Dahlings, Let's Beautify Second Life!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Let me see. I believe this is how one 'tags' people here:

@Scylla Rhiadra Always available to assist, my dear.

@Tolya Ugajin The name of my tailor is Mr Masa Plympton. Here is his business card.

@Da5id Weatherwax My good man, this is casual wear. I believe that I did mention that I was relaxing in my study. I might also add that it is terribly discourteous to point out what one deems as faults in another gentleman's apparel in front of his host. Or perhaps you are after the position yourself, hm?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Lolz great thread Scylla ! I want to share with you what it's like to be a real man in SL, a modern age caveman, if you will. This is why I wanted a Second Life Universe Man contest, ( SLUM ) because once the hairy arms tattoos are perfected I've won already ... that's a shovel in my left hand btw, mesh too.

MMM.jpg.622e1908a7eecfa9dc0ac9fd3e892959.jpg

Dahling, thank you so much for your input!

You have certainly achieved a . . . um . . . "look" here!

And we should celebrate that! Vive la différence, say I! To each his own! In his own sim (or region)! Somewhere . . . over there!

(I can't tell you how deeply that fallen shoulder strap is distressing me. You wouldn't mind fixing if for me, would you dahling? Thank you so much.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Lolz great thread Scylla ! I want to share with you what it's like to be a real man in SL, a modern age caveman, if you will. This is why I wanted a Second Life Universe Man contest, ( SLUM ) because once the hairy arms tattoos are perfected I've won already ... that's a shovel in my left hand btw, mesh too.

MMM.jpg.622e1908a7eecfa9dc0ac9fd3e892959.jpg

Is that a shovel in your hand, or are you just happy to see me?

• Haha 1

Dahlings, I've adopted a n00b! My very own new person!

He's two days old, and his name is รєкรเкคร๓เєร1149 (and no, dahlings, I don't know how to pronounce that either), and he is very sweet. At least, I think he is: his command of the Queen's English is a tad limited. Mostly, he keeps repeating "Missa on yhdynta?" Which I assume must be an expression of gratitude in whatever charming and quaint language he calls his native tongue?

Taking him shopping for new clothes has been a little challenging, as he is rather easily distracted by . . . well, pretty much anything, actually. But you know me, dahlings: I will persevere until that utterly horrid default starter avatar outfit is but a nightmarish memory!

Dahlings-3-Blank.thumb.png.ca95022d8ffe19dfa18c04f90f998877.png

• Like 2

Sets down my tea cup. 

Well now, it was a long way to finally get to say that Scylla's inspiration positively makes me want a little extra sugar. 

-- I endeavor to set the little porcelain thing on a tray without chipping it in some way, and too while trying to take my glance away, yet again from that hemline where she sits, beaming with her delicious imaginings, and too, that slight frame how it wiggles a bit with every flight of a hand serving to substantiate what comes from her glossed lips. Oh, that lovely hemline, how it does so lightly rise by the millimeter. --  

Mmm hmmm… O, yes yes, I do agree Scylla!  Whatev...  err... uh.. ideas I mean.. yes, you've got it, I do believe, dear.

-- Was I bit too reluctant to raise my eyes from the edge of those thighs, and now to that wondering blink in her eyes?  I'll just lean back with a laconic Cheshire smile and pretend pondering the pedantry of long forgotten scholars.  She'll think I'm confident that she can bend LL to her fashion.  And perhaps she can. Hmmm, is that dress buttoned, snapped or zipped, I wonder.

You'll find the confections on a silver platter over there, on the butler's table, Mr. Barrowstone. I can particularly recommend the seed cake.

I'm afraid that that is all that is on offer.

(And the answer to your query is, of course, buttons. And not vulgar plastic ones either.

As for "snaps" (*shudder*) . . . do I look like I buy my garments at Forever 21?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Brava, my dear lady.

The Second Life landscape is rather eye-searingly gaudy.  It does make one want to retire to some remote, but tasteful island sim.

