important items lost

falejvi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, do you guys know how to recover or where to find an important item i lost i did not delete myself since i didnt empty my trash bin in a while. Thing is i had rezzed an item in a linden home of a friend, her suscription ended and i never got the items from her home and one of them is very important to me for 2 reasons worth more than 20k and is something that reminds me to my former partner who passed away. I check everywhere inventory, lost and found visit many places even her linden home but nothing, i know where the last place i rezz it and was there, is there a way to ask LL for a return or i lost it forever??

Please help with any guidance 

3 answers to this question

the items may have been returned to you as a coalesced object if you had more than one object on your friends parcel. Coalesced means two or more objects returned as one inventory itme

Have a look in your Lost and Found folder. Rezz the objects you find in the folder. The coalesced object will rez each object individually and you will be able to retrieve them as normal

if not in Lost and Found folder then folders Objects then Trash then every where else

A coalesced object will have the inventory symbol of a little pile of cubes.  It may have the name of any of the objects it contains, or simply "object".  When rezzing it, stand well back from any parcel or region boundary lines...the objects will rez in the same relative positions where they were last, and you don't want any of them running into a boundary.  It's also a good idea if you can rez them on a platform somewhat up in the air, to keep any of the things from rezzing underground.

Before you rez the object, open your Edit window.  That way, all the objects will be selected when you rez it, and you can move all of them as a group.

Another way to search is by date. Since you didn't tell us which viewer you are using or the type of computer we have to guess when giving specific instructions. Use the viewer's HELP->About... to find and copy the tech info we need. Paste it in with your question.

Open Inventory and select settings image.png.11e8e15f8322d8f63b0f25c0cda6f967.png

In the drop-down (up?) select Show Filters image.png.fcdc0d9848705682b592acd10c326762.png

Use the date fields in the lower part of the dialog that opens. 

image.png.ec9fee47fb37c7b3ecb9a02b54fdc6a8.png Once you are done searching... Reset the filters.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1474 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.