Make Us Laugh!

Logged on today after being away from the forums since mid last week and pulled up my 10 pages of notifications.  Saw this one, from where the mods had moved a thread, and cracked up at the name of the location they moved it to.  I love it when LL has a decent sense of humor.

image.png.cc711633949ff2dac4afb900a4236fbf.png

• Haha 4

I was going to post this in "What are Some More of Your Pet Peeves" but, in fairness, its probably better here.

Somebody posts a question; the intellectual equivalent of this:

OP: “Is it ok to put old engine oil on my breakfast cereal?”

The thread then develops on these sort of lines:-

Poster A: Do you mean in RL or SL? Its really important for us to know the difference because this could seriously affect the answers you get.

Poster B: wtf

Poster 😄 It doesn’t matter whether it’s RL or SL. The answer is the same.

#A two page discourse follows as to whether it is the same or not.

Poster A: Only a moron would not know that there is a difference

#A three page discourse ensues to discuss whether anyone can be called a moron

Poster 😧 wtf. wtf indeed!

Poster E: Yes! Wtf indeed

Poster F: No doubt. Wtf

Poster A: I’m NEVER coming back to these poisonous forums again – EVER.

Poster E: Can I haz yer stuff?

#another page of the rights and wrongs of upsetting people on the forums

Poster F: I’m sure the OP didn’t mean to actually put old engine oil on the cereals. This surely refers to the act of eating breakfast after doing car servicing, doesn’t it?

Poster: B: wtf

Poster E: wtf

Poster A: There’s no need to be rude to Poster F. That was a perfectly reasoned response.

Poster B: I thought you had gone for good, Poster A

Poster A: I had, but I can’t stand back and see my alt fellow citizen insulted like that

#4 pages of arguments about censure follow

OP: Of course I didn’t mean putting oil on cereals for breakfast. Whatever made you think that? This is a very serious request, because I’m a motor mechanic – didn’t you know? These matters are very important to me!

Poster F: Has anybody answered this question yet? Its gone past 10 pages now…

OP: I’m a motor mechanic, and these things are important. This is a serious profession. We need to know the rules about this sort of thing. We wouldn’t want to besmirch our reputation.

#a crop of highly inappropriate, but nevertheless hilarious, emojies follow

Poster B: Poster F, surely you are one of the 99.9% of people that just knew that this was a load of rubbish, right from the start?

#after a poignant but brief exchange in PM…..

Poster B: I apologise publicly and unreservedly, Poster F. If only I had known that you were one of the 0.01%, I would never have said that. Not in a million years. How could I have reasonably known that?

OP: Actually, I didn’t mean engine oil at all. Not like that, anyway. I meant like, when I’d been changing engine oil– I’m a motor mechanic, did I say? – and it’s time for breakfast, is it safe to put the old oil on old cereal boxes to soak up the spills.

#Posters B and F completely ignore this new twist from the OP and engage in a public slanging match

***This thread is now closed to further replies****

15 pages, and we still haven’t reached a consensus. Good work every one!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Very very funny Akane, but! can you help me please?
I say THAT Geralt, (above) is the one who's voice is in the games.
My younger sister just shakes her head - noooooo.
We've played every Witcher game there is.

Do you know for sure please? 🤔

doug.jpg.52b883d3bdbb12f12084e7ebeb79fb43.jpg

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Oh, my.  Now I know I won't be going to a Wal-Mart in the forseeable future.  I wonder why they need to do that?

Well, I doubt they are letting people get as close as my picture shows, but I'm guessing it is the force a queue line for those waiting to get into the store or into the checkouts.  

Totally a guess, as I never go to WalMart if I have ANY other alternative.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

The gate?  What gate?  (OK, I haven't been to a Wal-Mart for ages, but what are the gates for?  Inquiring minds want to know.)

They've only fairly recently begun to do this at my local Walmart. Basically the direct walk through is taped off with crime scene tape, and you have to go to the right around the end of a long gate. Supposedly this is being done for social distancing but....you're still near people in the store and you're wearing a mask anyway. It's weird. lol

Edited by Gage Wirefly
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Awww, WallyWorld is great!  Where else can you see this?

funny-weird-people-walmart-shopping-spot

Second Life?  I am pretty sure I have seen some outfits like that in Second Life.

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Haha 7

On 8/28/2020 at 4:10 PM, Odaks said:

I was going to post this in "What are Some More of Your Pet Peeves" but, in fairness, its probably better here.

Somebody posts a question; the intellectual equivalent of this:

OP: “Is it ok to put old engine oil on my breakfast cereal?”

The thread then develops on these sort of lines:-

Poster A: Do you mean in RL or SL? Its really important for us to know the difference because this could seriously affect the answers you get.

Poster 😄 It doesn’t matter whether it’s RL or SL. The answer is the same.

#A two page discourse follows as to whether it is the same or not.

Poster A: Only a moron would not know that there is a difference

#A three page discourse ensues to discuss whether anyone can be called a moron

Poster 😧 wtf. wtf indeed!

Poster E: Yes! Wtf indeed

Poster F: No doubt. Wtf

Poster A: I’m NEVER coming back to these poisonous forums again – EVER.

Poster E: Can I haz yer stuff?

#another page of the rights and wrongs of upsetting people on the forums

Poster F: I’m sure the OP didn’t mean to actually put old engine oil on the cereals. This surely refers to the act of eating breakfast after doing car servicing, doesn’t it?

Poster: B: wtf

Poster E: wtf

Poster A: There’s no need to be rude to Poster F. That was a perfectly reasoned response.

Poster B: I thought you had gone for good, Poster A

Poster A: I had, but I can’t stand back and see my alt fellow citizen insulted like that

#4 pages of arguments about censure follow

OP: Of course I didn’t mean putting oil on cereals for breakfast. Whatever made you think that? This is a very serious request, because I’m a motor mechanic – didn’t you know? These matters are very important to me!

Poster F: Has anybody answered this question yet? Its gone past 10 pages now…

OP: I’m a motor mechanic, and these things are important. This is a serious profession. We need to know the rules about this sort of thing. We wouldn’t want to besmirch our reputation.

#a crop of highly inappropriate, but nevertheless hilarious, emojies follow

Poster B: Poster F, surely you are one of the 99.9% of people that just knew that this was a load of rubbish, right from the start?

#after a poignant but brief exchange in PM…..

Poster B: I apologise publicly and unreservedly, Poster F. If only I had known that you were one of the 0.01%, I would never have said that. Not in a million years. How could I have reasonably known that?

OP: Actually, I didn’t mean engine oil at all. Not like that, anyway. I meant like, when I’d been changing engine oil– I’m a motor mechanic, did I say? – and it’s time for breakfast, is it safe to put the old oil on old cereal boxes to soak up the spills.

#Posters B and F completely ignore this new twist from the OP and engage in a public slanging match

***This thread is now closed to further replies****

15 pages, and we still haven’t reached a consensus. Good work every one!

Raises hand and admits to being Poster B. Excellent impression of the whole gang. :)

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Haha 2