In the loop!

93YearOld

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

27 minutes ago, Sparkly Rainbow said:

I am wondering how this communication system will work.  Will it be only for people that have homes already in Bellisseria?  Will it communicate to all of SL?  What about all the residents waiting to get homes?  

I know that nobody has the answers to that yet.  Just some curiosity on my end.  I hope that it works out well.

A few times it was suggested that they need a way to blast something to all Bellisseria owners and a way to blast a notice to all Premium account holders.  After one of those such suggestions one of the LL staff (possibly Patch) said that they were working on it.  Not sure of the specifics of what was being worked on, but hopefully they have designed it to be flexible and allow communications to both of those groups of folks and possibly other sets of accounts based on other identifiable criteria.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

A few times it was suggested that they need a way to blast something to all Bellisseria owners and a way to blast a notice to all Premium account holders.  After one of those such suggestions one of the LL staff (possibly Patch) said that they were working on it.  Not sure of the specifics of what was being worked on, but hopefully they have designed it to be flexible and allow communications to both of those groups of folks and possibly other sets of accounts based on other identifiable criteria.

I'm betting it might be able to be done through an updater being added into the home controller maybe. A push message of some sort that would show up when a homeowner logs on. Or an email system that sends an email with update to the premium accounts email they signed up with. 

Edited by Gingir Ghoststar

In all fairness, I hope they find a way to communication to all Premium members across multiple platforms at the same time (email, in-world,  community blog update, Premium member page). To provide notice first to those in Bellisseria seems lopsided - since they already have a premium home - and there are many other premium members who don't have one, or have been in the lower prim homes and are trying for one of the newer style homes - but are unable to capture.  The only reason I stumbled across the log cabin preview was because I had asked if there was somewhere to view the different premium homes, and someone in the Helping Heavens group was kind enough to share the link to the log cabins.  Otherwise, finding information on new homes (or releases) seems to be like finding a needle in a haystack.  I am grateful to the person who abandoned their Traditional - and I love my first LL, and hope that when more/new homes are released it will be communicated in a way to provide all Premium members a true chance to find the home of the dreams.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rileyxrose said:

In all fairness, I hope they find a way to communication to all Premium members across multiple platforms at the same time (email, in-world,  community blog update, Premium member page). To provide notice first to those in Bellisseria seems lopsided - since they already have a premium home - and there are many other premium members who don't have one, or have been in the lower prim homes and are trying for one of the newer style homes - but are unable to capture.  The only reason I stumbled across the log cabin preview was because I had asked if there was somewhere to view the different premium homes, and someone in the Helping Heavens group was kind enough to share the link to the log cabins.  Otherwise, finding information on new homes (or releases) seems to be like finding a needle in a haystack.  I am grateful to the person who abandoned their Traditional - and I love my first LL, and hope that when more/new homes are released it will be communicated in a way to provide all Premium members a true chance to find the home of the dreams.

I like that idea, a multiple platform communication. That sounds like the best idea I've seen put forth so far. Good job! 

• Like 1

Any communication of major Linden homes releases should be pushed to all premium users, not just those who currently have a Linden home. 

As for the “soon”, it’s so open to interpretation and misunderstanding. I was really surprised and pleased that Patch posted “not this week” - that’s short and to the point.

• Like 3

Friends, I'm sorry, but I think we are totally missing a few points here (risking to get a warning point here, but it has to be said):

1. Some people here in the forums were just requesting updates to be communicated through a different channel, since not everybody is inworld at the same time or checking the chat. WE got it and it is all fine now. 

2. We all mentioned first comes first, and that both Lindens and Moles needed to focus in the RL situation, since we are all humans. We were not attacking anyone, but complaining about a communication system. 

3. We ALL are going through the same RL situation, just watch the news to find out what we are going in Europe; just try to imagine how we are feeling. 

4. SL is a business and Residents are customers who want to have a close relation with LL employess. But still, as customers, we wanted our feedback to be heard; if a LL employee felt insulted, I am truly sorry, but I have checked the forums and actually  coudln't find any kind of insult. 

5. The Bellisseria chat is wonderful but US oriented: not all residents live in the US, and I personally just use it for notices, since I don't get most of the jokes or the daily/political life they are referring to. Plus, it is way too many messages for some of us, that does not mean we don't want to socialize. 

And with this, I'm taking a break from the forums and maybe from Belli. We are dealing with real problems in my country now, and just feeling that I cannot complain about a communication channel or make an innocent silly joke, seems... welll, I dont get it...  Love you guys, my home is still open to anyone who needs a place to disconnect. 

