Make Us Laugh!

6 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Someone messaged me through a group. I never saw their avatar. They wanted me to come watch them jerk off in their sim and pay for the privilege. Not sure if it's a funny story or not haha🤷‍♂️

How much did they offer to pay you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

It debuted at Siggraph in 1986.

My university used to have always-running footage of SIGGRAPH videos in one of the Student Union halls when I was there ('84-'89).  Some of the videos were terrifying, whether because of the avant-garde aspect or just otherworldly topics.

10 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Fun Fact: "Luxo Jr." was created by John Lasseter and Ed Catmull. It debuted at Siggraph in 1986. It was the first fully computer-generated animation film and was nominated for an Academy Award.

I was at Siggraph '86 with my parents. That's the kind of vacationing we did. We met Ed Catmull there.

I also set foot in both John Lasseter's and Steve Jobs' offices at Pixar 15 years or so ago. They were right next to each other and couldn't be more different.

Lasseter's office as so full of toys you couldn't set anything down in it. Jobs' office was so spartan you'd think nobody used it. Just a desk with an iMac and a chair for Steve and a little round table with another chair for guests. I think there was some kind of sculpture on the floor but I don't recall anything on the walls.

Two very different kinds of genius.

My favorite recollection of the Pixar Animation Studio is the little line drawings of various movie characters on the baseboards throughout the building. They were put there to entertain employee children who were brought to the studio while still navigating on all fours.

Watch the end credits of Pixar movies. There is always a "Production Babies" segment listing all the kids born to production staff during the making of the movie. I love that.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, SalvadorNL said:

😄👍

Thats the one i first saw, wasnt it the very first 'pixar' ?

but it might also have been this one

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/6100/I-Will-Survive-Alien-song-Animation-Pixar/

Luxo Jr. was the first short under the Pixar name, but not the first short done by the team. That would be The Adventures of André and Wally B...

Alien Song was the work of Victor Navone, not Pixar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

There is always a "Production Babies" segment listing all the kids born to production staff during the making of the movie

I've seen that title in the credits time after time, and always wondered what it was. I'd imagined it was some sort of internship position!

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Luxo Jr. was the first short under the Pixar name, but not the first short done by the team. That would be The Adventures of André and Wally B...

ah nice one, saw that one too

Alien Song was the work of Victor Navone, not Pixar.

i checked ,wiki said he works at pixar, i'm guessing he did that before joining them?