All sim crossing very slow this week? Or is it just me?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Could'nt even bicycle properly last night, let alone sail or fly. Every wall I brushed against on the cycle I sort of sank into, becoming trapped inside. Plain prim walls too. T'was weird.ffff.thumb.jpg.4873ba1e1ca0e6edbefe4476bb0d8a3a.jpg 

Edited by rasterscan
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Christian109 said:

Well that would explain not being able to cross sims in events where the Barbie-dolls go, but the regions I am flying in are basically empty of avis.

It could be other people outside of Second Life increasing the load on the lines you're connecting on:

https://boingboing.net/2020/03/12/coronavirus-telecom-italia-sa.html

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Like 1

I think there's something worse since the new version last Wednesday. My own bikes have monitoring and logging, and three times I've seen a message I haven't seen in months: "CROSSSLOW - Waiting for avatar to cross". The bike has entered a new region, but the avatar hasn't yet crossed regions and caught up. My bikes freeze in place when this happens, because a second region crossing with the avatar Left Behind will cause a hard fail. After about 10-15 seconds, the avatar caught up, the bike unfroze, and things went normally.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, animats said:

I think there's something worse since the new version last Wednesday. My own bikes have monitoring and logging, and three times I've seen a message I haven't seen in months: "CROSSSLOW - Waiting for avatar to cross". The bike has entered a new region, but the avatar hasn't yet crossed regions and caught up. My bikes freeze in place when this happens, because a second region crossing with the avatar Left Behind will cause a hard fail. After about 10-15 seconds, the avatar caught up, the bike unfroze, and things went normally.

That seems to describe what I was seeing exactly.  Eventually I hit one where the avatar never makes it - after 3 minutes I give up and relog.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.