HEY GRANDPA! WHAT'S FOR SUPPER?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In support of The Great American Takeout - to support the local restaurants that cannot do dine-in service right now -- we ordered from one of our favorite local joints.  Thus we had shredded beef/chicken burritos smothered in green chili and pico de gallo.  It has been a long time since we indulged in their huge but yummy burritos.  Sort of like this:

image.png.0dabb29f9976637dfff153fe50a2cc38.png

• Like 5

Tonight’s spinach onion Gouda quiche, but I have been making all different kinds of soup.

But I am going to plan on ordering takeout once a week to help out the restaurants. Our Texas governor, always on top of things, early on decreed that they can now include alcoholic drinks with takeout orders. 🤨 That’s about the only sign that he has noticed the virus.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Our Texas governor, always on top of things, early on decreed that they can now include alcoholic drinks with takeout orders.

This was added to our restaurant rules shortly after they were told to stop the dine-in service.  We keep a good enough supply of stuff at home that I don't need to add drinks to my orders though.

The local news has even started keeping a web page listing all of the restaurants, by area, that are doing take-out and/or delivery, but are not on the usual delivery apps like Grubhub and Doordash.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This was added to our restaurant rules shortly after they were told to stop the dine-in service.  We keep a good enough supply of stuff at home that I don't need to add drinks to my orders though.

The local news has even started keeping a web page listing all of the restaurants, by area, that are doing take-out and/or delivery, but are not on the usual delivery apps like Grubhub and Doordash.  

But your gov is actually doing other stuff besides green lighting booze delivery. Texas mayors Of large blue cities have closed things down, tho. 

• Like 1

Ribeye with balsamic vegetables agrodolce over herbed cauliflower rice

Salad - green leaf lettuce with mushrooms, green onion, radishes and home made bleue cheese dressing. 

Greek yoghurt with honey and fresh raspberries. 

• Like 1

Cooking? Yer kidding, right? I mean, by this time into the whole isolation thing I'm not even bothering with clothes let alone cooking. I was buying stacks of these yummy dinners from the refrigerated section and taking them home to freeze well before people were hoarding toilet paper. Nuke for 5 mins and you can be back in front of the screen bingeing the Netflix of choice, plus no dishes to wash.

image.png.7cbd5a5c2a9af3a84581cc3664ef7e82.png

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm trying to get fresh veg frozen in as many forms as possible. Got various home made soups, sauces, fritters and veg burgers filling up the freezer. It's taking me back to preparing for maternity leave, but it was so much more enjoyable when that was what was lying ahead.

• Like 2

Tonight, spice-rubbed roasted pork loin with cherry sauce, smashed taters, carrot/apple slaw. Hello Fresh comes through when fresh meat (besides cuts of $$$ choice angus beef) is scarce just now. It will get better very soon, there’s just a lag between people buying out the shops and new things coming in, I’m guessing.

I also made a plate of deviled eggs. I usually start making them in the spring so it’s good to keep routine. My SO is still working remotely here at home but otherwise my cooking routine isn’t that different. We both like home cooking best and I really do enjoy cooking. I also have a new Easter tea blend with flower petals in it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.