What Log Home add-on do you want?

Nika Talaj

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As yet, there aren't a lot of addons available for Log Homes, of course.  What would you like to see? 

For example, I would LOVE to see a 2nd floor deck for the Overlook.  I suppose many people would insist on seeing stairs to one, but personally I'd be OK with having to TP to it.  My big question about it is, can anyone make one that would look decent?  My alt tossed up a couple of prims to see, and from an architectural point of view, she's surely no genius.  She doesn't own much, but put a table and chairs up to show scale.  Why would you want such a monstrosity?  See 2nd pic.  Big country!

2052852944_Overlookview_002.thumb.png.f04295fa247d46cfcb95904ec09f6a1c.png

2061255021_Overlookview_001.thumb.png.1f63ac6429f3c3dc2fa614fe32506d70.png

• Like 3

To be more serious, some ideas:

• Ramps up for the Grand View because it just has the one on the side.
  • Something making use of that balcony on the first house choice.
  • Solar Panels and a 'PowerWall' for 'offgrid' living.
  • A side shed.
  • Splits for each house style carving out spots for bathroom and kitchen.

• Like 3

An inner shell so that you can paint things your own textures, not just pick one solid color.  This shell should include a floor, so that you can teleport by clicking, as usual.  The floor should extend to any outdoor stairs or porches as well, so that you can teleport.

• Like 2

Two more highly important requests:

• No fullbright. Unlike some of the existing 'exterior shells' for houseboats - let's not ruin more of SL with fullbright.
  • Leave some horrid 'NOT YET COMPLETE' item blocking access to using any doors or floors or windows until the item is 'saved' with it's config - which then deletes all scripts.
    • Why? The key thing here is to make sure if you have any config script - it gets deleted, so you need to make sure the item is unusable until the end-user does something, and that something needs to them delete the scripts, to reduce region lag.
    • Alternatively you can just add a timer to the script, and when it gets to some number; for example 1200 (20 minutes), the script deletes itself.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

It's taken me three days of trying to find the perfect spot with an east-west orientation with views to water. I really lucked out and have water both in front of and in back of my home. I decided on the Grand View for its wonderful expanse of windows in the front.

148131929_add-onlog_005.thumb.png.1b41cc9f13d3188da4d95de9e5435349.png

I've made a small deck extension for the exterior.

468004846_add-onlog_001.thumb.png.32f58504b140c9dfb163c925728340cc.png

1204960267_add-onlog_002.thumb.png.2fd5d92c6e494ef7f2a4804440f5a901.png

Inside I added exposed beams and a partition in the upper loft area to add a bathroom/closet area creating a nice master suite.

1567502104_add-onlog_004.thumb.png.c93b3dba99ea6ff570a7ccbc29231809.png

I retextured the Roost fireplace with stone and added a chimney.

88391905_add-onlog_003.thumb.png.8e6247e48c05a54e2bc240b77aeab669.png

I haven't really begun to furnish the home yet. These additions are so simple to make that I'm not sure whether or not to put them into a package for sale. Of course the fireplace isn't my creation so that for sure won't be for sale.

• Like 13

I would like a second floor deck..my old dream home in Truckee (by Lake Tahoe) in real life! there were stairs up to the front door on the second level, the great room and kitchen were on the second floor with bedrooms on the first (this layout was due to the heavy snow which often blocks first floor doors).  Lots of shoveling required lol.  There was a simple wood deck on the second floor which was my favorite spot ♥  Forest everywhere! Here in SL, would not need stairs to the deck (yay for teleport)...there is kind of a deck on the side second floor with the Lincoln which you can see the view standing up which is awesome, but would like a deck to "lounge" on and watch the sunsets :) 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

It's taken me three days of trying to find the perfect spot with an east-west orientation with views to water. I really lucked out and have water both in front of and in back of my home. I decided on the Grand View for its wonderful expanse of windows in the front.

148131929_add-onlog_005.thumb.png.1b41cc9f13d3188da4d95de9e5435349.png

I've made a small deck extension for the exterior.

468004846_add-onlog_001.thumb.png.32f58504b140c9dfb163c925728340cc.png

1204960267_add-onlog_002.thumb.png.2fd5d92c6e494ef7f2a4804440f5a901.png

Inside I added exposed beams and a partition in the upper loft area to add a bathroom/closet area creating a nice master suite.

1567502104_add-onlog_004.thumb.png.c93b3dba99ea6ff570a7ccbc29231809.png

I retextured the Roost fireplace with stone and added a chimney.

88391905_add-onlog_003.thumb.png.8e6247e48c05a54e2bc240b77aeab669.png

I haven't really begun to furnish the home yet. These additions are so simple to make that I'm not sure whether or not to put them into a package for sale. Of course the fireplace isn't my creation so that for sure won't be for sale.

are these going to be for sale?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Pretty please with sugar on top, please please put these on the MP.  I will buy them as I can't make stuff and if I do make stuff it looks crappy.  I already have the fireplace :D .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, heartzwhim said:

are you going to place it on MP or for sale? 

I have health problems, and because of that, I burn through my energy to finish a project, and then crash. So what you see is a rough build inworld, with old school prims. It is from cube and cylinders, plus MP bought railings. And a roof that I just pushed through, it is not visible over the second floor ceiling. I can't seem to find energy to take it up and polish it. Rationally, I have seen things on the Marketplace that absolutely do not look "polished" but I can't do that.

Sometimes I feel like a tease. I am proud of what I made and want to show off, but is it 'unfair' to keep it for myself?

No one see imperfections in images like that, but when they buy it and inspect it, they can feel tricked to buy something they thought was better.

Making a store is harder than it seems. I started once, but could not finish. I could offer demos, but that is a new listing and I must upload textures with DEMO on and make the build no modify and... If I had the energy, I would do it, because who say no to money.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.