Interesting news related to SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Articles like that just leave me dumbfounded. I know that anything else that I might say it would be very judge mental and it’s not my place.

I can only say from personal experience having met my current husband of 18 years 21 years ago in an AOL chat room, That a couple of meetings & a week together does not Really determine whether or not you’re going to be compatible.

Because the person you meet online and spend hours a day with it’s not the person you wind up with.

Thankfully the one I ended up with can tolerate me 😉

• Like 4

I've read that a few days ago. Basically both the husband and wife were no longer in love with each other and the breakup was mutual. The "pole dancer" was just a new user / non-regular user who got on the pole for the fun of it, he wasn't a professional pole dancer on SL. The article was very sensationalized out of proportion

• Like 5

I read that article last week from a different source and shared it to my facebook.  Most comments on it there were positive, especially from a friend and her now husband that met on SL.  I actually remember the day 10 years ago when he was flying from the US to her in NZ for the first time.  We were all nervous if he would turn up for real.  Now they have been married for about 7 years.  

The pole dancer thing was just click bait.  I think, like Alwin, that the first marriage must have had issues for the break up to happen so easily.  All in all I think its quite a positive SL story and wish them well

• Like 5

People get divorced and remarried all the time so I don't really judge the situation. I felt as if this was the kind of sensational article you'd read about SL back in the day. It's the kind of news that makes people go 'tsk tsk!' and then quietly join SL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It says right in the story that both spouses agreed they were no longer in love with each other and that her husband was relieved when she broached the subject. 

The marriage had already failed. Her falling in love with someone else, regardless of whether it was in SL, RL, or whatever, was simply the reason they finally talked about it and both escaped something that was making them miserable. 

This is actually a very sweet love story. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

People get divorced and remarried all the time so I don't really judge the situation. I felt as if this was the kind of sensational article you'd read about SL back in the day. It's the kind of news that makes people go 'tsk tsk!' and then quietly join SL. 

I read some of the comments, and that's pretty much what was said. A lot of tsk-tsking. A lot of people who clearly didn't read the article but just the headline (of course). And a lot of "I need to download that!"

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lucagrabacr said:

The article was very sensationalized out of proportion

There's a very good reason why this rag is known as "the daily fail" in the UK!  This kind of thing has been going on for years in most interactive games. It's just that in SL people CAN have sex in a visual way without the use of a webcam, so it gets a bad rap! They're more than a decade behind with this kind of sensationalist reporting....which should tell you all you need to know about the daily fail!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.