Linden Wilderness Sims Gone? (Piranha, Leech, Tapir, etc..)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I see that some of the Linden Wilderness Sims are gone now, although they still remain in the Destination Guide. Leech, Tapir, Piranha, Gecko, Capybara, all not there anymore. 

Was there a notification or blog entry concerning the removal of these sims? If there was, I sure missed it! I've been going to the Wilderness sims a few times a year since they were created. I enjoyed the boats, the paths, some of features that worked, and the fishing. The quests ofc have been dead a long time. Yeah, I didn't live there, never saw many people there, but there are tons of Linden places of less quality or function that still remain (not gonna mention the Moonbase). 😜

I gotta say I am going to miss them. They were my favorite vacation destination. Or get away from everyone destination. *chuckle*

Edited by Markham Weatherwax

LL has been moving regions around a lot lately. I myself came across an LM and SLURL to a furniture and prefabs store which I knew for a fact still existed, but neither the LM nor the SLURL from the LM worked. 
Then my partner (who was at that region) sent me a new LM, and I compared SLURLS and they were (or seemed) the same. However, the regions had been moved from one place to another which for some reason made the old LM to no longer work. The new one worked fine.

However, try again tomorrow, it may be that you have been running in a similar phenomenon as I have.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

LL has been moving regions around a lot lately. I myself came across an LM and SLURL to a furniture and prefabs store which I knew for a fact still existed, but neither the LM nor the SLURL from the LM worked. 
Then my partner (who was at that region) sent me a new LM, and I compared SLURLS and they were (or seemed) the same. However, the regions had been moved from one place to another which for some reason made the old LM to no longer work. The new one worked fine.

However, try again tomorrow, it may be that you have been running in a similar phenomenon as I have.

Yes, I've seen that before too, but these are not showing up on the global map, can't find the sim name either if you search for it,  and the designation guide points to empty spaces on the grid map. If they moved a sim, sure, any existing LMs would no longer work, and the destination guide would need to be updated, but we should be able to find the sim name searching the global map even if it has been moved. 

I will check back again and keep searching for the sim name(s).  Some FYI from LL on this would be nice. 

4 minutes ago, Markham Weatherwax said:

Yes, I've seen that before too, but these are not showing up on the global map, can't find the sim name either if you search for it,  and the designation guide points to empty spaces on the grid map. If they moved a sim, sure, any existing LMs would no longer work, and the destination guide would need to be updated, but we should be able to find the sim name searching the global map even if it has been moved. 

I will check back again and keep searching for the sim name(s).  Some FYI from LL on this would be nice. 

I just took this pic in SL. It does seem to work.

59h25yo.png

Even TP'ed to Piranha
foeaR5g.jpg

So either it's still there, or it's back.

• Thanks 1

The best thing about these sims, really, was the names. I go visit them mainly once a year. I guess because "jungle" isn't what I want so much as "northwest". 

I've been going to these docks and rez areas and beaches not even so much around Bellissaria but the other continents. One problem with them is that when you take their landmarks, you are left with a generic name that doesn't help you remember what it was.

23 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

when you take their landmarks, you are left with a generic name that doesn't help you remember what it was.

Landmark names can be edited. A friend drops LMs on me when he finds somewhere he thinks I'd like and I always add a FROM GEORGE on the end so I can find it again :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Landmark names can be edited. A friend drops LMs on me when he finds somewhere he thinks I'd like and I always add a FROM GEORGE on the end so I can find it again :)

I have a LOT of LMs that have changed names, most of my lms actually have different names than they did when I got them. Some of my earliest say things like "bits and danglies editing", "those blue flower things", "big bug thingy", "that one room, with the painting", "stretchy place", "really cool trees", "box", "worm place", "Weird", "bubble", "giant *****show", "Idiot room"...you know, fun stuff that you're not likely to remember when you need to :D

