Avatar Switch/ Forcing Attachments w/ RLV?

haruspero

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, for the past 6 hours I've been attempting to make a "HUD" (just a block on my UI) that will switch my avatar when I click it. I've searched the MP and the wiki for readily made things.

I'm very new to LSL but I have some experience with scripting in other languages. What I'm asking is, can anyone tell me how they would be able to get this to work? I don't need some grand overview. Just a few pointers?

I'm not aiming for role-play, just to be clear.

This script uses RLV to change your current outfit to whatever is in the RLV folder called "My outfit" when you click on the object (rezzed in-world or worn as a HUD) it's in. The folder "My outfit" should be a sub-folder of the "#RLV" folder in your inventory.

string target_folder = "My outfit";

{
    touch_end (integer count)
    {
        llOwnerSay ("@detach=n"); //don't detach this HUD
        llOwnerSay ("@detachthis:" + target_folder + "=n"); //don't detach anything you're already wearing that's also in the target folder
        llOwnerSay ("@detach=force"); //detach all your other attachments
        llOwnerSay ("@remoutfit=force"); //remove all your other system clothing
        llOwnerSay ("@attachall:" + target_folder + "=force"); //attach everything in the target folder
        llOwnerSay ("@detachthis:" + target_folder + "=y"); //reenable detaching items in the target folder
        llOwnerSay ("@detach=y"); //reenable detaching this HUD
    }
}

Also, here's a link to the RLV API in the wiki: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Protocol/RestrainedLoveAPI.

Edited by KT Kingsley
  • Like 3

I have a sub-folder in my "#RLV" folder called "Outfits". I use the RLV command "@getinv:Outfits=2222" to get the names of the individual outfit sub-folders in that. The RLV command returns their names as a CSV (comma separated values) chat message on, in this example, channel 2222. I convert those CSVs,  using llCSV2List, to a list of button names that goes into the menu function llDialog. And the return from that, plus the outfit folder name, goes into the example I gave.

integer rlv_listener;
integer dialog_listener;

{
    touch_end (integer total_number)
    {
        rlv_listener = llListen (2222, "", "", ""); // create a listener to listen for the result of the RLV command
        llOwnerSay ("@getinv:Outfits=2222"); // get a list of the folders inside the folder "#RLV/Outfits"
    }

listen (integer channel, string name, key id, string message)
    {
        if (channel == 2222) // this is the result of the RLV folder query
        {
            llListenRemove (rlv_listener); // remove the listener
            list buttons = llCSV2List (message); // convert the result to a list
            dialog_listener = llListen (3333, "", "", ""); // create a listener to listen for the result of the dialog
            llDialog (llGetOwner (), "\nSelect an outfit:", buttons, 3333); // create a dialog using the buttons list
        }
        else if (channel == 3333) // this is the result of the dialog
        {
            llListenRemove (dialog_listener); // remove the listener
            llOwnerSay ("@detach=n"); //don't detach this HUD
            llOwnerSay ("@detachthis:Outfits/" + message + "=n"); //don't detach anything you're already wearing that's also in the target folder
            llOwnerSay ("@detach=force"); //detach all your other attachments
            llOwnerSay ("@remoutfit=force"); //remove all your other system clothing
            llOwnerSay ("@attachall:Outfits/" + message + "=force"); //attach everything in the target folder
            llOwnerSay ("@detachthis:Outfits/" + message + "=y"); //reenable detaching items in the target folder
            llOwnerSay ("@detach=y"); //reenable detaching this HUD
        }
    }
}

This is a pretty basic script without any error handling or error prevention. It doesn't include any timeouts, it doesn't check the RLV message contents for suitability as button labels, and it doesn't do anything about multiple unexpected clicks.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.