Chic Aeon

Sansar appears to NOW be owned by Wookey

Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2020 at 10:57 PM, Gindipple said:

Maybe they paid Wookey to take it and assume all debts :D

I have never seen ANY official comment that the platform was "sold", only that "Linden Lab was no longer the owner".    Some of the former staff are still there (as far as I know we don't know who else is including new folks). Some of the former staff didn't KNOW they were staying until the last minute.    This from Sansar Discord :D and on the record. 

EDIT:  This new press release "suggests"  -- by asking questions -- that the Lab did indeed SELL to Wookey. However none of the answers in the release use the term and the document seems carefully worded to suggest but not state :D.   It really doesn't matter, but pointing that out. 

https://www.lindenlab.com/releases/wookey_project_corp_acquires_sansar

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1

I looked everywhere where to delete my Sansar account and couldnt find a link. I was worried because it was linked to my Secondlife account and now its been sold on.

I have sent in a ticket now, so waiting to get answer. Meanwhile, I am not so worried because, to get back into Sansar, after joining when it started up, and not been back since, I had to make a new password. SO Im thinking my SL account is already separated. 

54 minutes ago, CheriColette said:

I looked everywhere where to delete my Sansar account and couldnt find a link. I was worried because it was linked to my Secondlife account and now its been sold on.

I have sent in a ticket now, so waiting to get answer. Meanwhile, I am not so worried because, to get back into Sansar, after joining when it started up, and not been back since, I had to make a new password. SO Im thinking my SL account is already separated. 

Ebbe said maybe two months ago on Discord that he didn't believe you could delete a Sansar account. The new owners MIGHT do that for you of course.  Also AFAIK the only link to your SL account would be your real life info that Tilia looks out when sending out  1099s. Those were (again that has changed now) linked together into one 1099 --- at least when I asked about it.  If you made anything there then your goods seem to belong to the new company -- or at least they have use of them for oh so many reasons :D . You would still hold the original copyright.  You could reread the TOS but depending on the last TOS that you agreed to, that is part of the deal.

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2020 at 2:12 PM, Kurshie Muromachi said:

Wookey is bringing together some of the world’s most exciting technology verticals out there at the intersection of music and entertainment, AR, VR, and mobile.

>>THAT!!  

And a rather propitious opportune moment, given a pandemic shutting in a globe of populations.  Now imagine music concerts by popular performers on a such a virtual platform, globally presented with a ready audience eager for shared entertainments, and too, with fields of eager artists NEEDING such a  plaform that does not spread communal human diseases.  Answer: Sansar, ready to go in a whole new direction and focus (with experienced Creators already at the helm and probably available for contract).  Presenting >> Wookey, Inc., the new driver that just bought this barely used new shiny car right off the lot.  VarrooooOOOoZOoommmm ~~~! 

Now the world has a reason to go to Sansar when great popular events await you, yes you'll pay to get in, too!   Now you have a reason to put on clunky VR goggles for a while, so you can join a whole mass of other people around the world dancing at your elbow in a setting that has drawn you all altogether to see and experience, Ohhh say.... say, Selena Gomez, or Bruce Springsteen (is he still alive?), Taylor Swift, Da Baby, Lil Uzi Vert, etc.etc. on to infinity!   Concerts, stage performances, NEW CONTENT to be ginned up rapidly, all for YOU to experience (.Ermmm...without having to breath the excited, infected breath of those wild creature attendees around you). 

Yes, THE new sanitized WORLD, and just when you need it. That's surely what Wookey is up to, and if not, ...well...HERE YOU GO:  Just send me a royalty check. 

I suggest that all you fabulous creators who worked on Sansar are in fact a rather ready force to be harnessed at this moment, and turned to such new endeavors.  Brush up your attitudes, freshen those Resume's, toss in a tick tack to conquer your weary breath:  yes....YOU guys are what will build this new stuff and SOON.... the, concert halls, the visual galleries, and the futuristic experiences of NEW Woodstocks on a wild exciting virtual platform of our new disease-free futuristic world that is, NOW!   

Welcome to the NEW SANSAR!  

Whew... can i get a job there as carny barker, virtually, of course.  Come on!.... you know I can do it!!  Here's my number xxx-xxx-xxxx.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

According to wikipedia:

Wookey is a village and civil parish 2 miles (3.2 km) west of Wells, on the River Axe in the Mendip district of Somerset, England. Wookey is often confused with its sister village Wookey Hole which is perhaps best known today for the Wookey Hole Caves. The parish includes the village of Henton and the nearby hamlets of Yarley and Bleadney where the River Axe, travels the length of the village. There used to be a port at Bleadney on the river in the 8th century which allowed goods to be brought to within 3 miles (5 km) of Wells.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wookey)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2020 at 10:11 PM, Gayngel said:

I clicked on that link and got this:

bilde.png.e92019d5cee2c0ccb9181be24c591b96.png

I got curious and clicked the "Learn More" button to browse through the list of 624(!) companies engadget wants to give/sell my personal data to before they give me access to the article. I don't think I'm going to read it.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 3

On 3/30/2020 at 4:51 AM, CheriColette said:

. SO Im thinking my SL account is already separated. 

as far i know it's not tied to your SL account, users only got the opportunity to register their same name for a period of time.
Deleting a account is, according the articles, possible with sending a request  ..( did that thursday, but no response yet)

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 2:14 AM, ChinRey said:

I clicked on that link and got this:

bilde.png.e92019d5cee2c0ccb9181be24c591b96.png

I got curious and clicked the "Learn More" button to browse through the list of 624(!) companies engadget wants to give/sell my personal data to before they give me access to the article. I don't think I'm going to read it.

Damn! Well, THAT would certainly explain all the spam email I keep setting up filters to automatically delete in Gmail.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

Damn! Well, THAT would certainly explain all the spam email I keep setting up filters to automatically delete in Gmail.

I was never allowed to update my email in Sansar so any spam will go to one that nolonger exists.

1 hour ago, Shansi Kenin said:

I was never allowed to update my email in Sansar so any spam will go to one that nolonger exists.

Oh, it has nothing to do with Sansar directly. Gayngel posted a link to an article about Sansar and that's where I got this. So I never read that article.

• Like 1