• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because someone gets offended by something does not mean it was posted to offend them.  

The picture that I posted above was taken from a friend's FB page.  She is an extremely devout christian (too much so, IMO), but apparently wasn't too uptight about her religion that she couldn't find the humor in the picture.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

So my daughter was small, maybe three or four years. She has always been incapable of using charm to get her way, preferring the full on attitude.....

Anyway, one day she did something, I don't now remember what, but it needed an apology....

Me "Say you're sorry"

Her...tightens lips

Me "Say you're sorry"

Her...tightens lips even more

Me, using harder tone..."say you're sorry"

Her..."Those words are not in my mouth"

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

STAR WAES is quite pervy in the right context.. 

and I quote:

Luke, at that speed do you think you'll be able to pull out in time?

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought.

Size matters not. Judge me by my size, do you?

Get in there, you big furry oaf! I don't care what you smell.

She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid!

Backdoor, huh? Good idea.

Let's blow this thing so we can go home!

Look at the size of that thing!

Negative! It didn't go in. It just impacted on the surface.

You've got something jammed in here real good.

There's an awful lot of moisture in here.

Pull out, Wedge! You can't do any more good back there!

Almost there... just a couple of seconds...

This may smell bad, kid, but it'll keep you warm.

I thought they smelled bad on the outside.

I look forward to completing your training. In time, you will call me "Master."

Sorry about the mess...

• Haha 8
8 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

That's hilarious!  But a lot of the links you're linking won't open for me, unless I remember to tell my PC to "open in a new tab".  And they look funny...the bottom half of the last line is cut off, like this...

image.thumb.png.474b60ebd2f4ab8e3747cca223272c21.png

Edited by Lindal Kidd
9 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

That's hilarious!  But a lot of the links you're linking won't open for me, unless I remember to tell my PC to "open in a new tab".  And they look funny...the bottom half of the last line is cut off, like this...

Don't ask me. I don't even have a twitter account so I dunno. It looks fine to me. You're the first one to say anything so I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem.

Have you tried refreshing the page? Here lately I've been having to do that once in a while because things didn't fully load. I need to run cleanup and defrag myself. It's been a while.

6 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:
9 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Don't ask me. I don't even have a twitter account so I dunno. It looks fine to me. You're the first one to say anything so I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem.

I see those posts the same way that Lindal does.  At first I thought it was because of work VPN, but I see them that way at home also. 

Possibly based on browser and/or browser add-ons and/or something to do with it being a tiny url rather than the true youtube url.   

I use Chrome most of the time and just right click to open in a new tab to see it.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I see those posts the same way that Lindal does.  At first I thought it was because of work VPN, but I see them that way at home also. 

Possibly based on browser and/or browser add-ons and/or something to do with it being a tiny url rather than the true youtube url.   

I use Chrome most of the time and just right click to open in a new tab to see it.

I don't use tiny urls. I copy/paste the link from the field at the top of the browser.  I don't have any addons either. This is Chrome. I've never used a VPN.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have noticed that websites that look fine in Edge are messed up in Chrome. I have no idea why that might be. I just live with it or use Edge. It wasn't always like that but it has been that way for several years now even with updates.

29 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I don't use tiny urls. I copy/paste the link from the field at the top of the browser.  I don't have any addons either. This is Chrome. I've never used a VPN.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have noticed that websites that look fine in Edge are messed up in Chrome. I have no idea why that might be. I just live with it or use Edge. It wasn't always like that but it has been that way for several years now even with updates.

yeah, they won't open at all using firefox, like I do. so now at least I have a work around and can copy it into chrome and see

24 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

yeah, they won't open at all using firefox, like I do. so now at least I have a work around and can copy it into chrome and see

After what those kids did to the old Skiffy forums using Firefox plugins... I won't ever install it again. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

After what those kids did to the old Skiffy forums using Firefox plugins... I won't ever install it again. 

I like to support open source platforms, I don't trust big corporations.  But I don't have your perspective, never having admin'd a public forum.

5 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I like to support open source platforms, I don't trust big corporations.  But I don't have your perspective, never having admin'd a public forum.

I tend to stay away from things that I know have been used for nefarious purposes and not the good nefarious kind of way that Maddy does.

They used the plugins to render the old SciFi forum unusable and unreadable. Like a bunch of 5 year olds they would attack the forum whenever they didn't get their way or got banned for trolling. If they couldn't post they made sure no one could.