Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I am from 24 years old , indian in RL.I am very lonely in RL.I go to work early morning and came back at late night from Monday to Saturday.So, i have no time to meet people and no one even care whether i am alive or not.I wish to get some friends here in SL.But, no one is ready even to reply to my messages.What should i do?I wish to find my RL soulmate also from SL.

Expecting your opinions?

Edited by LonelyHonest
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @LonelyHonest!  I'm sorry you are feeling lonely.  It's not hard to make friends in SL.  There are several threads here in the Forums that discuss things you can do, for example in this forum:  https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/317-lifestyles-and-relationships/

But I would like to add a warning:

Second Life is not a good place to find your soulmate.  Yes, it has happened.  But much, much more often, your heart will be broken when you find out the person you thought was your soulmate does not really feel the same way, they were only pretending.

And I would also point out that if you have time to log in to Second Life, you also have time to go out into the Real World and meet real people.  Although that may feel difficult, it is a much better way to find your soulmate than looking on the internet.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

And I would also point out that if you have time to log in to Second Life, you also have time to go out into the Real World and meet real people.  Although that may feel difficult, it is a much better way to find your soulmate than looking on the internet.

That is probably not a good idea, or even possible, at this time.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

That is probably not a good idea, or even possible, at this time.

doesn't take away the fact that SL isn't a dating site, a rl dating chat or friends chat, would give a hundred, or more times larger chance to find somebody true. The handfull success relations you hear about here are nothign compared to the thousends hurted and damaged ends in SL.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

doesn't take away the fact that SL isn't a dating site, a rl dating chat or friends chat, would give a hundred, or more times larger chance to find somebody true. The handfull success relations you hear about here are nothign compared to the thousends hurted and damaged ends in SL.

I agree with you entirely, but advising someone to go out and meet people in RL under the current circumstances is not wise.  SL is a fun way to spend time if @LonelyHonest doesn't have anything else to do, but she would be best off putting her search for a soulmate on hold until the world gets back to normal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon if you check out places in sl that are mentioned in the Destinations Guide, you'll find people there, maybe some who might even share yoir interests.

Also, this thread has some advice for a situation similar to your's.

Good luck 🙂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

I reckon if you check out places in sl that are mentioned in the Destinations Guide, you'll find people there, maybe some who might even share yoir interests.

Just be prepared for at least half the places to be dead and gone, if you mean the one on the SL website. The inworld Destination thing mostly works, and at least tells you where there are actual people, though they may be spread across the whole sim if it is something other than an actual gathering place like a club.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

That is probably not a good idea, or even possible, at this time.

An excellent point, Matty.  My advice applies in normal times, but not just now.

I still wouldn't waste time and emotional capital looking for a soulmate in SL, though.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 258 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...