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 19
  • Sad 1

This is all insanity. We are in a virtual world with thousands of wonders and things to do and people are sitting around worrying about getting the latest virtual house in the ultimate location. Fun to do yes but it's gotten carried away. A home is a ground base to decorate and have fun with but then what? You get bored and move again and redecorate and become obsessed with it. Get a nice home you feel comfortable with then go out and LIVE your Second Life. Enjoy what it has to offer instead of wringing your hands about releases, it's nuts. Go explore SL and when a home is available then its available and do what you want with it. The waiting time will go faster.  I would not blame Patch or other Lindens and the moles to say "screw you all" and vanish again and never mingle with anyone again like the old days. They do their best, their best is breath taking beautiful. Get a life people! Patch nor anybody has to answer to you. Now go ahead and jump all over me over this post, I am not running for mayor and could give a......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It's a busy group.

You have to interject.

Catch one of my conversations in there someday and look... maybe the first 10 minutes go by with me being ignored. Maybe the first 1-10 comments. Then my constant this and that breaks through, people engage, and I can get even switch topic and drag them with me.

Every so often I see someone post one question, then nothing, then come back 10 minutes later with "I guess you're all ignoring me"... and yeah - they didn't engage. Maybe I saw their message, maybe I didn't and have to scroll up to find it after the hostile comment does somehow catch my eye. What I do notice is when somebody's name keeps showing up a lot, then I look to see what's up, and that becomes a conversation.

The Citizen's group has a LOT of people, and they spread what they read there beyond themselves. That's why it's so useful as a place to engage.

The forum is very small, and the blogs go largely unread.

- They can be useful for times, static, announcements. That kinds that stick for a while.

Saying "nothing new this week" is not the place for them - but it works very well in a super active community of highly engaged folks who then take that chatter with them to the rest of SL.

At over 4000 people, roughly 40% of all of Bellisseria is in that one group. Sure, they are NOT all online at once, but they can all engage there - and the feel of the community, it's heart, beats through there.

This place, this forum, is more like the left little toe.

Now it is 3999. Where  +/- 40 is active in the group all the time.

I disagree that "Nothing new this week" should be reserved for that group alone. "Nothing this week" may sound small to you, but important to others.

I do not wish to check the chat regulary when I am logged in. That is why I am not in the group anymore.

I do not think my feelings are bad,

or that the other way, enjoying and sharing in group chat is bad.

I am just a human, and we have different ways to communicate. Now I feel that my wishes to be included in another ways than group chat is wrong, and that I should be ashamed for even saying so.

Edited by Marianne Little
error+removing a sentence.
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

[...]

Having said that, however, please stop and think about some of the accusations you've put towards the moles and Lindens.They might be employees but they're people first and they don't deserve to be abused or harassed by the rest of us. That's the same ham-handed argument you see in real life with public servants when people start yelling "I pay your paycheck, I'm your boss" just because they (the person upset) pays taxes. The moles and Lindens are people. They respond far better to you treating them as such. 

I got angry once, at a perceived injustice, and I would have done better not to post that one sentence in those exact words, but the question was valid, and my reaction was the same as if I'd been slapped.  After that one small explosion, however, I took pains to post reasoned arguments.  I was not 'yelling' my case, and I do not believe I have harassed or abused anyone; I have actually mentioned my gratitude in this forum for the work of the staff.  I have asked for answers to my arguments; as yet I have not seen them but it is by now only Monday, and I imagine there will be some discussion in the (virtual) office.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

This is all insanity. ...

he Ziggy, cutie here  :)it was nothing more than a question to get informed on a decent, and professional way. That this is taken wrong, is simply sad, and ..[removed for my own safety]

1 hour ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

Now go ahead and jump all over me

hm.. just over?.. nearly got some hope  😇

• Haha 6

• Administrators

Here is some more information on the communication system coming out soon:

It will be a Mailbox based system that will allow the team (Lindens and Moles involved with the LDPW) to communicate with home owners directly.  It has a few neat features that include inventory and text (IM) delivery, message expiration controls and a couple other tricks.  We'll give more information in a real update once it's ready to go.

It will not communicate with all Premium members.  I have no way to effectively do that without spinning up a high effort, several department task just to send an email through that sort of communication channel.  I'm not sure it is a good use of our time, especially in the context of sending minor updates.  We don't want to cause email fatigue.  We feel for our purposes, communicating with everyone at large is best done here in the forums, and via the update post.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 17

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

Oh wow, I wasnt aware of that. Sounds like the system the lindens are using with the mailbox will be the best solution then. 