I don't dare delete them, even though most no longer go anywhere at all, I'm a sentimental sod, sometimes. I can only tell you where some of those actually originally lead to, and a few of them actually went to the same region, just different spots, lol.  The first two went to a place I used to take people after field trips to xcite..for obvious reasons.  Big bug thingy was a giant bug..duh, but also on the sim with the first two just on the opposite end lol.  Dunno about room with the painting.  STretchy place was Dark Dharma's Haunted somethin, or somewhere along those lines, my spelling is prob. off, but there was something in the building that caused the stretch deform.  Dunno about cool trees. Box was my building box, a literal box, for about four years. Dunno on worm place. Weird was some random sim that just had all kinds of odd things on it, kinda strewn about, quite nonsensical but not always in a good way, it was like the grid just randomly tossed stuff there, it's hard to explain, lol, but I learned a lot about building from that weird place.  Bubble is that bubble ride. Giant *****show was a really messed up freebie place, lol. Idiot room I actually had a bunch of each with different numbers and lead to different problematic welcome areas (And places like welcome areas) around the grid..ie...idiots :D All but two were created in 2008

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Yeah I know. I've been in SL 16 years. Again, when you take these landmarks, they are generic and don't help you remember where they are. If you are flying around and taking landmarks, and not stopping to edit them. Now, why is this? It seems to me the Lindens could make them work better so that no one has to edit them. Yes, if you click on them, you go back to that place, but again, there is nothing to make it have a unique name like every other place in SL.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Yeah I know. I've been in SL 16 years. Again, when you take these landmarks, they are generic and don't help you remember where they are. If you are flying around and taking landmarks, and not stopping to edit them. Now, why is this? It seems to me the Lindens could make them work better so that no one has to edit them. Yes, if you click on them, you go back to that place, but again, there is nothing to make it have a unique name like every other place in SL.

The LM name comes from the parcel. The owner of the parcel gives it the name.

Are you complaining about this in general or because the Lindens didn't name things to your specifications in their parcels?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Yes, if you click on them, you go back to that place, but again, there is nothing to make it have a unique name like every other place in SL.

They are named after their parcel...just like every other place in SL. If you want it to be more unique than that, there still very much is something that can do this, it's called you. Stopping for a few seconds, at most, while flying to name a LM you know has the name of the parcel (because that's how LMs work) really isn't that difficult, nor time consuming. I do it all the time. I have huge groupings of LMs from specific sims, one sim in particular has at least 20 different LMs. It took me seconds, at most, to rename those LMs as I was wandering, flying, riding, walking, boating, and whatever else I was doing at the time. It's not a daunting task at all. 

I'm not understanding why this is a problem, those LMs function like every other LM in sl, regardless of who owns the parcel to which the LM leads. 

2 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Are you complaining about this in general or because the Lindens didn't name things to your specifications in their parcels?

No, it's not about naming anything to my specifications, that's silly. It's about hundreds of Linden locations having THE EXACT SAME NAME SO YOU CAN'T TELL THEM APART IN INVENTORY UNLESS YOU MANAGED TO RENAME THEM.

I think you and Tari Landar have never visited these Linden places so you can't understand what I'm talking about, but that's common.

Anyone who explores a lot in SL and enjoys the Linden places get this, but you don't because you don't.

It's a chore to have to re-name LMs especially when you deal with thousands of them constantly because you run rentals and a land preserve where they are constantly needed and updated and when you put them on servers to be issued every day. But that's not an experience you have, either, so never mind.

They don't function like every other LM.

Here's a good example. The label on the land parcel is "Coastal Waterway" -- like a zillion other Linden parcels. this one is actually an entire sim.

Here it is: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gilpatric/148/248/22

Yes, once you pull up the map after clicking on it, you see "oh, it's that one in Gilpatric". Er, what continent was that on again? There are 5000 sims and you can't always remember. Yes, you can use the continent locator.

Here's another nice location near the beach I first posted -- this is a nice dock. But if you click on it, it makes a landmark that is called....wait for it...Coastal Waterway.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gilpatric/14/218/25

Once you pull up the map, you see, yeah, it's in Gilpatrick, and yeah, it's not in the same location as the beach.

But in your inventory, with thousands of other landmarks, it's joining a collection called COASTAL WATERWAY of which there are jillions.

