Your New Linden home awaits you....yeah right!!!

Duladan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Decided to update to one of the new Linden homes based on the SL web page for them that popped up when I logged into the website today. Seemed like perfect timing...It notes that if you are an existing premium member "click here" to start enjoying your exciting new home...lol.

Like an idiot, I fell for it and followed all the rules.......pick up ya stuff...abandon land....THEN register for new land.........now wait for it.................

The only choices are the same old tired desires from TEN YEARS AGO!

Now that I've read more....apparently demand has seriously outstripped supply........and it could be MONTHS before new premium homes are made available. NO PROBLEM......BUT............go to the relevant web pages and BLOCK the "click here" button for a product that is NOT AVAILABLE.

Pretty disappointed with Linden Labs at the moment....I expected better from them.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Duladan said:

Decided to update to one of the new Linden homes based on the SL web page for them that popped up when I logged into the website today. Seemed like perfect timing...It notes that if you are an existing premium member "click here" to start enjoying your exciting new home...lol.

Like an idiot, I fell for it and followed all the rules.......pick up ya stuff...abandon land....THEN register for new land.........now wait for it.................

Now that I've read more....apparently demand has seriously outstripped supply........and it could be MONTHS before new premium homes are made available. NO PROBLEM......BUT............go to the relevant web pages and BLOCK the "click here" button for a product that is NOT AVAILABLE.

Pretty disappointed with Linden Labs at the moment....I expected better from them.

You need to have a little patience it's the weekend, and many more people around the world are stuck at home due to the virus. We've all had to wait at some point. There are also threads on here to help you😊

• Like 7

It's not actually false advertising.  Regions of new homes are released periodically through the week and there is a brand new release in the very near future of a new theme (Log Homes).  Meanwhile, abandoned homes of all types regularly show up on the Land Page - just keep clicking. 

See this thread for info:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It won't be months.

The new Log homes are due in a week or so. And there are still new areas being released on a weekly basis of all types.

Abandons ofTraditonals, Victorians, Houseboats and Trailers happen all the time. Some days are busier than others for people letting go of properties they own. Weekends tend to be slower. You just have to keep trying. I just saw a houseboat on the page a few minutes ago in fact.

• Like 5

Note that the new Log Homes are anticipated to be a single release of at least several hundred homes on one day, probably followed a week or so later by another large release.

You can see all 4 Log Home models by visiting the "Linden Reveal" region within the next couple days.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Duladan said:

Thousands, if not tens of thousands have shiny new second generation Linden Homes. Sometimes you have to ask yourself, why am I always the last to find out things? Read the forum, read all of the forums.... and ready yourself for the next theme.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 93YearOld said:

You need to have a little patience it's the weekend, and many more people around the world are stuck at home due to the virus. We've all had to wait at some point. There are also threads on here to help you😊

Oh please...give take Corana platitudes a break....my point was that the button should be BLOCKED when the homes aren't currently available and they aren't....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Duladan said:

Oh please...give take Corana platitudes a break....my point was that the button should be BLOCKED when the homes aren't currently available and they aren't....

I was only trying to help, and it is Corona.

There is no need to be rude either, go take a chill pill.

• Like 11

In a few weeks when the log homes come out, there will be houses up constantly. When the Victorians were released they took something like six days to have the new homes finally disappear from the home page.

Blocking the button would make no difference, and some people do still take(and like) the old homes.

We all play or have played the game of patience. You will simply have to as well. Keep trying.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Duladan said:

The buttons do not show if a particular theme home is currently not available....you have to refresh the page and or check for changes. Stuff becomes available all the time, it's just that people are grabbing them faster than TP.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 93YearOld said:

I never said or indicated any impatience.  It was simply frustration with being sent web content that interested me....i responded...used the stated process...but had to GIVE UP my existing home prior to registering for a new one and THEN find out none were available.  So 1) LL should not send or direct people to content that isn't available at the time they send it and 2) the very smart programmers at LL could simply have the button ..when you click it....indicate "check back later....no new ones are available now but they are comin'".............I could simply have stayed in my existing home....and waited patiently!!

Just now, Duladan said:

I never said or indicated any impatience.  It was simply frustration with being sent web content that interested me....i responded...used the stated process...but had to GIVE UP my existing home prior to registering for a new one and THEN find out none were available.  So 1) LL should not send or direct people to content that isn't available at the time they send it and 2) the very smart programmers at LL could simply have the button ..when you click it....indicate "check back later....no new ones are available now but they are comin'".............I could simply have stayed in my existing home....and waited patiently!!

I understand your frustration. Those of us who can, for various RL reasons, have time to sit and click more often. When you run out of your 10 clicks in 10 minutes, log out of the dashboard, log back in and click again. It can almost become a habit to click, click, click... refresh ~ welcome to the Game of Homes group 😉

At the end of the day though, we are here to help each other out, even if we've had a bad day ☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

I got THREE Victorians I am gonna drop fast, you got your page up and ready to refresh!?

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mountebank/156/136/0

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fairfax/168/156/0

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Effing Parade/148/156/0

I got one more to add its on  Reston Laurels right on the water

I will give it a few for you to get ready

Edited by Faydra Foden
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Faydra Foden said:

I got THREE Victorians I am gonna drop fast, you got your page up and ready to refresh!?

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mountebank/156/136/0

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fairfax/168/156/0

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Effing Parade/148/156/0

I will give it a few for you to get ready

Doesn't click and hopes @Duladan gets a house!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Duladan said:

No need to take an attitude with anyone here, since none of us work for LL. For that matter, your impatience is unfounded anyway, because I see "new" Linden homes available on the land page many times per day, every single day. 

Instead of ranting, try again. The best way to get a home is to keep trying. 

ETA: In fact, in the "When did you last see..." thread, people were posting that they were seeing new homes pop up on the land page at the same time I was writing this post. So there ya go. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.