What have you been doing to prepare for the move to the log home

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need my sailing access and have yet to see it in the log cabins. There's a large inland lake and river but not ocean.

So I've not done any preparation. Still sitting on 2 identical houseboats and a victorian on a river from which I can sail to the ocean.

I like the log cabins more than the victorian - but location is everything. Only kind of land I prefer more than ocean access is being on a sheer cliff.

Peru-SkyLodge-Hotel-13.jpg

Or steep hill;

080bc44775da8678b187b5c36c425930.jpg

- This is rather difficult in SL because it tends to block off more land than your build and so you only find regions that can support this in a very few select parts of mainland where your neighbors rez giant magenta colored 64x64x64m prims and put gatcha breedable farms on them... /sigh...

So um... yeah...

Just kinda watching this one from a distance.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have not organized things, so when the cabins are released, I have forgotten what I bought 2-3 weeks ago. 😪

Sort your recent tab to show anything bought over the last 21 days.  You'll find all the stuff you just bought that will never all fit in the house. At least that's what I'm hoping to do...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The Overlook house that I am almost sure I will pick, has a white interior in the demo region. Both of the houses have it.

It is a bit difficult for me to decide what to use before I see the house walls in color. I plan to have a wall of natural stone, but I have not found the stone I really want.

Things have changed a bit since March 2019, when we were attaching furniture and swimming pools to us, trying to see what would fit with the Traditionals? 😄 I have not seen many posts with that.

It helps that we get bigger houses. It is more trust that the furniture will fit in perhaps?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Things have changed a bit since March 2019, when we were attaching furniture and swimming pools to us, trying to see what would fit with the Traditionals? 😄 I have not seen many posts with that.

It helps that we get bigger houses. It is more trust that the furniture will fit in perhaps?

I went today (once again) to the log houses preview region and did some measurements - in the garden. :ph34r:😁

I would like to have lots of space in the garden, so big houses for me are somewhat problematic. I would like to have a big swimming pool. I saw that none of the houses have big enough space in the garden to fit the size of pool what I have in the traditional Winchester house. So if I wanted swimming pool in log house garden I would need to make the pool smaller. I'll see how that might go when the houses are available.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

I went today (once again) to the log houses preview region and did some measurements - in the garden. :ph34r:😁

I would like to have lots of space in the garden, so big houses for me are somewhat problematic. I would like to have a big swimming pool. I saw that none of the houses have big enough space in the garden to fit the size of pool what I have in the traditional Winchester house. So if I wanted swimming pool in log house garden I would need to make the pool smaller. I'll see how that might go when the houses are available.

I did measurements a couple weeks ago

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kitten Kaos said:

Have an alt perched & ready to roll. A folder called "log home" that I keep adding stuff to, they better release em soon or that folder is just gonna explode it's so stuffed 😛

explode and flood over to your new log home lol joking

• Like 1

We have picked up everything but minimal furniture in our traditional home so when they release the cabins, I can easily gather up our daughters, return everything to hubby and I, release the traditional house and quickly get a cabin. 

I mean right now I'm clearing out my inventory as I do every spring to stay busy, but I wouldn't call that a preperation for the cabins.

Our old furniture will do for the cabin as well since we are both rather practical. We rarely get visitors and don't really do any entertaining so figure the old comfy stuff will do! 😊

Edited by LyricalBookworm
To fix more spelling errors that I care to admit to.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

It will be a very small garden, yes. The two Victorians - Shelley and Verne - appear to have more garden space than the Log cabins. I could fit a good pool to the side of Verne without windows. It had to be a pool connected to the house, not a separate pool. My deck in Red Hook could be reduced, so I got a larger pool than I have, and with 2-3 more steps up, it would be as deep as yours. Based on measuring with my eyes, I took a quick walk around your garden a few weeks ago.

Maybe only a sauna and a wood hot tub can fit in. We have swimming HUDs that work in Linden water. We could use a lake for swimming.

When it's not tall hedges and fences around, the small garden will feel large. My wish list includes a cabin by a lake, and with the right amount of trees. Meaning I don't like so thick forest that I can't look out, or a very bare forest. But with lots of lilies and other of the nice plants, like in the showcase region.

I will teleport in  and measure the ground on the side of Outlook without windows. I am getting more inspired when we talk about this. Natural rocks or a frame of logs can be a nice tub surround.

I worry that 5 abandons will not be be enough to get a house for my wish list.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1481 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.