Price Reduction for land ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

it used to be that only some land would go to auction. Color purple. The rest would automatically go for sale to Anyone at L$4 a sqm. Color Yellow. Then Linden changed it to L$1 a sqm and file a ticket for land not set aside for auction

Must have been very few of those parcels direct to sale then, as I have bought numerous parcels on mainland pre Zindra and never came across one directly for sale.

Irrespective of that anyway, it should be direct to sale. Alternatively if they just cant sell it remove the sim entirely and shrink up mainland.

40 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

Must have been very few of those parcels direct to sale then, as I have bought numerous parcels on mainland pre Zindra and never came across one directly for sale.

Irrespective of that anyway, it should be direct to sale. Alternatively if they just cant sell it remove the sim entirely and shrink up mainland.

it maybe that it wasn all the land went automatically to sale, like you say. I do tho remember buying a 512m parcel in Wallaby region by the road that was set by Linden for sale to anyone for L$4 per sqm in 2010

i think there is some merit at this time for Linden to promote classic mainland parcels directly for sale to Anyone at some price greater than L$1, rather than put it thru the auction system and/or ticket system

the ticket system can be still be abused sometimes by old school sneaky land banker traders, banking tier free prospective sale parcels

like some weeks ago I decided to split my 1024m parcel into a 560 and a 484.  I kept the 560, bought another 544m workshop parcel elsewhere,  and abandoned the 484. Two days later, the 484 next to me had been set by Linden for sale to a longtime old school land banker trader. Our sneaky land banker all these weeks later has to yet claim it. In this state it is tier free to sneaky land banker, they have first dibs on it should anyone else want to buy it. First dibs being fulfilled with a single click

this sneaky method used to be quite prevalent back in the day along with deeding land to a group and not putting all the tier in.  So my first response to my now new almost-nearly neighbour, sneaky land banker, was to laugh because i hope they don't think I might buy it from them

Edited by Mollymews
for
  • Like 1

Molly is right.  For quite a while during the worst of the land glut, LL did set Abandoned land for sale to anyone for $L1 per sq. m.  They've stopped doing that the last few years.  Maybe that's because all that yellow looked bad, or maybe they just felt they could get more for it through auction.

• Like 1

Some sims may close because of the economical ramifications of the coronavirus and the unemployment situation.

I left some of my rentals because I want to keep more of my money for RL at this time.  

It wasn't easy but I think after all this is over, I will start something new when I am ready.

I also needed to leave some of my rentals because I needed to scale down on what I am currently involved in as my emotional state is not so great and I felt I need a smaller SL that is easier to deal with.

As far as LL lowering the price for sims due to the coronavirus situation and the current economic upheavel, I don't know what LL can do.

I think we all need to do what is best for ourselves and families and that could change on a day to day basis.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.