Sadly it is true.  What happens is, someone clicks that little spam button in their email on any type of email you get from us or the grid at large, mistakenly thinking that's an easy way to "filter" the general grid/group email noise you might get.  What isn't realized, is clicking that little button has actual penalty implications against us and our emails then become blacklisted in various spam filtering systems and eventually all end up going to the land of spam (however your email provider handles them).  Then you may miss seeing importnt information from us and now you have to white list them to ensure delivery.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

It will be a Mailbox based system that will allow the team (Lindens and Moles involved with the LDPW) to communicate with home owners directly.  It has a few neat features that include inventory and text (IM) delivery, message expiration controls and a couple other tricks.  We'll give more information in a real update once it's ready to go.

It will not communicate with all Premium members.  I have no way to effectively do that without spinning up a high effort, several department task just to send an email through that sort of communication channel.  I'm not sure it is a good use of our time, especially in the context of sending minor updates.  We don't want to cause email fatigue.  We feel for our purposes, communicating with everyone at large is best done here in the forums, and via the update post.  

Thank you for the information.  I know it's a lot of work you all (staff and moles) are working hard getting everything set up and ready to release the regions to the public. 

I'm looking forward to this new mailbox system and the future regions upcoming releases. 🙂

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

This sounds very cool, Patch, and a great way to corral info from various sources (Linden and Mole) and get it to all LH owners. I am looking forward to seeing it in action. :) 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

It has a few neat features that include inventory and text (IM) delivery, message expiration controls and a couple other tricks. 

Sounds very intriguing!  It sounds like a really creative solution to keep everyone up to date.

Personally, I'd love to always have the most recent version of Jon Ree's terrific landmark notecards always in my inventory!

/me briefly dreams of Alotta getting bored and tossing a "LH - Rhododendron lg - Peachy" into the Belli mailbox ....

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Sounds very intriguing!  It sounds like a really creative solution to keep everyone up to date.

Personally, I'd love to always have the most recent version of Jon Ree's terrific landmark notecards always in my inventory!

/me briefly dreams of Alotta getting bored and tossing a "LH - Rhododendron lg - Peachy" into the Belli mailbox ....

and a weeping willow! 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Get in my inbox, mousey! 😻

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

and a weeping willow! 

Definitely!  Tho at >80 LI, I wouldn't be using it in Belli :(

But they're the prettiest willows I've seen in SL, and I'd be yanking ones on my private properties elsewhere and putting these in if I could get my hands on them!  Even tho they're not seasonal, they make up for it by being gorgeous.

Those rhodies, tho...3 or so LI ...

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 5:06 AM, Patch Linden said:

I am not going to post updates, when I have no official updates to post.   You are all looking to me for information.   That information is a date of intended release.  I will never give you that.  If I started posting release dates, and we miss them, then what sort of ire and bad sentiment will that generate?   Right now, in a less than your perfect world of ideals, I hint, or joke around, and sometimes drop some tidbits of information sprinkled around all over the place.   Can you believe I get complaints about that?  I have even received complaints and directed anger about the use of too many Soon™'s, so I've even stopped that at this point.   Some one made the point that we might just regress and pull everything back, and yes, this is the path that leads us back down that road to total non-engagement.   Since we just can't have nice things, I suppose I will have to digress.  Our new communication system is pretty close to being deployed, and when I feel there is an important enough update other than Soon™ or Not this Week™, I will make a real forum post update.

This makes me sad. As I've said before, one of the things I love most about Bellisseria is the interaction - both as a community and with the people who are actually building it. I thought the Soon™ hints were fun, and like many others looked forward to the Soon-O-Meter dialing up a notch. Sure, it's a very small thing relatively speaking, but it gave us that little bit of anticipation and whimsy. Not to mention we swiped it for a standard reply to the multiple daily queries. 

Mostly, though, I really and truly hope the interaction with the Lindens and Moles doesn't go away. This is what makes the whole thing extra-neat to me, and hearing little bits about how things are created/scripted/etc makes me appreciate the process that much more. And the random goofing around on occasion is great - it puts a human face on the staff (no offense intended to the non-humans.) 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Definitely!  Tho at >80 LI, I wouldn't be using it in Belli :(

But they're the prettiest willows I've seen in SL, and I'd be yanking ones on my private properties elsewhere and putting these in if I could get my hands on them!  Even tho they're not seasonal, they make up for it by being gorgeous.

Those rhodies, tho...3 or so LI ...

This willow is stunning in person, and the LI is quite a bit lower than it says in the ad when you resize it down. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Titans-The-Weeping-Willow/18116706

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.