My Avatar

Grenada Mureaux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Greetings,

I have been away from Second Life for quite awhile. Finally remembered my logon and am back! However, my avatar is gone! Is there any way to retrieve...or must I start from scratch? Joined in 2008. but have reverted to newbie status?Much thanks in advance!

Grenada

Edited by Grenada Mureaux

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Grenada Mureaux said:

Greetings,

I have been away from Second Life for quite awhile. Finally remembered my logon and am back! However, my avatar is gone! Is there any way to retrieve...or must I start from scratch? Joined in 2008. but have reverted to newbie status?Much thanks in advance!

Grenada

check your inventory if you just stayed away it should be intact.

Even more basic ....  I'd recommend doing some reading to come back up to speed with all that has changed in SL since the last time you were here.  The Knowledge Base link at the top of your page here in the forums will lead to articles that address many of your basic questions.  Start with this one:

and then start reading other articles about selecting and outfitting an avatar. You may not feel like a newbie, but you are one again.  The learning curve is still steep in SL, but there are a lot more resources you can rely on for help.  And with a lot of unexpected down time at home right now, people have more time to explore and experiment.  Like you, I joined SL over a decade ago, when SL was a very different place. Unlike you, I have been here ever since, so I have learned all the new tools and ways of doing things in world as they happened.  You'll find a lot of us old timers in SL and here in the forums who are willing to answer questions and help you find your way. 

Welcome back. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What do you mean, "my avatar is gone"?

If you mean that you were using one of the "starter avatars", then yes, that particular look might be gone now.  LL has issued a lot of different starter avatars.  Some of them proved to be a bit less than ideal for new residents, and got deleted from the Library section of people's inventories.  (Other things have been removed from the Library over time, too, as SL has evolved.)

This is not a big problem.  Just choose any other starter avatar.  You may even find that your original avatar is still available, in Inventory\Library\Clothing\Initial Outfits...just not present in the gallery you see with the Avatars button in the user interface.

If you mean that your ACCOUNT is not there any longer, you can probably get that back, too.  File a Support Case, and tell LL that you would like to reactivate an old account.  They will charge you $10, and they won't guarantee that you'll get all your inventory or $L back.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.