Why is it so hard to get a developer's kit?

Junejewels

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I simply want to design clothes for ebody, maitreya, slink, and legacy bodies but the only available kit I have access to right now is the ebody kit. I don't understand why all the other body brands make you apply to get a kit. And then in the application a lot of them say they won't send you a kit unless you already have an in-world store. What sense does it make to purchase land and pay the tier each week for it to just sit there because you don't have anything to put it in it because you can't make clothes without a body. I'm confusion. If anybody has a link to where I can simply download the kit that would be appreciated. Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Hi June!

Unfortunately, individual creators have complete control over who they'll provide with developer kits.  I'd suggest you start by making clothes for the body(s) you can arrange a relationship with, and sell them on the Marketplace.  That doesn't cost you anything but time and effort.  If you have some success, then you can think about opening up an in world store...and maybe having an established MP store with regular sales could serve to soften some people's hearts.

• Like 2

You can make fitted mesh clothes for the base avatar. There are still people without mesh body, and it's a way to show what you can do. You can buy the Tonic developer kit. It also contains a light version of her body to test your creations inworld. 

Edited by Laurent Bechir
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.