Log House Dimensions?

Kelli Voom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This may be silly, or may already exist someplace and I overlooked it - but is there any way to figure out the interior dimensions of the log homes prior to their release, short of eyeballing the preview houses?  I'd love to head to a sandbox and start thinking about room layout and how furniture might fit.  But the homes are so unique in their shapes, and the way the ceiling angles are.

Does anyone know if this exists?  or should I be trekkin' over to the Linden Homes Reveal region and get silly with poses and measuring tape?

Wear a prim on avatar center, texture it with this:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Basic-Builders-Grid-Decimeter-Scaled-Inverted-Grayscale/18775232

- That's free, open source, and you can give it out to anyone you want. The description has a link to another similar texture in different colors that is also free, open source, and redistributable.

Walk into one of the homes, edit the prim to stretch the portions you want to measure. Change the texture style to 'planar' and the repeats to "0.1" on horizontal and vertical.

- You're now wearing a ruler.

Measure stuff

Here I am doing that in the Victorians back before they came out:

LindenHomeCamPerspective_005.thumb.jpg.3c947925deeb1777ede79b69f9270f31.jpg

In one of the log cabins:

eb445d6d6185f93d19b0652403441a73.thumb.jpg.423cbf6059bae02f1d916030cedf334d.jpg

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Kelli Voom said:

This may be silly, or may already exist someplace and I overlooked it - but is there any way to figure out the interior dimensions of the log homes prior to their release, short of eyeballing the preview houses?  I'd love to head to a sandbox and start thinking about room layout and how furniture might fit.  But the homes are so unique in their shapes, and the way the ceiling angles are.

Does anyone know if this exists?  or should I be trekkin' over to the Linden Homes Reveal region and get silly with poses and measuring tape?

If the reveal region is still there and you can get to it, Pussycat's method is the easiest, in my view.  That is the way I've done it for quick measurements, which usually work fine for room layout planning.  For accuracy though, I've always used an inworld measuring system that gives me the sizes down to 4 or 5 decimal digits.  That way can sometimes be a bit more difficult when you can't rez items, depending on exactly which measuring tool you use.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.