this plunge, Marianne, go for it!

I just wanted to say that for me, in the world of scripting I decided early on that I was comfortable giving away scripts, but not charging for them.  And I am particularly disinterested in contract scripting.  Whenever you make something for someone in particular, there are deadlines and discussions and time-consuming communications that have to happen.  And I decided that if I was going to provide that sort of support, well, I wanted to be paid RL wages for it.  There are clients who are willing to do that, but few.

There is one potential client with the budget to pay RL wages for home furnishings, and that's LL.  If a Marianne Mole shows up doing showcases, well, we'll know that Marianne's talent has found its monetary reward!

Yes, the activity of scripting (or decorating!) is fun, but for me, it's the MOST fun when I do it for my own pleasure.   And isn't fun really what SL is all about?  For me, one unhappy client would rob SL of pleasure for weeks.  Blargh, not worth it!

Also, I have a selfish reason for posting this.  I'm SO happy that Marianne and others share their inspiring creations, and I would hate for them to disappear into commercial activity and seldom share for the fun of it!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

There is one potential client with the budget to pay RL wages for home furnishings, and that's LL.  If a Marianne Mole shows up doing showcases, well, we'll know that Marianne's talent has found its monetary reward!

i would like this to happen

• Like 5

Mesh log home stairs, please.  Just having these as is would be great.  Even greater would be 3 sizes: this width, much wider, and this width but longer without the bottom pegs (for when you want to step up higher, say to a hot tub).

Grand View:  

Stairs.JPG.f994aec34fc6279f8918fa85376a0099.JPG

Mountaineer and Lincoln: (interesting little rustic choice, having the vertical slats not stop at the bottom rail.  If that costs LI, I'm personally not wedded to it!

1575894878_Stairs-mountaineer.JPG.daea6a0fdc7adae6c3f2826fac21b0d2.JPG

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.