Why dose my avatar appear to be under the region when ever I sit on somthing

CheetahWolf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 years on SL and lately my av has been ending up appearing to be under the region usually in a corner ranging from roughly 10 to 30 meters below ground level immediately after sitting on scripted objects like sofa, chair, line dance, pose balls ect. When this first started, it lasts for roughly 10 seconds and then everything is fine and I appear where I should be sitting on said object. Other times when I end up down there if I turn my cam and it seems to go back to normal. This week I found if I'm stuck down there, and I use the radar to look at someone near by where I should be sitting ...it would work and I appear on the object. Today no matter what I did I just get stuck down there. I spent half an hour waiting for it to do its thing and hopefully show me normally sitting before having enough and just logging. All the time spent in limbo under the region, people near by mentioned they could see me sitting properly. The near by chat works fine when down there, and i can still move my cam around manually. Sometimes when I end up down there I see others body parts, hair, attachments ect.. in a cluster next to me. Teleportation out and back in works but try sitting again and usually I end up back down there. This also happens regardless of what region I'm in.

I use the latest Firestorm Viewer on an OMEN Obelisk intel i7 9700K NVIDIA RTX 2070 Thanks in advance for any help this is really annoying.

Under the Region after sitting on sofa chair bed ect.png

Edited by CheetahWolf
Forgot to include Operating system details.

this problem used to be quite prevalent for me when I had a slowish internet connection and it was dropping data packets

how we end up there is that when we sit on an object then our avatar (and all our attachments) are initially positioned relative to  <0, 0, 0> on the region, and then moved to the actual position on the region

what happens is that our viewer doesn't get the message from the server which contains the actual position we should be at, so our viewer doesn't update our avatar position on screen.  As far as the server is concerned we are sitting on the object where we should ne

as you are finding sometimes when we move our camera this will fix it, and sometime not. Sometime fixes when we stand and resit, sometimes not.

basically is a packet loss problem caused by our internet connection

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.