Revoke Animation Permissions - Griefed in Sandbox

AodhanDomhnall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello and fair tidings,

I have a friend who was AFK in a sandbox for some time. After they logged off and back on a few days later, they've discovered that they were griefed, and their avatar is now forced into an animation. This friend of mine is no longer at the sandbox, but has tried everything we can google. Undeformers, Revoke Animation Permissions, Reset Skeleton & Anims.. nothing is working. I have read that there is no possible way to fix this until the griefer resets the script, or cancels the attack, or something like that.

The question now is, what exactly can my friend do? Are they stuck like this forever, or is there something that can be done to fix the issue? This could not possibly be a permanent issue that has not been fixed since 2016. Another avatar works perfectly fine, but the primarily-used avatar is essentially broken beyond use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

-- Mephistopheles

7 answers to this question

does this happen only on a particular region or does it happen on every region ?

if it happens on every region then your friend is wearing the animation deformer script themself.  Sometimes people say they are not because they think they are not. Have your friend strip themselves of every attachment and check

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

this script might help

Thank you for the reply!

Unfortunately the friend in question is no longer online at the moment, but I have read through your forum topic and I've preemptively created the scripts in-world to try at the next available opportunity.

Thank you again, and I'll be sure to update on what the results were.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 3:03 AM, Mollymews said:

this script might help

Unfortunately the script did not help. HUD's won't work either, and my friend's body is still persistently deformed. We aren't sure what else to do, my friend has logged out for now. Do you have any other suggestions?

Just now, Mollymews said:

does this happen only on a particular region or does it happen on every region ?

if it happens on every region then your friend is wearing the animation deformer script themself.  Sometimes people say they are not because they think they are not. Have your friend strip themselves of every attachment and check

Yes, this persistently occurs in every region, including a no-script sandbox. My friend has gone through a few full outfit changes, so I originally excluded the possibility of anything still being attached. We also haven't tried disabling RLV.. although I am unsure if that would affect anything.

My friend has already given up and logged out for the day, but I will definitely try to convince them another attempt at the next available opportunity, and I'll post an update.

Thank you again for the reply, Molly.

2 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

to track this kind of problem done is always best to log in on the official Linden viewer and wear a Linden Starter avatar and work up from there

Ah okay, Firestorm has been used so far. If it makes any difference, deformity still occurred even on Lumiya too. I'll add that into the options to try at the next opportunity.. which hopefully will be soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.