Skin - Body combinations and issues

conilmionome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all, i have this problem during my demo tests:

testing some combinations, for example Clef skin and Jake Belleza body, when i wear the shape found inside the skin to get the exact look of the photo.....the hands and arms are visibly deformed, although the face is perfectly same as it should be. Instead, if i replace the shape included in the skin with the original one of Jake's body, the oppiste happens, the body turns out to be proportionate but clearly the face does not have the exact traits of the skin i want. ( obviously i always try with the recommended head )

Does it happen because i'm using demos? or should i just try clef skin with other bodies because maybe this combination doesn't work well? I don't understand why for example with Not Found skin  and Belleza jake everything works wonderfully, already with a demo.

thanks for any help!

1 hour ago, conilmionome said:

Does it happen because i'm using demos?

Most likely this.  It is also possible the shape makers just used default values for the parts they were not interested in. 

When making your shape, you may want the body from one shape and the head from another; this sounds like what you are seeing anyway.  To get them together, you need to edit each shape and write down the slider values for the parts you want.   It usually easier to write down the Body, Torso and Leg values from the body you like and then edit the shape of the head you like to use these values since you have much less to copy that way.

• Thanks 1

No one would buy full priced demos unless it is some deformed part that keep them from using it. In this case, abnormally big hands. So the shape that comes with the full priced skin will have normal hands. And I am sure the shape will be modify too, so you can do some body adjustments. Changing the body is easier than the face.

Edited by Marianne Little
added more info
  • Thanks 1

You can blend the shapes to get the head from one and the body from another. One of the shapes has to be full perm. Otherwise it gets really complicated.

What you are running into is this problem.

Heads-n-Shapes.jpg

You can go to the JIRA BUG-216131 and I think there is enough info there for you to figure out how to blend the shapes.

I have my Jennifer head shape in a file and the shape for my Slink body in another file both of which live on my computer. The head shape is the XML file with ONLY the various settings for the head. I removed all the others. The body shape is a file without any of those 'head' settings.

Several viewers allow you to export and import shapes as XML files. These shape files are just text files with a special formatting. Not hard to figure out and easy to edit. 

When I have a new head I can wear the included shape and destroy my 'perfect' shape *cough cough*  then import my saved Slink body only shape XML and get a new shape that is a mix of the two. I hope that makes sense.

The JIRA got accepted. So maybe some day the Lindens will add the requested modification to make this easier.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.