Log cabin area - exploration & oddities

rileyxrose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I logged on today my log home had been changed overnight. I thought moles had possibly been around to see if the home was in working order. I checked the access list as I had seen others were saying to remove names of possible previous owners. So I went to remove the name, and it says the avatar name does not exist. Has anyone else had this problem. Am I just missing something?

Edited by Vegas Ember
Spelling mistake
  • Like 2

The non-existing resident name on the access list is a known glitch. It seems to be harmless.

Usually if you add a name to the access list, the "does not exist" name then drops off. 

ETA: Prior thread discussing this topic: 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Moxie Fang said:

@Abnor Mole left a pot of mashed potatoes on this funny mountainy thing where 4 sims meet.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Birch Hill/2/255/108

The potatoes were delicious!

Snapshot_059.thumb.png.9f17c7f06f0996aeaba186f81c4160d6.png

Ooo, keep an eye out for the mother ship!

(Not sure if you were joking around or if you don't realize it's a movie reference. :) )

Edited by Cricket Portland
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Cricket Portland said:

I am probably going to get a response that is going to make me embarrassed for asking, but why the volcanoes in some log home regions?  That's the last place I would imagine a volcano to be.  A beachy/Hawaiian-y theme, yes, but woods?

Have you not heard of Mount St. Helens? (That sounds snarky - not intended to be!)

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Looks to me like some poor person had their furnishings all packed in a rezzer, and the rez failed for some reason.  Even if all was good when they packed it, the rez can fail because it goes through some interim step that goes over the parcel boundary, or there's a hill on the parcel and the original one was flat, or it collided with an avatar ...  I usually position the rez box, then send it up to skybox level to rez.  If all looks good, I drop it down.

I can really understand just giving up for the night if that happens!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rufferta said:

I saw this house around the first of the month. Was it an April Fool's joke, or someone who just likes outdoor living?

Might be someone tried to rez what they had used in a previous home and hadn't yet moved everything in to the new home. I did something like that rezzed a semi-opaque prim platform on top of the house used it to rezz, sort through and place what had been in my Vic left it up for the several days i needed it

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.