Dahlings, Let's Beautify Second Life!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

One must rise to the occasion and do one’s part, after all. It’s simply the right thing to do in these  sartorially challenged times. Many men may eschew formalwear in their everyday sartorial ouevre but there’s always that occasional need for it, usually last minute  too...😉 So - something simple, elegant, and economical should do nicely. (and said something should just add with a click for ‘one and done let’s go to the party!’).

Given the chance, my partner will endlessly fiddle with all of the choices in his many fat packs of all of his suits...with every part of the HUDs down to the studs and cuff links...but then he truly enjoys it! 

This is all so true. And men have been so very ill-served by creators!

But that is a function, to a great degree also of how many men don't care about what they wear, isn't it? Some of the most stylish people I know in SL are men . . . but there is a host of others who, asked to purchase formal wear, will come home with something like this:

564106268_Tuxedo-Onesie-Blank.thumb.png.77fb34f97b328138a942cb02901da743.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But that is a function, to a great degree also of how many men don't care about what they wear, isn't it? Some of the most stylish people I know in SL are men . . . but there is a host of others who, asked to purchase formal wear, will come home with something like this:

I think some men may just view formal wear as a sometimes necessary evil that is only needed to be able to abide by a dress code at the venue… A tux is a tux is a tux...And that’s fine, I’m certainly not out to cause anyone undue sartorial distress… but I have a suspicion that some of them do need something quick, inexpensive but yet decent in order to fit the purpose…however the photo you posted is just plain evil.😈

• Like 1

Scylla,

A man born into this life is well provided for, all he needs is a freenis and he becomes a babe magnet.

Look at me in all my glory! I don't believe you if you say you aren't aroused!

940108815_n00bman.thumb.png.e52f9ecdcc08310d2a9afcdccada6ace.png

"A man of eighty has outlived probably three new schools of painting, two of architecture and poetry and a hundred in dress."

Edited by Les Couturier
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Of course, we should leave a few such places for those who actually prefer "ugly"? Think of them as somewhat like wildlife refuges -- we don't want such people roaming freely across our parts of SL merely because they have nowhere else to go, do we?

Got ya covered there.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

No more rack upon rack of tattered graphic tees and low-slung joggers: soon, it will be Saville Row everywhere you turn for men’s clothing!

The most peculiar thing just happened. I was relaxing - cognac in hand - by the fire in my study when a circle of light appeared on the ceiling. Within the circle I recognised the shadow of a full Windsor knot, but the reason for its sudden arrival perplexed me until my footman leaned over, cleared his throat discreetly, and murmured, "It is the Skell Signal, sir."

Ah! A call to arms, then!

Might I offer my services to this noble cause?

49680743383_e8cf81dbf7_h.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

The most peculiar thing just happened. I was relaxing - cognac in hand - by the fire in my study when a circle of light appeared on the ceiling. Within the circle I recognised the shadow of a full Windsor knot, but the reason for its sudden arrival perplexed me until my footman leaned over, cleared his throat discreetly, and murmured, "It is the Skell Signal, sir."

Skell, dahling, to confess that I had you in mind as I was devising the MANTan project would be to do no more than full justice to my respect for your boundless taste, style, and sartorial energy. I nearly tagged you, in fact, but then it occurred to me that that would have displayed a simply dreadful lack of faith. I knew that you would be here.

And dressed exquisitely well, I might add, for the job at hand.

27 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

blinks

When did Melania join SL?

Strange days, indeed... most peculiar, momma...

May I remind you that disclosure of someone's RL identity is explicitly against the CS and TOS?

I am having fun with you, of course, dahling.

Rest assured that Melania would never appear in a thread of mine. Not since I defriended her, and had her expelled as an officer from the Gala Event planning group we helped to found.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This person should be shot, for the good of all humanity, forthwith.  Repeatedly if needs be.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

400 quatloos if you tell me where you got that suit.

• Like 1

Lolz great thread Scylla ! I want to share with you what it's like to be a real man in SL, a modern age caveman, if you will. This is why I wanted a Second Life Universe Man contest, ( SLUM ) because once the hairy arms tattoos are perfected I've won already ... that's a shovel in my left hand btw, mesh too.

MMM.jpg.622e1908a7eecfa9dc0ac9fd3e892959.jpg

Edited by rasterscan

11 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

You are aware, my dear Skell, that despite your honeyed words, that which secures your tie in this image cannot possibly be a full Windsor, or even a half. I am very much afraid that the angle it makes and the volume it occupies lead to the inescapable conclusion that your tie is secured with a four-in-hand which, while demeaned by the appellation of "schoolboy knot" certainly has its place in the vast spectrum that is "fitting the knot of a particular tie to a particular cut of shirt collar", is only appropriate in that proper place. It is completely inappropriate to that particular combination of tie and shirt. The proper knot on a gentleman's tie should be in proportion to the V of the collar and complement the angle of its cut. That knot with that tie is way too small for that collar and its angles are far too acute. I estimate that a full Windsor would be too bulky for that collar and so would strongly suggest a half Windsor when  wearing that tie with that shirt again.

You might also have a quiet word with your valet, Sir, and remind him that in forming the knot of a tie the final step after snugging it to the collar is to ease the fall around the knot so that the front is smooth and unbunched.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1488 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.