Has anyone ever been a resident of Kitely?

OvOwl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Kitely is just another grid. It runs using Open Simulator and can be connected to via a third party viewer that has Open Simulator capabilities.

In my own personal opinion, I would say Kitely isn't worth it unless you want to just pay and go do your own personal thing. If you really want to go with a different grid than Second Life, go with OSGrid. OSGrid you can spin up your own region on your own computer for free and toy around with it if you really want to mess around with a third party grid.

Third party grids are sort of a niche group, you would be lucky to find more than a couple hundred people online at once on any of the alternative grids. While they can be interesting to toy around with, as I do have a OSGrid account and have had some fun, there just are not enough people to justify putting copious amounts of effort into.

Additionally, third party grids, because of their open nature, make it a bit easier to steal stuff, including stuff that normally can't be stolen on Second Life, such as scripts. Most third party grids have the ability to copy no-copy items, and transfer no-transfer items. This is due to the granting of god powers, as well as having access to the simulator's terminal and opensim LSL functions.

The reason why Second Life's regions are more expensive is because Second Life has more residents, which means more visibility, which means higher bandwidth LL has to pay for.

In all honesty, just go with Second Life, it is worth it in the long run if you want stuff to be seen by many people, and has a much more secure permissions system.

Edited by Chaser Zaks

I have had a sim and still create in Kitely. On the PLUS side, Kitely runs better than many Opensim grids as the devs there have added a lot of additions and features to the base code. They also have a long and thriving market there where you can sell your items and buy from others. AND Kitely takes many steps to help insure creator's rights.  It is also free and there are places which offer free places to stay. You can create items for the Market on the creator sandbox. 

At $15 a month for a sim and $19 something for a quad (four sims) it is a good land value. There ARE things happening there, but certainly not as much as in SL.

So it just depends what you are after.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.