Non log cabin movers what are your future plans?

Raspberry Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Could you sell your lindens to a friend and get USD in PayPal?

That would be illegal and could potentially have both folks losing their accounts :D.    You don't need to send money to PayPal by the way to pay for membership (or tier), you only need to convert to USD and then LL takes the money out of your account.  

Not a big deal for me. I was "basic" for eleven years or so with no problems.   

At one point The Lab (Patch) mentioned in a video (Town Hall maybe?) that there was discussion about letting folks pay tier and membership with linden dollars rather than having to convert.  I honestly can't see anything in that plan that would be monetarily beneficial to The Lab :D.   So I suspect that won't happen -- and really, it IS my choice not to agree to the documents.    I have a great house with lots of land impact points and super cheap rent. So I am good. 

38 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Even if you agree to Tilia, they ask for no documents until you cash out.. 

There are many that do not like the wording of the Tilia agreement.  Given the amount of money that she has likely cashed out over the years, LL probably already has any applicable docs anyway.  The Tilia agreement is still another matter.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There are many that do not like the wording of the Tilia agreement.  Given the amount of money that she has likely cashed out over the years, LL probably already has any applicable docs anyway.  The Tilia agreement is still another matter.

To my knowledge they do not have my SSN. I never made that much. But yes, it is more a matter of "agreeing" to something that I don't actually AGREE with that is the main issue LOL.    

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2

My alt had been through 5 log homes now (accidentally grabbed a trad yesterday, so #5 was today).

It's kind of confirming to me that my Vic is a keeper and I just need to get over the fact that it has internal doors and a porch...

This is the best log spot I've managed so far:

e1388bd0fbd5fea9baf3e3527a77e428.jpg

(I put the coversations thing over it so you could tell which one it is).

- so a small pond behind me, and a larger pond across the road in front, and then a river a row of houses past that. A hill behind me and the road behind it drives through a tree.

Whereas my Vic has this river that reaches ocean in both directions:

8b7ca72f51fadf38beaf38e13d1d66d6.jpg

I'm not sure I could ever match that location...

That said, the trees and land in the log regions feel more like 'home' because they're the same type as the climate I live in in RL...

And the house has no internal doors and I'm not stuck with a porch - both features I dislike.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

I have a friend who found a "keeper" log home on day 2.  It backs up to one of the curvy water inlets - lakes - whatever.  The really odd thing that he found was that only ONE of the four models has a back door.  How can that be?  Against the zoning regulations in my state LOL.   Anyway since the BACK yard has the view, that is the house he chose.   

He also said that the house tells you the RGB numbers but that those numbers are apparently NOT "RGB" numbers. They will likely fix that. 

I think I like the Victorians the best.   As mentioned in the preview there really isn't a SMALL log home and the exterior color choices are -- well "odd" seems to be his take on it. He stuck with the default color. 

I have one more friend looking that I know of. They are NOT releasing in alphabetical order this time.  The other thing that bothers me a bit (if I were moving it would anyway) is that there are a lot of places that back up to empty land and at this point we have NO IDEA what is going to go in that land.  On one sim I saw a road placeholder going into the empty sim next door.  So they aren't going to stay empty forever.  So friend number 2 is throwing back anything with future questionable neighborhoods :D.   

And now my alt just got a 24 hour lockout because she got the same spot 3 times in a row...

10am - one of my locks expires.

1:50pm PST - 3 of my locks will expire over the span of 10 minutes.

5th lock, not sure of the time... EDIT: 3:40pm PST...

Off to housing purgatory I go...

0d2ae2d188a4573801dce2f13b55d166.thumb.jpg.a2a80e8d3e078489d3e062ca395f8c6f.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

He also said that the house tells you the RGB numbers but that those numbers are apparently NOT "RGB" numbers. They will likely fix that.

If they go from 1-100 they're HSL.

Temp fix:

https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/color/hsl-to-rgb.html

A LOT of things in SL use HSL instead of RGB because... why not confuse folks... 😛

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

If they go from 1-100 they're HSL.

Temp fix:

https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/color/hsl-to-rgb.html

A LOT of things in SL use HSL instead of RGB because... why not confuse folks... 😛

BUT the message specifically says "RGB". THAT is the issue.  He knew it was incorrect. In the end he decided he didn't need that outbuilding anyway.  You can get very close just by guessing really and the textures in the texture pack don't even match all that well (a "bake" thing). But still I am sure folks will be happy to have them.

2 minutes ago, SadieRose Beaumont said:

Just Loving my Victorian on the river in Caladium,had a Trad for a few, nabbed the Vic and it is Home Sweet Home. Of course, exploring and visiting all the areas is a big plus with all the transportation options. So here is too hoping many roads,waterways,trails & alternative transports stay user friendly for future adventures! 😎

Sadie1_001.png

It is in the compelling zest of high adventure and of victory, and in creative action, that man finds his supreme joys. Antoine de Saint-Exupery

• Like 1

I love my Trad that backs on to a river connected to the ocean and my Victorian a short walk away from a train station and ocean rezz spot. If I am going to trade in any parcels it would be the houseboat to try to improve the location. The log cabin landscaping looks great and am looking forwards to having time to explore it on my horse, but I haven't seen anywhere on the map where they have local connections with the sea that for me is essential. 

