Can house inventory link at the same time to edit a move together?

ral61

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My built house on purchased land has all-sorts of items in it, such as TV, sofa, bed, shower, sink, & air conditioner--the list goes on.

Can house inventory "link" together to edit a (move) together on the sim, without re-position of items in the house?

Frontside of Townhouse updated-3-19-20.PNG

3 answers to this question

Yes. You are not actually linking anything, which is likely to be impossible anyway since there's a good chance that many of the things in the house are no-mod. All you are doing is temporarily treating them as a coalesced object.

I suggest setting the options in your editor's Build menu to "Select by Surround" and "Select My Objects Only".  Then set your camera to look down on the house from a high angle and select the entire thing by dragging a rectangle around it while you have your editor open (CTRL + 3).  If you accidentally select some stuff outside the house, just try again until you get a clean selection. Then keep you editor open and gently drag the entire selection with the editor's red/green/blue arrows.  

If you have never tried this before, practice first with some dummy objects. It's a gutsy operation, so it takes patience and good nerves, but it does work. Just be careful not to UNselect your objects until they are where you want them to end up. Selecting them again without picking up extra stuff could be tricky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, I recommend having "highlight transparent objects" (CTRL+ALT+T) turned on.  Some invisible objects will not be selected by the "drag to select" method, but will when made visible in this way.

Check to see if you've selected everything by dragging the group a short distance along one of the axes.  If anything fails to come along, hit CTRL+Z to move everything back to the starting point, then add the remaining pieces to the selection group with CTRL+left mouse click.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yes. You are not actually linking anything, which is likely to be impossible anyway since there's a good chance that many of the things in the house are no-mod. All you are doing is temporarily treating them as a coalesced object.

I suggest setting the options in your editor's Build menu to "Select by Surround" and "Select My Objects Only".  Then set your camera to look down on the house from a high angle and select the entire thing by dragging a rectangle around it while you have your editor open (CTRL + 3).  If you accidentally select some stuff outside the house, just try again until you get a clean selection. Then keep you editor open and gently drag the entire selection with the editor's red/green/blue arrows.  

If you have never tried this before, practice first with some dummy objects. It's a gutsy operation, so it takes patience and good nerves, but it does work. Just be careful not to UNselect your objects until they are where you want them to end up. Selecting them again without picking up extra stuff could be tricky.

Thanks for the tip operation. I only need to move the house side ways "5 edit-clicks", or do the shift manually all over the house.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.