Animated Clothes

lolliepaws

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I saw that there were a lot of animated t-shirts in marketplace... I tried to make an animated texture, i found a script in marketplace for it... but gif covered everywhere of t-shirt. I think its I related to the script. Is there a script where I can make gifs for clothes?

It is much more complicated than that. Your clothing has to be designed so that its UV map has appropriate places for any textures you apply. A script can address specific faces, but would need to be written specifically to work with that textured surface. You cannot apply a gif with a script either, so you'd need to have a texture (a PNG, JPG, or TGA image) designed for that shirt and then animated with the LSL function, llSetTextureAnim. If you're planning something like that, I suggest posting in the InWorld Employment forum to attract a scripter who can work with you as you create your design.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, lolliepaws said:

thanks a lot i make mesh clothes and know how to make UV map!

Essentially, you'll need to add a layer of mesh to the area where the "gif" is going to be. For example, a simple square on the chest. That patch needs to have its own material, separate from the rest of the shirt. That way you can animate just that face of the shirt.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.