• Like 2

I had a fly round some of the newly released regions yesterday, and the landscaping is very pretty. 
It looks to me, that what the Moles have achieved with the log homes is that most, if not all of plots are equally nice. The views and features are evenly spread.
This will be great for the majority of people, but less fun for the home hoppers looking for something different.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

It looks to me, that what the Moles have achieved with the log homes is that most, if not all of plots are equally nice. The views and features are evenly spread.

i am not much into curated communities myself, but I do follow the Belli happenings with great interest

like you say a thing and what you have reported on, is a thing that really encourages me is that a Mole said on here way back at the start. That they Moles/LDPW were going to listen to customer/resident feedback and learn from this as they went along with the build out. Which they have done and is really pleasing to see

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I have a friend who found a "keeper" log home on day 2.  It backs up to one of the curvy water inlets - lakes - whatever.  The really odd thing that he found was that only ONE of the four models has a back door.  How can that be?  Against the zoning regulations in my state LOL.   Anyway since the BACK yard has the view, that is the house he chose.   

I think I like the Victorians the best.   As mentioned in the preview there really isn't a SMALL log home and the exterior color choices are -- well "odd" seems to be his take on it. He stuck with the default color. 

I have one more friend looking that I know of. They are NOT releasing in alphabetical order this time.  The other thing that bothers me a bit (if I were moving it would anyway) is that there are a lot of places that back up to empty land and at this point we have NO IDEA what is going to go in that land.  On one sim I saw a road placeholder going into the empty sim next door.  So they aren't going to stay empty forever.  So friend number 2 is throwing back anything with future questionable neighborhoods :D.   

I was lucky, because the house with a back door was the one I wanted. Many houses are on parcels between road and water. The front faces the road. So the best place for a garden is in the backyard. I am very grateful that LL has added a turn for the Grand View, even if it would be better with a 180 degree turn. That turns the huge wall of windows in two cabins, to face the backyard. One can always lay a walkway from the mailbox and around the house to the door. I am a sour person that suggest things like that, I know, 180 degree option for all homes.

I am not sure if I will keep a Log house.

• Like 3

On April 1, 2020 at 8:47 PM, RaeLeeH said:

Nothing's changed for me. I'm still in my Well Springs home as  I have been since that region was released several months ago with no plans to move any time soon.

I will admit I was tempted to test run the log cabins if only short term, for a month or so just to get a change of scenery if nothing else. I absolutely loved the environment shown when I visited the RFL display but most of the homes themselves (while gorgeous) are too big for my personal taste, as were most of the Victorians before them. Before recent world events I had entertained the idea of bumping my house hunting alt back up to Premium but since my finances are now considerably strained I can't justify doing that.

My current home has felt right since I caught it and it ticks all the boxes I had when originally trying to catch a Linden Home; beach, sand, well landscaped. The fact I only have one neighbour beside me is definitely a bonus too (as I get more uninterrupted ocean views). On top of that it was hinted a while ago on a Lab Gab episode that the LDPW may go back and add something as a surprise to the Traditionals (the idea was suggested that a couple of other style homes may become available from the Traditional mailbox) - and while that won't happen any time soon I'm intrigued to see what that is, if it even eventuates. As much as I like the idea of seeing what's out there I know I would absolutely kick myself if I lost my land and later discovered I could have had a different home style on it. Of course that's no guarantee. And while I occasionally see a home on my explorations and get home-envy at the end of the day I like my home where it is now and I feel settled where I am.

Regarding decorating, I used to redecorate a lot. This current set-up is probably the longest time I've ever left my interior alone in any home I've ever had in SL without redecorating except for adding or editing the occasional object. To me that in itself says a lot. I spend a lot of time at home too not just when I am AFK or on the Marketplace or on external programs. As crazy as this sounds I actually enjoy just spending time at home even if all I'm doing is sitting with Riley or the occasional friend. Full credit to the region landscapers; it's a lovely place to just sit and do nothing in (just watch the water and hear it with a parcel-restricted sound orb rezzed in the back yard). As odd as it sounds with the real world a little unstable right now at least there's peace in the familiarity of my virtual world.

TL,DR: I'm staying where I am.

Your entire message was heartwarming. I completely understand the wonderfully calm feeling of staying at home with a baby in my arms while just observing the outside world from my garden. There is nothing quite like it even in SL! 

I am so glad you found a house and location you love. With the log cabin release, we finally did too on my second try. My front porch overlooks water, trees and daffodils (my all time favorite flower). No roads either which is nice. I never moved from my first traditional home I got last year for fear of not having a home at all. We were thankful for our first home in Belli, but our new one is our dream spot we always hoped for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.