What mesh body dev kits are available without application?

Paprika Peppermint

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am getting into making mesh clothing and because I don't have an established store or much to show for, I don't think it's worth applying to get dev kits for any of the mainstream bodies out there just yet. I have picked up the Kemono and Avatar 2.0 body dev kit from Utilizator's website and made a couple items so far. It looks like eBody also gives out their dev kit without application. What are some other bodies out there that don't require an application to get their dev kit? 

Edited by Glamtr0n

17 minutes ago, Glamtr0n said:

I am getting into making mesh clothing and because I don't have an established store or much to show for, I don't think it's worth applying to get dev kits for any of the mainstream bodies out there just yet. I have picked up the Kemono and Avatar 2.0 body dev kit from Utilizator's website and made a couple items so far. It looks like eBody also gives out their dev kit without application. What are some other bodies out there that don't require an application to get their dev kit? 

Ruth 2.0 may be coming up and there isn't much clothes for it yet.

For those not familiar with it, Ruth 2.0 is an open source project to create a (relatively) low lag mesh body for opensim and of course several merchants have seen the opportunity to upload it to SL too. You can pick it up for a Linden on MP. It does have a few anoying flaws, such as the rigging of the bum and the UV mapping of the tummy. But none of the commercial mesh bodies are flawless either and with a price as low as that, it may well become a big hit.

• Like 1

Hello, I can answer you personally: I find useless to ask permissions or lots of papers, because in  the end designers are best "friends" in the commercial war. On other side more you make nervous people and more you sell. In fact all the people want dev kit for free but they do not care to get it, and who get it usually hope to get a free avatar rigged to import in second life.

Question is: who support the bodies that give the kit for free?

Edited by Ramses Meredith

The Solarian Feline and Blue Galaxy Feline devkits are still available, just not from the links supplied with the models. A quick google turned them up at

http://kanzaki.cat/files/

You can also find current links at the various in-world stores at Caisteal

It's a pretty efficient mesh with a trickle of support, though I doubt we'll see a BoM version. On the other hand, with ARC numbers usually under 20k I doubt the effort to support BoM would gain much.

1 hour ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

While BOM is supported (by anything that's modifiable), none of those avatars follow the LL UV, so you cannot use standard skins with them.

Which I never claimed.

That being said, Utilizator is working on a LLUV compatible version.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.