my skin and shape just will not load no matter what i do

shyboy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i have tryed clearing cach, making a new folder, removing every thing, replacing every thing, disabled hardware skinning tryed using a defaul skin NOTHING WORKS  i cant load any shirts skings or any thing, if its on the torso it wont load but arms legs and so on will load.

if theres no way to fix it will i be forced to make a new account

15 answers to this question

Hello shyboy. Open your inventory, write something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. After that, move to a region with less lag. Smith or  Lime are a protected land which are recommended. There, try to change outfit. Choose one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments.

If the problem remains test your avatar: In Viewer 2 give the command: Menu Develop (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Male / Female. Usually this command is enough to fix your problem.

Also be sure that you have cleared your cache manually:

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife and
C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME)\ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Second Life

(Vista) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

(Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData - Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Local \ Secondlife

Delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

none of that works i did the charecter test and im only head and shoes, the xp info you gave me does not work because once i get to my user name the folder you mentioned are not there

NOTHING IS WORKING i tryed loading just a skin shap n such but the entire issue is nothing works. the skin kind of turns to a black wire frame and then just goes poof.

i have wasted about 4 hours working on this SOME ONE FIX THIS

IT IS NOT , its still does not work the maunelremovel did nothing but remove all my settings, i still cant sex my avi i have re instailed 4 times now as well nothing working i need a solutuon that works i am still just a floating head no matter what i do

i have done every possible thing to get this to work i even called support and all i was told if i want tech support i should pay them so i could maybe get it fixed MAYBE ... i've wasted 5 n a half hours today and 3 yesterday im sorry but i've lost all my patients with this program LINDEN LABS/ SECOND LIFE YOU CAN GO **bleep** YOURSELF, TECH SUPPORT SHOULD BE FREE WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY YOU FOR SOMETHING YOU **bleep**ED UP

Hi Shyboy,

You don`t say which viewer you are using, but can you try downloading a different one and seeing if your avatar looks the same on there. If you are using the LL viewer, try one of the TPVs such as Phoenix https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

Also if you have reduced the size of your viewing window, stretch that back to full size and if you are using dual monitors, make sure that you have SL on the primary one.

• Like 1

nope its doing this both on my duel monitor set up and laptop, the duel monitor set up worked for a few days untill now NOTHING is working pc or laptop. im using the official viewer and i tried like 2 of the official and the phiox one and all same issues

you know what i have had my av skin and shaped taken off eyes to and now i can't change cus sl keeps sayin that can't change till skin and shape are loaded well how the heck is it supose to load if it is not worn and this is the second time this has happend to me so now what am i supose to do walk around sl nakie in my eyes

@ Vannessa, go to your library clothing folder and drag one of the avatar folders there onto your avatar. If that doesn`t fix you, TP to Smith (things load faster there) clear your cache and relog back to Smith. Open your inventory and wait there until it has fully reloaded without doing anything else other than typing in th inventory search bar to prompt loading.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.