watching an Amazon prime movie in Second life

JuanUaury

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have tried to watch an amazon prime movie on my Deimos TV and I get up to the point where i press play button and I keep getting an error message that says:  your viewer is missing  "WidevineCdm"  when i go to Chrome and look for it , it is there and upgraded.. anybody know the answer to that?

2 hours ago, JuanUaury said:

when i go to Chrome and look for it , it is there and upgraded..

That is not going to do you any good at all. SL viewers (LL and third party) have part of the Chromium viewer built in, known as CEF or Chromium Embedded Framework and it uses this to display shared media (like on your in-world TV). This is a very limited version and does not support DRM protected streams. Widevine is one of the methods with which content is being protected.
So... Whether you wish to watch streaming content from Amazon Prime, Netflix or even some free service like Tubi or PlutoTV, you will be SOL trying to watch that in SL if it is protected in any way. 

Best stick with Youtube and perhaps a few other services. but thing is, if it does not work on your TV, then it simply does not work. Nothing you can do about that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.