BELLYSNIFFER Conference Griefing & Hacking: How to Report/Protect

Bloodsong Termagant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Sunday, March 15

i noticed in my Group IM list, i had some conference chat from "BELLYSNIFFER"... and decided it must be some griefing something and closed it, then blocked that person.

several minutes later, i got another conference im from the same name (different account? dunno).  i reported it through the abuse tools.  others posted the settings below to prevent conference IMs.

since i had the 'report automatically ignored' setting on, i began getting spammed by other accounts trying to conference me.  these accounts were of established avatars, much older than the account that started this nonsense.  i have a concern that this conference spam is somehow gaining access to people's accounts, though i don't know how.

aside from the abuse report sent, and, well, here... i don't know what other channel to use to report this.  so... A: where/how do i report it, if i think it is more serious than random griefing, and... B: is it actually hacking accounts, and how do i protect myself against that happening to mine?

Settings to avoid Conference IM Griefing:

RVdtn0E.png

Edited by Bloodsong Termagant

3 answers to this question

I'd stop worrying that someone's accessing your account.  That's a whole different thing, and the symptoms of it would be different (mainly, you couldn't log in, or your chat logs would show you were logged in at times you know darn well you were not.)

I'm not sure what to tell you here...except that if you un-check the "report ignored conference chats" box you will stop getting annoying notices, even if people do keep inviting you to conference calls.  Also, try un-checking the "Don't ignore conference chat invitations from my friends" box.  Maybe the person(s) sending these offers are on your Friends list.

• Like 1

One problem is ad-hoc conferences that get closed don't honor the closed session soemtimes and the next chatter in that session reopens the session but under their name.

Ad-hoc sessions should always have the name of the person originating the session in the top of the modal.

Most likely there are backend issues that prevent things from working as expected.

Most likely the priority to getting that fixed is very low ATM.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.