Crowded hangouts

MelodicRain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are there any very active hangouts to meet people that aren't shopping events, combat sims or afk poseball sex sims? Recently I found this place called "Burrow Coffee inc." which is a cozy, chic and Starbucks-like coffeehouse that's really nicely decorated, unfortunately it's usually dead (<5 people in it). Something like this sim that's active would be perfect. I find that if the sim looks nice, then usually the people who go to it are also well-dressed and less.. weird. In contrast if the sim looks like it was furnished in 2007 and never touched again, the people in it usually look like they just got out of welcome centre.

Edited by MelodicRain

Most places in SL are busy only at specific times of the day when they have scheduled events on. Some places may have only one event a day and they are empty and dead the rest of the time, others may have events running for 12 hours a day. Best bet is to find a place you like the look of, even if it's empty, and look for a group-joiner board in the venue. This will notify you when events are happening. Don't rely on the official events listings; not all venues use them.

There are practically no venues in SL that are busy 24/7, except for newbie welcome hubs, shopping events and AFK sex places. naturally these are not the best places to strike up conversation.

My favourite place to dip into when I'm bored is the Shelter. Though it is a newbie place, most folk who hang out there regularly are old-timers like me, and there's usually at least someone there.

You can try Belle's Coffee Shop... tho again as Matty mentioned.. you need to hit the events to find 'busy' activity. They seem to have regular events tho. Sorry I don't have LM.. but it should come up with search.  I think region is Beau Belle 

I have visited Barrow Coffee and found same and don't think they had any events when I was checking them out. 

Side question for Matty... does Shelter still have the Money Tree? Just curious, guess I should go check myself! 

It's true most sims are busiest when they have events happening.  I try to go to Misfits performances when my schedule allows, and Miktopia is one of my new favourite spots.

If you ever want to chat or meetup, feel free to message me here or in-world.

Edited by KaioshinEa

6 hours ago, TechDave said:

Side question for Matty... does Shelter still have the Money Tree? Just curious, guess I should go check myself! 

No the money tree is long-gone, as is the pile of outdated freebie boxes. I don't think money trees are a thing anywhere now, tbh. 

Edited by Matty Luminos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.