Banned from using items after leaving honest MP feedback

Semirans

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

At least you got a refund and a "request" asking to remove your review, which is already exceeding expectations compared to most sellers.

I bought an unrigged accessory with the wrong permissions making the item pretty much unusable because I can't even resize it. Politely asked if I they can correct it and send me the right version multiple times via both IM and notecard, while the creator was online. Got completely ignored, so I left a negative review on marketplace. Guess what? The shady shop owner not only bribed LL to remove my review, but also banned me from the sim LMAO. You have to have serious RL mental issues if you treat your customers this way, and is quite sad. Also I'm not sure what's the point of banning me from the sim because why would I be stupid enough to give another cent to some shady person like this seller..?

This is the type of BS SL residents put up with when buying stuff. They can pretty much sell you an empty box and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it, because LL is always on the seller's side. I can safely say 25%+ of creators I've had contact with fall into this category.

Edited by MelodicRain
  • Like 1

I love a good conspiracy, but LL is probably not working with anyone. I would love honest feedback from customers, but the only reviews I ever get are when people haven't read the info or don't understand the basics of how Second Life works in general. I consider myself no one special, yet it only takes a few hours to a day to get LL to delete these reviews for me when they happen. I don't even have any contact with anyone in the process. I just report it, ask them to remove it, and it's done. This is one way they can have them removed. The other way would be simply relisting your item. I have seen this so many times with merchants.

Side note: I have known a lot of these people who know LL employees and often it's not a matter of having some upper hand, but being able to have more personal, private conversations to understand how things work behind the scenes from someone who knows, who may not realize what they are enabling. The player then exploits what they know. I also know of many LL employees who also have stores on their non Linden accounts. I don't think anyone would necessarily need someone to help them in any of these examples. Just something to think about.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 5:37 PM, Semirans said:

I wanted to purchase a particularly cute mesh outfit on the MP, but was concerned about previous issues with rigging on Mesh skirts.  I asked in the seller's Group and also posted a request on the FB page for the designer asking either for a demo (which they rarely provide) or for feedback from anyone that might have bought the outfit.  I waited and few days (with posts on the FB group continuing for other items) and finally decided to take the plunge sine the dress was so cute and I had hoped something had changed in rigging over the last 18 months.  The skirt flips completely up when you sit.  I contacted the designer's inworld support and got no response.  My FB post was removed.  I messaged support again and waited a bit before leaving feedback for the MP purchase.

I then got a response saying that a refund had been issued (which I have not gotten) and asking me to remove the negative review.  I am torn about this.  My review was honest. 

I would not remove the review. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2020 at 1:37 AM, Semirans said:

I wanted to purchase a particularly cute mesh outfit on the MP, but was concerned about previous issues with rigging on Mesh skirts.  I asked in the seller's Group and also posted a request on the FB page for the designer asking either for a demo (which they rarely provide) or for feedback from anyone that might have bought the outfit.  I waited and few days (with posts on the FB group continuing for other items) and finally decided to take the plunge sine the dress was so cute and I had hoped something had changed in rigging over the last 18 months.  The skirt flips completely up when you sit.  I contacted the designer's inworld support and got no response.  My FB post was removed.  I messaged support again and waited a bit before leaving feedback for the MP purchase.

I then got a response saying that a refund had been issued (which I have not gotten) and asking me to remove the negative review.  I am torn about this.  My review was honest. 

So what you regret for? About ban? Obviously this store does not deserve your attention anymore, especially if it is true and you asked for support many times but got no answer. Personally me: I ban reviewers kinda "pfff, bad thing, not what i wanted" and similar. People dont want to read descriptions or read and buy anyway and after complain though they really should not get item that is out of their expectations and every word is described in MP listing.

What made me upset was that the seller was claiming that I could no longer use the almost 100 items I have bought over the past years.  Since I couldn't get an actual statement from LL disputing that, I was concerned by the large investment that I would no longer be able to use.  I have since learned that what I bought is mine and i can continue to use it.  I carefully read all the descriptions for anything I buy, so it wasn't a matter of me not reading and then complaining.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i don't really do demos myself for my stuff but if someone asks for one sure i wip up a demo fast and send them. and i encourage anyone that buys my stuff to report any clipping issues and such so i can fix them as i am a one man team and i cant test for every single bug 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.