The dock isn't on its own parcel, although it could be, which might increase its use as people can get to it precisely easier -- if it has its own landing point and -- wait for it -- distinct name.  Lindens take the time to build these things, but they sit unused often. Taking the time to parcel them and name them distinctly, even "Gilpatric Dock on Coastal Waterway" just makes it easier to find again in inventory and share around, "Here's this great Linden dock I found".

It's hard to share a thing that says "Coastal Waterway" that joins a zillion other "Coastal Waterways" in inventory.

The Lindens are really brilliant at naming, very creative. But on these areas, they just didn't take the time. And while I realize they are busy, I'm suggesting that WHEN they can find time to 1) name distinctly 2) parcel 3) create separate landings which really only takes a few seconds they will see more usage because people can identify it readily without clicking on dozens of landmarks in their inventory, all of which say the same thing.

If you think it's just a problem of these particular sims I stumbled across, no, it's not.

Here's another one.

And another one

And another one

And another one

All of them, all over the grid -- and I could give you scads more -- all have the label COASTAL WATERWAY in my inventory. If you're having trouble grasping that they all have the same name because when you click on the forums, they show a SLURL with numbers and a sim name, go there, make yourself a landmark, and see how it looks in your inventory which is...wait for it...COASTAL WATERWAY.

Yeah, some of them I re-labelled on the fly because that's easy enough to do and I'm not stupid. But now I have an LM that says "Skradski". What is Skradski again? Skradski actually isn't a "coastal waterway" per se, and not a beach and not a dock. It's a little island with a castle on it which is pretty cool. 

So while I could name it "Pretty cool little Linden island with castle on it," quite frankly, so could the Moles as they build them. They will get this, even if you won't, so that's why once again, on the forums, I walk around the robots.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I think you and Tari Landar have never visited these Linden places so you can't understand what I'm talking about, but that's common.

Anyone who explores a lot in SL and enjoys the Linden places get this, but you don't because you don't.

It's a chore to have to re-name LMs especially when you deal with thousands of them constantly because you run rentals and a land preserve where they are constantly needed and updated and when you put them on servers to be issued every day. But that's not an experience you have, either, so never mind.

Good morning Prok, did you have a pleasant time slating and slandering us for taking part in the conversation? I hope you did :)

Anyway, I don't run rentals or a land preserve or a server. You're right on that. But I do sometimes make things to travel about on and include a notecard with some of my favourite scenic Linden locations and nearby rez areas (always Linden because they're stable and reliable). I have more annotated LMs for good places to take snaps to make the vendor images from. It's never been a big deal to me to amend an LM after I take it. It's just part of taking an LM 🤷‍♀️. I notice if it's sufficient or if more is needed and if more is needed, I add something. Do it with shops, places I come across on my travels, friends' places, wherever I think I might want to go back to.

When we were new, friends and I would explore endlessly. We'd spend days doing it and getting lost was part of the fun. We weren't in the mindset to document it all with countless LMs though, only enough to get us back to certain places and general areas. That we don't have your habits doesn't mean we don't enjoy Linden places. Why do you assume we don't simply because we don't share your particular habits?

May I be allowed to wonder how many are similar to me, my friends, Tari and how many might be like you? I suspect there's very few who process and update LMs in their thousands on a regular basis, and even fewer who do it without bots.

Anyway, wishing you a lovely day. All the best :) 

On 3/30/2020 at 7:32 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

No, it's not about naming anything to my specifications, that's silly. It's about hundreds of Linden locations having THE EXACT SAME NAME SO YOU CAN'T TELL THEM APART IN INVENTORY UNLESS YOU MANAGED TO RENAME THEM..........

I'd been collecting landmarks for interesting places for years before I realized I should rename them to avoid duplication and confusion - now I (try to) start with the region name, some description, then the 'official' landmark' name.

Same goes for naming things as you build - keeps you from having an inventory full of "Object"s.

I'm glad the jungle regions are back. I have fond memories of doing the first quests. I don't need a lot of high-definition scenary to be happy - sometimes you have to use your imagination* - and the Pioneer Moles had wonderful creativity, imagination, and great senses of humor**

*why I still play Minecraft sometimes

**not that the current Moles aren't creative, imaginative, and funny***, but they have more pixels to play with.

***which reminds me about the original topic - I swear I saw a region on the map last week named "We Are All Doomed", but now I can't find it.

