how do i download black dragon viewer?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hey can someone please tell me why when I download black dragon viewer and go to click onto it after the downloading as finish that its not opening up the program ? and pops up with this error?

error.png

3 answers to this question

There’s a link to the Visual C++ redistributable installer on the Black Dragon download page that you’ll need to install if you’re getting an error on startup.

Edited by Lyssa Greymoon
9 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

There could be many reasons for this.  Here's a link to an article with some suggestions...

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/application-error-0xc000007b-3613164/

At least it's listed as second, although it recommends installing the latest version of VC Redist, which wouldn't help because the Viewer is compiled with Visual Studio 2013 thus needs VC Redist 2013.

3 hours ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

There’s a link to the Visual C++ redistributable installer on the Black Dragon download page that you’ll need to install if you’re getting an error on startup.

^this

Dann, asked me over Discord how to fix this. For anyone else with this issue, this is the link to the correct VCRedist version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Edited by NiranV Dean
  • Thanks 2
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.