Our virtual existence

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We dream, hope, of things that we know are true. Things that we know drive us, things that just feel right without a single trace of doubt. Yet we fear, afraid that we might fail, afraid to be made fun of, to not be understood and seen differently from how we see ourselves, afraid of the pain. So we became afraid of our very own hopes and dreams.

They became things that we know and measure, we wake up knowing almost exactly what to do, what's gonna happen and all of today's possibilities. We know them but we're scared to be one with them, I'm scared too. But the dream refuse to stay away. Whenever I hide behind what I think is reason, it shatters that illusion and show me that it's just my fears.

Because the dream is true and kind.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Sometimes I hide behind what I think are true illusions, but I found out recently they're the fantasies to cure my fears.

Not sure if the dream is ever true or kind, but I intend to act with kindness anyway.

Doubting that there is one truth anywhere...

• Like 3

On 3/29/2020 at 4:59 PM, lucagrabacr said:

We dream, hope, of things that we know are true. Things that we know drive us, things that just feel right without a single trace of doubt. Yet we fear, afraid that we might fail, afraid to be made fun of, to not be understood and seen differently from how we see ourselves, afraid of the pain. So we became afraid of our very own hopes and dreams.

They became things that we know and measure, we wake up knowing almost exactly what to do, what's gonna happen and all of today's possibilities. We know them but we're scared to be one with them, I'm scared too. But the dream refuse to stay away. Whenever I hide behind what I think is reason, it shatters that illusion and show me that it's just my fears.

Because the dream is true and kind.

Is anything truly the way we perceive it to be?  Our truth might not be another persons. Our instincts may be spot on, but they could also be way off. The instincts of a cold-blooded serial killer feel right to him without a single trace of doubt (certainly in the case of psychopaths who show no regret or remorse). 

I long grew out of the fear of being made fun of, but can see how others do not pursue their hopes and dreams because of this fear, or the fear of failure.

Dreams though, the ones that occur when parts of our brain are in slumber an the other areas are active, they perhaps can tell us something more. I recently had such a vivid one, where someone I trust in real life had felt unable to be completely honest with me, and feared my reaction if they were, because their secret is about a tryst they had, feelings for another person, that they think I will not understand and may hate them for. I woke from the dream knowing that no matter what, if my dream were true, I still would never hate them. 

Some dreams are true and kind, some are brutal and cruel, the end result will always be the same. We will end up where we are meant to be.

• Like 2

Thanks for the response and kind words everyone :) 

17 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Dreams though, the ones that occur when parts of our brain are in slumber an the other areas are active, they perhaps can tell us something more.

That is true Marigold, I was talking about the dream of the virtual world in general, but a dream I recently had was actually one of the things that inspired me to post this. I thought it would be too much to post it in the original post, so I didn't, but in the dream I was able to express myself in the physical world as much as I could in the virtual world, and I was able to really connect with my grandmother, being with her while showing how I really am inside without the usual facade caused by the limitations of the physical world. I'm not bitter about how I am in the physical world, but it was really nice to be able to feel that I'm truly connecting with a figure who's very dear to me. When I woke up, it reinforces my belief in how important the thing I do and fight for truly is for me - the ability for one to truly express themselves without any limitations, and my lingering doubts just went away with the clarity. 

Edited by lucagrabacr
adding details
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.