9 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Good morning Prok, did you have a pleasant time slating and slandering us for taking part in the conversation? I hope you did :)

Anyway, I don't run rentals or a land preserve or a server. You're right on that. But I do sometimes make things to travel about on and include a notecard with some of my favourite scenic Linden locations and nearby rez areas (always Linden because they're stable and reliable). I have more annotated LMs for good places to take snaps to make the vendor images from. It's never been a big deal to me to amend an LM after I take it. It's just part of taking an LM 🤷‍♀️. I notice if it's sufficient or if more is needed and if more is needed, I add something. Do it with shops, places I come across on my travels, friends' places, wherever I think I might want to go back to.

When we were new, friends and I would explore endlessly. We'd spend days doing it and getting lost was part of the fun. We weren't in the mindset to document it all with countless LMs though, only enough to get us back to certain places and general areas. That we don't have your habits doesn't mean we don't enjoy Linden places. Why do you assume we don't simply because we don't share your particular habits?

May I be allowed to wonder how many are similar to me, my friends, Tari and how many might be like you? I suspect there's very few who process and update LMs in their thousands on a regular basis, and even fewer who do it without bots.

Anyway, wishing you a lovely day. All the best :) 

I stand by everything I've written here because it's true. And I'll repaste what I said because it's true, again:

1. I surmised -- "I think" that you must NOT have have visited these places. Because you denied that this was an issue -- and still do. And I have to conclude that no, you still have not visited the Coastal Waterway issues because you are still huffing and puffing.

2. Those who explore the *Linden* places as distinct from any other place of which there are zillions knows this is a frustration especially when sharing something. I encountered this in my Mainland Appreciation Group with me and others having a bunch of "Coastal Waterways" and not knowing what they hooked up to FROM INVENTORY until we tested on the map - one more chore.

3. I'll say it again: you must not go to Linden docks which are nothing special with no markings, and get COASTAL WATERWAY and get frustrated. I have no doubt that your inventory does not contain COASTAL WATERWAY now -- and you'd admit that if you were writing in good faith here -- and it's not because you went and re-named them on the fly.

Nothing you've said or Tari said proves that you go to these places because if you did, you'd at least get the problem -- and you don't.

When people response to a statement of fact with "You are slandering me," I can often conclude that they understood something is true, but can't admit it.

Re: "But I do sometimes make things to travel about on and include a notecard with some of my favourite scenic Linden locations and nearby rez areas (always Linden because they're stable and reliable

No doubt these aren't COASTAL WATERWAY as you would have had this problem so many times you would have joined me in asking the Lindens to fix this. Old Linden places do have labels. These new ones do NOT. If you have these in a giver at your store, great, but they may not have Coastal -- and I bet you do NOT have them. Because if you DID, by now, customers would be saying , "Hey, these things are all named the same."

Another thing I can understand about it is that instead of serving the public, serving people and preventing their confusion, it's more important to you to rage about being "slandered". (By the way, "libel" is the correct legal term for *written* speech).

These Linden areas are all named the same which means landmarking them is pointless and cuts down on their visits and sharing. 

It's hard to keep re-naming lots of landmarks as you fly around and it's easier for the Lindens to give unique names to parcels they make as they parcel them. After all, they want use of their free places.

It's not a big deal for anybody to rename a landmark BUT THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE TO. Many people landmarking these nice places DO NOT REALIZE THEY ARE ALL NAMED EXACTLY THE SAME and will have trouble sorting them and returning them and - yes, renaming them.

I guess you don't have that many customers so you don't think first of what is a problem for YOUR CUSTOMERS, then a problem for you as the manager of a small boutique business. I do.

If you log in and travel, that's great, but since so many of the mainly anonymous and unaccountable people on these forums do NOT, and make avatars with zero activity to post on the forums, it's a safe assumption.

Most people who are ordinary and not on the forums and not special and not in with the Moles find it difficult to do this. Some don't even know you *can* do this. Some can't make landmarks. You are not thinking of this because you don't deal with the masses; you deal with a small sub-sett of the SL population who buy old mosaics for their walls. bTW that includes me, who has a) bought your products for years b) won a design contest in your house, giving you enormous amounts of publicity.

