Touches aren't detected if you set the default prim option to pay

Ciaran Laval

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is a subtle difference between 'click' and 'touch'.  Normally click = touch, as you'd expect.  When you change the click-action then, by definition, it no longer generates a touch - it generates a sit/buy/whatever.

However - you should still be able to get touch with right-click > touch on the pop-up menu.  You're just changing the default click-action, not stopping anything that CAN be done.

It's not ideal, but if you need to grab some information about the user before he or she pays you, you can ask customers to touch the object to activate the vendor and then, in the touch_end event (touch_start and state changes don't play nicely), grab the information you need and switch to state payable, which sets the default touch action to pay in state entry.  Then go back to state default after you've been paid (or after a timer goes off).

Thanks, yes it's getting my head around click being the actual action and touch being a choice of those click actions, rather than thinking that a click is a touch. Right click and then selecting touch is the way I'm using the script for touch actions this time.

it's not been stated directly, but right click acts like an override allowing the user to pick ANY valid action in the current state.

to completely disable an action it can't be in the state you are. and as Innula mentioned, if you change states form an even with a chain (anything that has a *_start / *_end) always do it from the *_end event, or your likely to end up with bugs that will drive you mad (in fact I recommend always using the *_end handler if you can help it so that changes to scripts later don't see similar bugs)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.