The Self Care Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

self-care, Pony AND TS. 😉

Things like this amaze me. It looks soooooo easy, but it takes so much practice and talent!

That's another thing I've done a couple of times. Not to this extent by any means, but done full makeup just because. No one is going to see it except me, but glamming it up in my pajamas has been a relaxing giggle a couple of times.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Now that we're a couple of months into this goofy awful pandemic, I find I'm surprised by how much my self-care needs have changed, or continually change. 

I'm wanting more silence then I ever thought I would. During the day, I'm working. When we worked in our offices, we'd often just sort of yell back and forth to each other, or walk into each other's offices to talk, etc. Now, though, it's all about dings. MS Teams dings, Zoom dings, FB dings, forum dings, Discord dings, Outlook dings... and that's only on my desktop. At the same time my phone is dinging with all those same dings, and so is my iPad. 

And then Alexa dings to let me know my Amazon order is on it's way. 

SO MUCH DINGING. 

Yes, I could turn it all off but I'm also afraid of either missing something important, or my boss trying to get hold of me and thinking I'm not working (this is absolutely not her style and she couldn't care less if I'm sitting at my desk or taking a nap on the couch as long as my work gets done).

So at 5:00 on the dot, I shut it all off. I turn on my governor's press conference that starts exactly the same way every single day. "We will get through this. We will get through this together. Repeat it with me - We will get through this, we will get through this together." He goes for an hour, and it's my signal that workday has ended and now it's me time. After that, it's an hour of quiet time spent usually on Discord, or sometimes inworld, chatting with my fella. Same routine every single weekday. 

It's silly, but it's helping me. 

Humans need routines. Now you know why. It's why I make a point most days to go to bed around the same time and get up around the same time, even on weekends. Routines, habits, yeah. It's our bodies' way of telling us all this "tech stuff" really isn't good for us because it disrupts our bodies' natural rythyms.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Things like this amaze me. It looks soooooo easy, but it takes so much practice and talent!

That's another thing I've done a couple of times. Not to this extent by any means, but done full makeup just because. No one is going to see it except me, but glamming it up in my pajamas has been a relaxing giggle a couple of times.

I’ve kept to fully dressing most days, it lifts my spirits. Only on bleaching day once a week do I wear clothes I don’t care about, lol. My fashion friends have been hosting some virtual teas, we like to share our coordinate shots, sometimes wearing but just as often in a flat lay. I’m not very good at flat lays but I still like to do them sometimes. Today I’m lazy in my nightgown though, I confess!

4F79F0AB-E1FF-4B3D-B0F3-2596950BFE3A.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:
14 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't remember who promised them, but it was @Dakota Linden that claimed they were in the mail.

Yep. But no one asked that question. 🤪

No, but she did say that she was checking her mail for them.  Just thought I'd let her know who claimed to have mailed them, regardless of who promised them in the first place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Was it @Patch Linden that promised the ponies, or @Oz Linden

I check the mail every single day. Still nothing.

Years ago, Rodvik Linden gave out pwnies. I still have mine (it's a primmy  and quite gawdy thing).

https://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2011/10/rod-humble-sl-linden-bear-is-a-rainbow-pony.html

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Years ago, Rodvik Linden gave out pwnies. I still have mine (it's a primmy  and quite gawdy thing).

https://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2011/10/rod-humble-sl-linden-bear-is-a-rainbow-pony.html

I remember that. I was gobsmacked by the number of people who were offended because it wasn't a bear. And Rod wasn't the first either. Humans. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Dammit. lol

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I remember that. I was gobsmacked by the number of people who were offended because it wasn't a bear. And Rod wasn't the first either. Humans. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Dammit. lol

I don't know why everyone didn't love it... it poofs! lol

Snapshot_002.png

• Like 3

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

I don't really collect the Linden plushies. I have a few but they're mostly from long gone Lindens. 

I don't, either. I started to collect at one point because they had a ton of them available at one of the SL Birthday events, but I wound up just boxing them up. A lot of the old ones are high prim so hard to have on display anyway (I guess because they were created in the pre-mesh days). 

7 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I don't, either. I started to collect at one point because they had a ton of them available at one of the SL Birthday events, but I wound up just boxing them up. A lot of the old ones are high prim so hard to have on display anyway (I guess because they were created in the pre-mesh days). 

They were, and yes they are high prim. Too high for permanent display, great for show n tell. lol

Do any of the Lindens create mesh Linden bears? I don't think so. I think one of the requirements for the job is to create your own from prims. In other words, learn a bit about building before diving in. I think that is a good thing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

They were, and yes they are high prim. Too high for permanent display, great for show n tell. lol

Do any of the Lindens create mesh Linden bears? I don't think so. I think one of the requirements for the job is to create your own from prims. In other words, learn a bit about building before diving in. I think that is a good thing.

That's a good question! I just dug a few out and had a look, and most of them are prim. I have one from Warp Linden that is mesh, as is the ACS Ebbe Linden bear from late 2019. I guess the newest Linden to have a bear (that I know of) is Strawberry Linden, but I don't have one of her bears so can't check it.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That's a good question! I just dug a few out and had a look, and most of them are prim. I have one from Warp Linden that is mesh, as is the ACS Ebbe Linden bear from late 2019. I guess the newest Linden to have a bear (that I know of) is Strawberry Linden, but I don't have one of her bears so can't check it.

Oh man. I completely forgot about asking her for one. Maybe I'll remember next time I log in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strawberry Linden said:

My Linden Bear is very newby and primmy because I can't build at all. Feel free to IM me for one, as long as you promise not to make fun of me for it. 🙃

For me, that’s totally part of the charm. I want it. 🍓

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Strawberry Linden said:

My Linden Bear is very newby and primmy because I can't build at all. Feel free to IM me for one, as long as you promise not to make fun of me for it. 🙃

I wanted one badly enough that I asked you for one before you'd even had a chance to build it! lol   (I'll send an IM!)

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Strawberry Linden said:

I think I squee'd a little bit. Just a little... cuz you were one of us. As long as it isn't a gargoyle that looks more like Kermit the Frog got ran over by a MACK truck, I dun care. You made it. That is what counts. You put the time and effort in. You care.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.