It's easier to keep sniping and raging and imagining that things you do are the norm though, isn't it?

Well, don't. 

PPS I stopped by your store. I didn't see any landmark givers of interesting places to explore, but that's ok, it's not required, people can just be hobbyists and just collect places and sometimes share them. Let's recall how you greeted my point about this problem:

Landmark names can be edited. A friend drops LMs on me when he finds somewhere he thinks I'd like and I always add a FROM GEORGE on the end so I can find it again :)

So before you rant and rage some more about "slander," consider that your nasty, vicious, stupid, vitriolic comments to me about things that we both know I know and are obvious -- and aren't the point -- just to be "clever" -- they get a pushback from me. You then focus on that pushback and not your behaviour as if you are flying around in a white robe like one of your art pieces.

PPPS I considered buying the Pompei Bouillabase which is nice but I knew you had copied it from the Internet -- it's in the public domain after all -- and I could pay $10 and upload it -- after lightening it in Paint -- rather than $225. I do buy public domain from people even for that much. It's a skill to get it framed and lighted properly and looking good in SL and I value that. But sometimes my own $10 upload will do.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rufferta said:

I'd been collecting landmarks for interesting places for years before I realized I should rename them to avoid duplication and confusion - now I (try to) start with the region name, some description, then the 'official' landmark' name.

Same goes for naming things as you build - keeps you from having an inventory full of "Object"s.

I'm glad the jungle regions are back. I have fond memories of doing the first quests. I don't need a lot of high-definition scenary to be happy - sometimes you have to use your imagination* - and the Pioneer Moles had wonderful creativity, imagination, and great senses of humor**

*why I still play Minecraft sometimes

**not that the current Moles aren't creative, imaginative, and funny***, but they have more pixels to play with.

***which reminds me about the original topic - I swear I saw a region on the map last week named "We Are All Doomed", but now I can't find it.

You're a good use case to prove my point. You do an enormous amount of exploring as I know from chatting with you as you have come to my land preserve areas.

If you didn't realize you have to rename them, how much more the average schmo who is just flying around trying to enjoy SL.

I am very savvy about making and renaming land-marks, because I run 3-4 servers with interesting places I update constantly with landmarks I sometimes rename because the Lindens named them all the same in the Coastal Areas and because people rename things or re-parcel. It's not a problem for me to do this.

But I recognize IT IS A PROBLEM THAT THE LINDENS CAN FIX EASILY AND NOT MAKE ANNOYANCE FOR OTHERS. More to the point, fix and get A LOT MORE USE OF THEIR LAND.

That there are two forums regulars who regularly snipe and hate on me who can't grasp this, and have to rant and rage about how it is easy to do, or I should do it or else I'm a moron, is never surprising. As I said, Lindens, even Lindens who might close this thread, are so much better than forums regs who behave like this. They get it. They will rename their parcels -- watch them.

Yes I saw that region too. Was that Linden? Well, whatever. Let's hope not.

The Lindens can easily ensure that THOUSANDS of their special locations ARE NOT ALL NAMED EXACTLY THE SAME, COASTAL WATERWAY. They may not have reflected on this. They make the places, then go to the next and don't worry about how to get use out of them; how to share them. They may figure if it says the sim name when you click and use "show on map," that's enough.

But the average clueless SL travelers, casual or experience, doesn't first check the map. they just go. They make a landmark. And now have a mess. The end.

• Haha 1

I haven't been greatly troubled by the problem as Prok describes it...but I HAVE been mightily annoyed sometimes with the discrepancy between a parcel name and the land description as shown in the location info bars shown at the top of the viewer interface.

I agree that some better and more consistent method of landmark naming would be useful.

• Like 3

On 3/31/2020 at 6:28 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

I stand by everything I've written here because it's true. And I'll repaste what I said because it's true, again:

Another thing I can understand about it is that instead of serving the public, serving people and preventing their confusion, it's more important to you to rage about being "slandered". (By the way, "libel" is the correct legal term for *written* speech).

These Linden areas are all named the same which means landmarking them is pointless and cuts down on their visits and sharing. 

