I tried to log into the Marketplace but I keep getting the error message and end up not logging in.

BatmanandSpidermanfan2000

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

On one sunday evening, I decided to log in into the Second Marketplace after buying 265 lindens and go to the Marketplace to see what I could spend. But after I enter my username and password at the login page, it gave me this error message saying "So sorry to keep you waiting. We'll be right back!" then in the bottom it said that they been notified about this issue and they'll take a look at it shortly. Monday, I went back and it still gives me that error message like what the heck? I've been wondering if this error has anything to do with the COVID-19 going on but when I mention that to my friend who also plays second life said he doubted it. So after that, I had to file a support case for that problem. It is still being processed. Today, I went back to the second life marketplace to log in but this time on my iPhone safari browser and it still gives me the same message. I tried going back on my Mac safari browser and still gives me the same message. I even check a website where you check if the site is down, I found out the Sunday was down but Monday. and today showed they were up. Like I said I don't know if this has anything to do with COVID-19 or the fact that the Second Life Main Channel Regions being under maintenance. I just don't know what to do.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 8.37.23 PM.png

3 answers to this question

You can also try clearing your browser's cookies.

But I'd like to discuss another aspect of your post...that purchase of $L265.  That's about $1.00 USD.  For every $L purchase, no matter what size, LL charges a transaction fee of $1.49 USD.  For your very small purchase, this meant that more than 50% of what you paid got used up in the transaction fee!

Make larger buys, but fewer of them, to minimize the impact of the transaction fee!  I recommend buying at least $20.00 USD at a time, minimum.  More, if you can.

5 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Try using a different web browser.  That sometimes helps.  Historically, the SL sites have been optimized for Chrome and Opera and have been less successful for Microsoft's flavor of the month. It's at least worth trying.

I did going there on chrome yesterday and gave me the same message. But I will try doing it again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.