looking for different shopping areas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i've been a member for about 7 months now and i think i've visited all the normal places to shop. i seem to get the same places when i do a search, in which i wil search hair, punk/goth clothing, shopping malls, shopping plazas, etc. i am looking for those odd places that rarely come up on the search/destination guide. i really need places for hair, goth, punk, accessories, and malls. like i said i know of the first 20 that come up in a search so if u have anywhere that is not normal, or rare that would be great.

Only 2 places i can think of off the top of my head that have been around since I first started playing. FallnAngel Creations and Lapointe & BastChild Designs.  FallnAngel Creations is mainly female fashions but huge selection of different tastes/flavors. Hope that helps.

I have a bunch of LMs for all the quirky stores i like.  I could send you a bunch or stick them on a notecard, if you prefer. 

The real difficulty is in not knowing exactly the kind of thing you're looking for.  For example, what sort of hair are you looking for?  Could you give us more of an idea so we can help you?  :matte-motes-grin:

I would give you more ideas, but unfortunately my one friend who possibly would know place that might have what you are looking for exactly is currently on break from SL. Also unfortunate for all of us that search is filled with keyword spam, frustrating I know. Are you looking for tails and ears also? If not you may try using furry as a keyword, as some consider furries deviants from the norm. As for tails and ears that are animated and work with a hud, Hybrid has great stuff. I have thier Bad Juju ears and a tail from them. Use them both on 2 of my furry avatars and my neko. Ownership has changed apparently to  Stoic Ixchel. As for tatts, Lapoint & BastChild have some but Aitui has more.

:)

well i have a very wide range of hair that i like. i like anywhere from long blonde hair to colored punk hair. i also mainly like goth/grunge clothing, but i do like the cute girlie stuff at times. i seem to always change my ava to many different groups. i guess u can say that my real life is boring as i have 2 kids and a stay at home mom, so i use my second life to make my life a little bit brighter. LOL thanks for the replies!

• Lindens

Have you been to http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Meow/116/161/22 ? Several independent recommendations from Residents have led me there as of late! They have some stuff you might classify as "punk/goth", and the overall vibe of the shops there is quite quirky and fun, down to the graffiti and giant cartoony designs.

5221123808_7653caf085_b.jpeg

And, if there are any awesome shopping areas not in the Destination Guide... they should be, so please submit so your kindly Editorial Team at Linden Lab can include you! (This is probably easiest done by the mall owner.)

• 5 months later...

Another suggestion would be to join a hunt with a theme that sounds interesting to you.  You will often see signs in front of a store that show what hunts they are participating in.  One hunt I am doing right now has 150 stores and most of them are really awesome and new to me.  Its a fun way to pass time in sl and the group chat can be amusing.

Here is a blog about hunts...

http://slhunts.wordpress.com/

ETA: Most hunts right now will be holiday themed but you might still find some fun stuff and new stores. I would recommend grid-wide hunts over store or sim hunts - you will get more variety.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.