It's hard to keep re-naming lots of landmarks as you fly around and it's easier for the Lindens to give unique names to parcels they make as they parcel them. After all, they want use of their free places.

It's not a big deal for anybody to rename a landmark BUT THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE TO. Many people landmarking these nice places DO NOT REALIZE THEY ARE ALL NAMED EXACTLY THE SAME and will have trouble sorting them and returning them and - yes, renaming them.

I guess you don't have that many customers so you don't think first of what is a problem for YOUR CUSTOMERS, then a problem for you as the manager of a small boutique business. I do.

If you log in and travel, that's great, but since so many of the mainly anonymous and unaccountable people on these forums do NOT, and make avatars with zero activity to post on the forums, it's a safe assumption.

Most people who are ordinary and not on the forums and not special and not in with the Moles find it difficult to do this. Some don't even know you *can* do this. Some can't make landmarks. You are not thinking of this because you don't deal with the masses; you deal with a small sub-sett of the SL population who buy old mosaics for their walls. bTW that includes me, who has a) bought your products for years b) won a design contest in your house, giving you enormous amounts of publicity.

It's easier to keep sniping and raging and imagining that things you do are the norm though, isn't it?

Well, don't. 

PPS I stopped by your store. I didn't see any landmark givers of interesting places to explore, but that's ok, it's not required, people can just be hobbyists and just collect places and sometimes share them. Let's recall how you greeted my point about this problem:

So before you rant and rage some more about "slander," consider that your nasty, vicious, stupid, vitriolic comments to me about things that we both know I know and are obvious -- and aren't the point -- just to be "clever" -- they get a pushback from me. You then focus on that pushback and not your behaviour as if you are flying around in a white robe like one of your art pieces.

PPPS I considered buying the Pompei Bouillabase which is nice but I knew you had copied it from the Internet -- it's in the public domain after all -- and I could pay $10 and upload it -- after lightening it in Paint -- rather than $225. I do buy public domain from people even for that much. It's a skill to get it framed and lighted properly and looking good in SL and I value that. But sometimes my own $10 upload will do.

The public domain version has a massive slash across the centre. I spent three weeks working on the digital "restoration" of it and that's what I'm selling. It's a tremendous piece and I was determined to "repair" the damage, no matter how long or how many new techniques I had to develop. Price is higher as a nod (it's what, 70 cents) to the amount of skill and work which went into the repair and serious history buffs and art collectors are fine with that; they know the original so they're able to appreciate what I've accomplished. There are many cheaper items for those who are budget-conscious or just want something historic to put on the wall.

It's a curious quirk of this work that the more successful I am with a restoration, the harder it is to spot. But now that it's been pointed out to you, if you like you can always take a closer look and compare it to the original. That piece is probably my best work and I'm damn proud of it. The Ulysses and the Sirens mosaic in the other room is another good one for seeing what I can do (lower right corner was "rebuilt" through layering). I didn't name my shop Restorations for no reason :D

As for the rest, I never claimed to have landmark givers. I said that I include notecards with landmarks with some things I make. See the difference? I acknowledged that quantity of LM matters. Did you miss that? I wasn't "sniping or raging". If that's the tone you read my words in, it came from you, not from me. Look at the words I used to end my post - "Have a lovely day, all the best". They were sincere. I still wish you well, despite everything you've tried to throw at me here.

All the best, Prok. Be well.

13 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

The public domain version has a massive slash across the centre. I spent three weeks working on the digital "restoration" of it and that's what I'm selling. It's a tremendous piece and I was determined to "repair" the damage, no matter how long or how many new techniques I had to develop. Price is higher as a nod (it's what, 70 cents) to the amount of skill and work which went into the repair and serious history buffs and art collectors are fine with that; they know the original so they're able to appreciate what I've accomplished. There are many cheaper items for those who are budget-conscious or just want something historic to put on the wall.