As for the state of attire of my fellow members of the male persuasion, I too despair.  Some of the sartorial choices I have seen barely qualify as clothing.  In fact, I would much prefer to see them in nothing at all!  Yes, yes... On some men, no clothing would definitely be an improvement.  (Eh-hum... Anyway...)

I know of no man who doesn't look at their best in formal wear.  (Do forgive the unfortunate headdress.  I'm afraid that I got caught up in the excitement of the moment, and lost control.)

2020-1_003.png

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Rhun DeCuir said:

As for the state of attire of my fellow members of the male persuasion, I too despair.  Some of the sartorial choices I have seen barely qualify as clothing.  In fact, I would much prefer to see them in nothing at all!  Yes, yes... On some men, no clothing would definitely be an improvement.  (Eh-hum... Anyway...)

Vous êtes très amusants, mon cher!

And we are not in disagreement on that score! Why, as my good friend Dorothy Parker used to say . . . well, never mind what she said; as witty as she was, she had the most appalling taste in hats . . .

1 hour ago, Rhun DeCuir said:

I know of no man who doesn't look at their best in formal wear.  (Do forgive the unfortunate headdress.  I'm afraid that I got caught up in the excitement of the moment, and lost control.)

And on this too we can agree. As for the headdress . . . we all must have our little peccadilloes, no? Eccentricity and individuality are (within, of course, definite limits) such important elements of individual style, don't you think?

15 minutes ago, Ginger Shostakovich said:

Ooh, I say! That sounds like a bloody marvellous idea! *sips tea with pinky finger extended*

Let's start buying all the abandoned land to create the jewel in Second Life's crown!

(yeah, I wish. I'm not that rich. But I can quite possibly open an art gallery...)

Ginger, dahling . . . it's not about being rich, it's about being stylish and beautiful! And we know how well you score on both of those counts!

Think about how tacky so many of the "wealthy" are! The nouveau riche and Bradford millionaires (with or without silk hat!) need not apply to our set! Why, I've been compelled to snub Richard Branson (tedious vulgarian!) no less than three times this year!

And a true artiste is always a little Bohemian, no?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ginger, dahling . . . it's not about being rich, it's about being stylish and beautiful! And we know how well you score on both of those counts!

Think about how tacky so many of the "wealthy" are! The nouveau riche and Bradford millionaires (with or without silk hat!) need not apply to our set! Why, I've been compelled to snub Richard Branson (tedious vulgarian!) no less than three times this year!

And a true artiste is always a little Bohemian, no?

I am honoured! *bows* 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Vous êtes très amusants, mon cher!

And we are not in disagreement on that score! Why, as my good friend Dorothy Parker used to say . . . well, never mind what she said; as witty as she was, she had the most appalling taste in hats . . .

And on this too we can agree. As for the headdress . . . we all must have our little peccadilloes, no? Eccentricity and individuality are (within, of course, definite limits) such important elements of individual style, don't you think?

One does one's best to be amusing in such trying times.  Although, it is difficult.  Why, just the other day I spotted a man wearing NOTHING but a pair of lime green short shorts.  I was so taken aback that I nearly ran into a lamppost!

And again, I do apologize for the inexcusably frivolous accessory. It shall not happen again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rhun DeCuir said:

...the inexcusably frivolous accessory. It shall not happen again.

Indubitably!  Next year's headgear will read "2021"!  Isn't it nice to be rescued from a fashion faux pas by the simple passage of time?

Also, I remind all those who adore having a dog as one's fashion accessory that today is National Puppy Day!

old-fashion-blond-girl-dog-22909795.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Indubitably!  Next year's headgear will read "2021"!  Isn't it nice to be rescued from a fashion faux pas by the simple passage of time?

Also, I remind all those who adore having a dog as one's fashion accessory that today is National Puppy Day!

old-fashion-blond-girl-dog-22909795.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Happy Puppy Day!!!! Now that is something that 'beautifies' the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.