Not receiving items into my inventory

starlingfeather

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For the past week or so, I have not been receiving items into my inventory. For example, I have won several Midnight Mania items and the notification is at the top of my screen that allows me to select "keep" or "discard". I always select keep and it says "[Whoever] gave you [whatever]" but the item is never in my inventory in any folder. I also purchased an outfit with a gift card and did not receive that either even though it took my money from the gift card. I have tried clearing my cache and looking for answers online but I can't find anything. Does anyone know what is causing this and what I can do to fix it?

10 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, starlingfeather said:

For the past week or so, I have not been receiving items into my inventory. For example, I have won several Midnight Mania items and the notification is at the top of my screen that allows me to select "keep" or "discard". I always select keep and it says "[Whoever] gave you [whatever]" but the item is never in my inventory in any folder. I also purchased an outfit with a gift card and did not receive that either even though it took my money from the gift card. I have tried clearing my cache and looking for answers online but I can't find anything. Does anyone know what is causing this and what I can do to fix it?

most new  items come into the received items folder, or packed in the objects folder. Did you check those?

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Regardless of which viewer you use, read this article and follow the steps in there to see if that clears up the issue:

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory

Thank you, but none of that fixed it. I think my problem is that I can't get folders from people but can get individual objects and it says on that page that it might be because of inventory corruption. I submitted a ticket, so I guess I will have to wait for someone to get back to me.

19 minutes ago, starlingfeather said:

Thank you, but none of that fixed it. I think my problem is that I can't get folders from people but can get individual objects and it says on that page that it might be because of inventory corruption. I submitted a ticket, so I guess I will have to wait for someone to get back to me.

Midnight Mania items will always be delivered as a single object - so apparently you are having issues receiving at least some objects.

How things arrive that were purchased with a gift card - folder or object - will be determined by the vendor that the purchase ultimately comes from.

When you say that none of the steps in that article fixed it, did you check with a different viewer than what you normally use?

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Midnight Mania items will always be delivered as a single object - so apparently you are having issues receiving at least some objects.

How things arrive that were purchased with a gift card - folder or object - will be determined by the vendor that the purchase ultimately comes from.

When you say that none of the steps in that article fixed it, did you check with a different viewer than what you normally use?

Oh, I see. So maybe it's not that. I'm so confused. I was playing on the SL Viewer but now I have installed the Firestorm one so I'm not sure if it will still do it. I'll have to wait until I receive some sort of item because I don't want to spend money and then not receive what I paid for.  That, however, did not make the items I was supposed to have received already appear in my inventory though. I was hoping they would be there.

14 minutes ago, starlingfeather said:

Oh, I see. So maybe it's not that. I'm so confused. I was playing on the SL Viewer but now I have installed the Firestorm one so I'm not sure if it will still do it. I'll have to wait until I receive some sort of item because I don't want to spend money and then not receive what I paid for.  That, however, did not make the items I was supposed to have received already appear in my inventory though. I was hoping they would be there.

If you store your chat logs, go back to the chat log for the day that you were supposed to get the Midnight Mania items and see if your chat logs shows that the objects were given to you.  Ditto for the item you bought with the gift card.  If the chat log shows that the items were offered, you can then reference that info in your Support ticket.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you store your chat logs, go back to the chat log for the day that you were supposed to get the Midnight Mania items and see if your chat logs shows that the objects were given to you.  Ditto for the item you bought with the gift card.  If the chat log shows that the items were offered, you can then reference that info in your Support ticket.

My chat logs are empty. But I signed into Firestorm this morning and had a Midnight Mania item waiting for me. I accepted it and it actually showed up in my inventory afterward! I'm so glad. I guess I'll just play on Firestorm from now on. I still wish I could get my other items back though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.