It's a curious quirk of this work that the more successful I am with a restoration, the harder it is to spot. But now that it's been pointed out to you, if you like you can always take a closer look and compare it to the original. That piece is probably my best work and I'm damn proud of it. The Ulysses and the Sirens mosaic in the other room is another good one for seeing what I can do (lower right corner was "rebuilt" through layering). I didn't name my shop Restorations for no reason :D

As for the rest, I never claimed to have landmark givers. I said that I include notecards with landmarks with some things I make. See the difference? I acknowledged that quantity of LM matters. Did you miss that? I wasn't "sniping or raging". If that's the tone you read my words in, it came from you, not from me. Look at the words I used to end my post - "Have a lovely day, all the best". They were sincere. I still wish you well, despite everything you've tried to throw at me here.

1457989235_pompeii.sea_life_mosaic(1).jpg.fbf0dc3cc6e5a525b609922acfe3a509.jpg

As I said, " I do buy public domain from people even for that much. It's a skill to get it framed and lighted properly and looking good in SL and I value that. But sometimes my own $10 upload will do."

I don't see that there is any "massive slash" across this item other than it is old and has those kinds of lines in it -- sometimes you destroy the nature of an artwork by "repairing" it. This version of it which I found and uploaded for $10 is perfectly fine for anybody who wants to save $225, and I do. Of course everybody's Google is different, maybe you didn't find it.

I pointed out that your store doesn't have landmark givers for anyone confused or curious about this. So the few notecards you passed out to your friends don't count, and um, yeah, I can tell the difference.

When someone like you who has heckled me for years in the forums says "Have a nice day," I know how to read it. 

Once again, let's remember what this is about:

1) Concern that nice areas the Lindens made disappeared for some reason -- but they didn't

2) Appreciation of the Linden areas but exasperation that THEY ARE ALL NAMED EXACTLY THE SAME

3) The suggestion that if the Lindens would rename these on the fly as they are doing them especially to make them more memorable with terms like "castle" or "docks" they would get more use, more sharing, and more appreciation

4) The absolutely insane, inexplicable resistance this simple, normal notion gets from people who are Linden fanboyz even beyond the Lindens own take on themselves, and who will rage and rant for days against anything I say, even something obvious which others agree about.

No one should have to rename thousands of places named "Coastal Waterway" when Lindens could not only name them at the get-go -- a bright intern could be sent out to finish this in a day and forever leave their mark on SL with all kinds of fun names. Who wouldn't find that a resume-builder.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

When someone like you who has heckled me for years in the forums says "Have a nice day," I know how to read it.

You're wrong again, Prok. I've never heckled you. It's just not something I would do. I told you I was sincere in wishing you well.

I still do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

You're wrong again, Prok. I've never heckled you. It's just not something I would do. I told you I was sincere in wishing you well.

I still do.

A person who keeps virtue-signalling and keeps arguing against an obvious point that really required no comment at all is not someone who is "not heckling" nor someone wishing me well. Wishing someone well happens when you don't answer an obvious and doable suggestion with vicious and nasty replies. I don't expect people to become able to see themselves, but now might be a good time to start. Bye!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

A person who keeps virtue-signalling and keeps arguing against an obvious point that really required no comment at all is not someone who is "not heckling" nor someone wishing me well. Wishing someone well happens when you don't answer an obvious and doable suggestion with vicious and nasty replies. I don't expect people to become able to see themselves, but now might be a good time to start. Bye!

You are literally taking offense and attacking someone FOR WISHING YOU WELL.

I haven't been vicious or nasty. You're the one who does that, Prok. Amongst everything else, you derailed your own thread to have a go at me over the price of something in my shop. The price of something in my shop. Why? Were you hoping to somehow discredit me? Make me feel bad because I lost a sale for something I don't sell?

When you've asserted incorrect things about me, I've attempted to explain and set the record straight in hopes that you might better understand me. Which is what I'm doing here. That's not virtue signalling, it's trying to improve communication between two people. Do you not think improving mutual understanding is a good thing? It does seem to be very important to you that you are understood on your own terms. Can you not extend that to others?

I'd also like you to understand that I mean you no ill will. I genuinely wish you well. Can you set aside the narrative you've invented long enough to take this in?

If you're not interested in conversation, why are you posting in a public discussion forum? I'm asking this sincerely because I'd like to understand why you do this.

Edited by Bitsy Buccaneer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.