The Self Care Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 5/20/2020 at 9:06 PM, Strawberry Linden said:

My Linden Bear is very newby and primmy because I can't build at all. Feel free to IM me for one, as long as you promise not to make fun of me for it. 🙃

My self care yesterday was something I've never really done before in SL -- seeking out as many Linden bears as I could find (thanks to a couple old blog posts)! I know the bears aren't really popular anymore ... but it was oddly therapeutic to visit some of the older parts of SL. I wish I'd been around when that pony was available though 🙂

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Claire Atheria said:

My self care yesterday was something I've never really done before in SL -- seeking out as many Linden bears as I could find (thanks to a couple old blog posts)! I know the bears aren't really popular anymore ... but it was oddly therapeutic to visit some of the older parts of SL. I wish I'd been around when that pony was available though 🙂

Oh you have reminded me that I picked up a folder full of notecards from SL Birthday with stories and landmarks to where bears can be found. I need to go exploring; it  DOES sound therapeutic! (I love the older SL regions.)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Oh you have reminded me that I picked up a folder full of notecards from SL Birthday with stories and landmarks to where bears can be found. I need to go exploring; it  DOES sound therapeutic! (I love the older SL regions.)

Ooh would you mind sharing the notecard w/ me (if it's transferable)?

I am revisiting several hobbies and topics within hobbies that I just didn’t do much anymore for a variety of reasons...and lo and behold, one area is holding a competition so I’m entering! I collect resin ball jointed dolls and have had fun customizing some in the past, painting them, making costumes etc. The biggest and oldest Japanese maker of these dolls is Volks and they are holding their doll painting and clothing design competition this year, the ‘Dollfie World Cup’. I bought my entry heads yesterday, busted out my pastels and paints and the teeny tiny brushes and I have a few blank dolls I will practice on meanwhile.
Very therapeutic to return to this, I’d forgotten how much I really enjoy these dolls. My self-care of just allowing myself to have fun creatively. 

6F5FBBEF-9557-46FB-A47A-7401E75AF478.jpeg

8F1610E0-F0E8-4773-BB6C-8F3380E27E61.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Claire Atheria said:

Ooh would you mind sharing the notecard w/ me (if it's transferable)?

Well, poop, I dug out that folder and it was all about displays, not bears you can collect. I checked out a couple of the landmarks, and couldn't even find the darn displays, so I think this stuff is outdated! (The notecards aren't transfer, either. :( )

However, I did find the start point for Simon Linden's hunt for his bear. If you haven't already done it, it's a good bit of exploring. :) 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Denby/212/38/33

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Well, poop, I dug out that folder and it was all about displays, not bears you can collect. I checked out a couple of the landmarks, and couldn't even find the darn displays, so I think this stuff is outdated! (The notecards aren't transfer, either. :( )

However, I did find the start point for Simon Linden's hunt for his bear. If you haven't already done it, it's a good bit of exploring. :) 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Denby/212/38/33

That was one bear I *was* able to find yesterday, I liked doing the mini hunt 🙂 Thanks for checking though!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.