temporal acess and land building against COVID-19

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everybody, im lecturer in french art school of Orleans and l've prepared my students to work on/with SL for 2 weeks, before possible covid19 containement. 

I wonder if some free places exist in SL to teach, build, create groups and share knowledges ? 

Thanks for all, lb. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JulioBrome said:

Hello everybody, im lecturer in french art school of Orleans and l've prepared my students to work on/with SL for 2 weeks, before possible covid19 containement. 

I wonder if some free places exist in SL to teach, build, create groups and share knowledges ? 

Thanks for all, lb. 

create groups cost money.. not a lot .. just around 40 cts  :)

question is.. what is the age?

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Teens_in_Second_Life

there are specific limitations, as you see in that article.
I think it might be a option to go for a Educational region, access limited to that one only (SL isn't a place where you should let minors or even adults without proper knowledge what to expect, travel around)
Of course a region costs money, but educational ones get a rebate. You have to contact LL for these.
I'm pretty sure people are willingly to open their land for it, but the same time, if you flood a region with 20/30/40?  students experimenting with rezzing and all things in SL, other users there won't get happy. Inform your to be host well, to avoid issues later.

If you come with a group of adults.. renting a fp region for a month might be a option too .. pay a landlord by the week, and end it when you go back to RL .

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

Thanks for all !!! 

I work with majors students, so it's not a problem for us.

I have in past a free acces to a land, someone let me and my students doing some expériences, this was pretty cool.

I think my school is ready to rent a land to make something in SL, my real project is to rebuilt temporarly the entire school to offer a second space for my students and colleagues. 

Yes i know im dreaming... But sl is a dream space too (sometimes) 😉

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JulioBrome said:

Thanks for all !!! 

I work with majors students, so it's not a problem for us.

I have in past a free acces to a land, someone let me and my students doing some expériences, this was pretty cool.

I think my school is ready to rent a land to make something in SL, my real project is to rebuilt temporarly the entire school to offer a second space for my students and colleagues. 

Yes i know im dreaming... But sl is a dream space too (sometimes) 😉

no dreaming:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.