While you can't do these things in real life any more, you can do them in Second Life.

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

29 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Why not do both? If possible.

They've never been in SL and would have to pick it all up. It can be an amazing place but you've always had to spend some time on it to get to grips with it, more so now than ever. Also I think they'll want to hear voices and see faces more than anything else. But I might suggest it as a way to explore worlds and carry out activities while confined. I will probably be doing a fair amount of that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

They've never been in SL and would have to pick it all up. It can be an amazing place but you've always had to spend some time on it to get to grips with it, more so now than ever. Also I think they'll want to hear voices and see faces more than anything else. But I might suggest it as a way to explore worlds and carry out activities while confined. I will probably be doing a fair amount of that. 

That's where I was going with it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

That's where I was going with it.

Honestly, I'm not sure it would hold their attention long enough or that they would get immersed in it. Just knowing them as I do. They also don't know I've ever been on it; my husband and I used to tell people we met online and just left it at that. Think we agreed to say match.com if anyone ever pressed it. 

I might create an alt and mention it. If you see three ethnically diverse avatars going around famous museums and landmarks, do say hi. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Honestly, I'm not sure it would hold their attention long enough or that they would get immersed in it. Just knowing them as I do. They also don't know I've ever been on it; my husband and I used to tell people we met online and just left it at that. Think we agreed to say match.com if anyone ever pressed it. 

I might create an alt and mention it. If you see three ethnically diverse avatars going around famous museums and landmarks, do say hi. 

A person doesn't have to be even partially immersed in order to be able to enjoy spending time with family and friends doing and learning things...

You never know just how bored they might be. ;) 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.